“Wonderful Place to Stay”

Sonesta ES Suites Dublin
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently for 4 days. The place was great. Clean, comfortable beds and pillows. Staff was very friendly with very reasonable prices. There was a breakfast included which included juice, cereral, fruit, yogurt ,eggs, waffles and a meat option. Water and coffee all day.

We had a two bedroom with kitchen area and living room - TVs in both bedrooms and living room. Nice towels and fast housekeeping. Great parking availability and Graeters Ice Cream within walking distance.

The only negative thing I can think of is that the fan in the bathrooms were on the loud side. But that was a minor thing.

Would highly reccommend Sonesta Suites and look forward to staying at other of their locations.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room and were very happy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will stay with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Sonesta ES Suites Dublin

Reviewed 27 April 2013

This extended stay hotel is absolutely wonderful. The staff are accommodating and friendly. I have been staying in this hotel for a month while I transition out of an apartment and relocate to accept a new job. What would a person want in this situation? Cleanliness, safety, comfort, conveniences of home...this place has it all. The parking lot is well lit, doors are steel and have dead bolts as well as a second lock inside. I have been in different rooms during my stay and they have all been very clean. Kitchen and bathroom were also clean. These things matter more to me than state of the art televisions in the room. It's also very nice to have a full breakfast available and free dinners in the evening after I've worked 9+ hours every day. Travelers should note that the rooms vary slightly - some have a large vanity and some do not. Some have fireplaces and some do not. If these are important to you, simply mention it to the front desk staff and they will accommodate you if possible. If you're staying long term or just passing through, Sonesta is everything you could want in affordable, clean, comfortable lodging.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Victoria S
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to be your home away from home during your transition. We hope that you will continue to stay with us whenever you are in the Dublin area.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

This was my first time stay at a Sonesta ES. Booked a two room suite for $83 dollars... received #1711. Received a great value for my stay. The Room offered two large bed, and baths, livingroom with a fireplace and full kitchen. Beds were comfortable, room was clean, and grounds are well cared for. I was impressed with the staff they were very friendly and helpful....Check-in/out was quick and efficient.

Breakfast the next morning offered a wide variety... cheese omlettes, bacon, waffles, coffee, etc. As a suggestion to Sonesta I would suggest some healthy choices....

The only concern I had was I was unable to double bolt my door, but the hotel is in a great neighborhood so I did not worry about it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BaTraveler007

Thank yor for your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed the room and breakfast. We will definitely take your suggestions and see where we can improve our healthier options. Again, thank you for sharing your experience, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Currently staying at the Sonesta ES Suites in Dublin, OH. Very clean, quiet with superb front desk staff who go out of their way to make residents feel special. Again, the staff is absolutely wonderful!!

Hot breakfast every morning is good although high in carbs and not the healthiest but that's typical for hotels/inn's in this price category. Coffee is great and available 24-hours/day. The exercise room is adequate and when it warms up, the pool looks to be great.

Room is very clean and spacious with a full stove, large refrigerator and open seating.

Finally, the Sonesta ES Suites is really Pet Friendly and not just pet tolerable!!! The staff honestly love the dogs and fortunately, all the guests seem to pick up after their pets!

We couldn't be happier and give this place 5-stars PLUS!! Great staff and pet friendly!!!!

Room Tip: If you have a pet or want quality service, this hotel ranks with the best!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gregory B
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled to hear that you are happy with our hotel. I will make sure to share your comments with the entire staff. We are glad to have you staying with us and I hope we can make this your home away from home.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Rooms were excellent.... Our team was up there for a hockey tournament so it was a time away from home type experience for most of us in our mid-late twenties. We definitely loved the room set ups(we all stayed in the queen studio).. Kitchen, fold out couch, queen bed, etc. Rooms were bigger, reminded me of a decent sized one bed room/studio apartment. There is a Kroger right by so we were able to use the fridge/stove/microwave... Everything worked except the toaster, but that did not bother us. Staff was on the friendlier side... We were a bit much I think for them at times because we were loud(er) and had a few noise complaints. After a long talk over some confusion of which rooms were being complained on, we worked it all out and they even ordered us a taxi so we could just go out instead. They were very understanding even while showing frustration of maybe why we were a loud group. Breakfast was excellent for the scenario... It wasn't just bagels and orange juice... It was hot food, etc. Location was a nice and quiet area. Had some nice bars locally for a cheap taxi ride. Yogi's is only about a mile'sh away and was a good time. I would stay there again but would maybe see if we could have our own building, then we wouldn't be such a nuisance because its hard to quiet down a hockey team! Two thumbs up. I did not rate the pool because it wasn't open but the set up seemed legitimate... Basketball/Volleyball/Pool.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I'm glad that the rooms and breakfast met your needs. We strive to always provide the best service we can, so I'm happy that we were able to work out all the noise issues. We hope that you will consider us again if you return to Dublin.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I travel every month to Columbus OH, and have stayed here on at least 4 separate occasions for a week, each time. It is nice to have a real kitchen, full size fridge, and a stove and microwave, so that I don't spend a fortune on eating out every meal. There is a grocery store right around the corner. Rooms are spacious. Be sure to look in the closet, there are softer pillows inside, as well as extra blankets. Sometimes the heat/AC fan is on the loud side. Decor is dated, some of the bathroom areas could use some TLC. The TV is a big old one - doesn't matter to me because I don't watch, but this might bother someone else. Toiletries are nice quality, better than the usual selection. There is a little workout room, I wouldn't call it a spa, has two treadmills and a bike. There is an outdoor running/walking/biking path nearby that will be great when the weather is better. There is no real "room service" but there are plenty of restaurants in the location affiliated with a delivery service. I'll be coming back again, I am sure.

Room Tip: High rooms are warmer. Low rooms tend to have noise from suites above. I always choose 2nd floor...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Korine F

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am happy to hear that you have been satisfied with the hotel and we look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

I found this place while planning a trip to the zoo. The rooms are great very clean lots of room. The tv really needs to be updated but other then that the rooms are good. Now the staff. We made a 5 hour drive to columbus with 2 small children so naturally they were antsy and wanted to play when we got settled in it was around 7:00 pm when we got a very rude call from the front desk complaining because my 18 month old daughter was running in our room. Apparently if your in the upstairs rooms you have to tiptoe around to not upset the people below us our neighbors across the hall had the same problem. Now this is a really nice hotel but unfortunately because of it we will not be returning

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank craynor10
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you so much for your response. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with your room and I understand your frustration with the noise complaints. I apologize for how the situation was handled. We definitely pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service, so I will use this as a training opportunity to make sure we are providing the best service to all our guests in every situation. Thank you again for your comments, I hope that you and your family enjoyed your trip to the Zoo.