“Construction nightmare”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
St. Louis, MO
“Construction nightmare”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I was all ready to give this place 4 stars. It's clean and spacious. It was quiet. It was perfect for a stop-over or if you needed a place to stay for a longer period of time.
and then...
9 AM - construction workers, literally outside our window. Literally. We were on the ground floor. Construction workers started banging away with SLEDGEHAMMERS, RIGHT - outside the window. Saws were going. They were putting yellow tape - RIGHT outside our room.
We were up, but after that noise we were REALLY up! We went to breakfast, which was fine.
I asked the person at the desk - They're doing this work when the guest is still checked-in?! Couldn't they at least wait for the guest to check out? We were leaving that morning anyway. She gave me some reason and apologized. At least they were sorry about it.

Bottom line - lovely stay. But if they feel the need, they will eliminate, what was up until then, a lovely 'hotel experience'.
I'd stay there again - but only AFTER calling to see what, if any, construction work is happening.

Wow. Never had that happen before. It was truly jolting. We checked out in a hurry!

Room Tip: I would pick a room like we had - away from the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I do want to apologize for any inconvenience we caused with our renovation. We are doing our very best to have the least amount of impact on our guests, but our goal is also to get the work done as quickly and efficiently as possible. We are really excited about the updates and hope that you can return in the future to enjoy our new product.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
North Tonawanda
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We arrived at Sonesta ES Suites in Dublin, Ohio on May 22nd and were immediately greeted by a very friendly desk attendant. She checked us in and gave us our room keys within 5 minutes of our arrival. The room was clean & very nice. I am pleasantly surprised at the size of the room and the entire hotel grounds. We swam in the outdoor heated pool and later walked to a nearby ice cream parlor. This hotel allows pets, which concerned me, but we heard no barking & no noise at all.
I would highly recommend anyone stay with this hotel! We would like to visit the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium again next year and will certainly make reservations here again.
Oh & the breakfast had something for everyone!
I can't say enough good things about this hotel! Thank you!

Room Tip: Every area in this hotel was clean, well lit, and comfortable
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this review, 26 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always nice to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay. I'm happy to hear that Nora went out of her way to make your stay better, I will make sure to share your comments with her and the rest of the team. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed 23 May 2013

There were 5 of us staying here while a family member was at Riverside Hospital. We had a 2 bedroom suite with living room and fireplace and full kitchen which we really didn't need because they serve a full hot, delicious, breakfast and also a meal at night, Monday-Thursday, which was very good. After the BIG breakfast we didn't need anything until evening. The staff was fantastic and very helpful. My niece was celebrating her 1st anniversary and Nora, a staff member, had the hotel sign a card and also gave her and her husband a box of Russell Stover candy. They were delighted and all said they would rate this excellent for everything they did. We also shot a few basketballs in the evening after our meal. Great place, clean, quiet, and in a great location for our needs. We will definitely be back when we are in the area. We stayed here May 16 -19th 2013. From Marietta, OH

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience, I will definitely pass on your comments to the rest of the staff. We look forward to you staying with us again.
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Hotel is at very good location, Rooms are very spacious with fully equipped kitchen. Their complimentary break fast offer good variety for veg and non veg food and fruits. They also offer complimentary dinner. Staff was always helpful and courteous. they also have a business center where we can do printing , fax or scanning.
I was impressed by value they offer for the money.

Room Tip: Prefer to take 2nd floor room that provide more out door cleanliness and you can have better view of...
1 Thank nitesh p
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We always strive to provide a good variety of options on our breakfast buffet, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I had never heard of this hotel when we secured it through Priceline, so I was wondering what kind of quality to expect for the price we bid. We were pleasantly surprised by the tidy and convenient suite. It was very clean and in a nice neighborhood. The staff was wonderfully helpful and friendly and we really enjoyed the delicious complimentary breakfast- it was much more than a typical continental breakfast. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you for reveiwing our hotel. We are happy that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed the hotel. We look forward to you staying with us again.
Fulton, NY
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently for 4 days. The place was great. Clean, comfortable beds and pillows. Staff was very friendly with very reasonable prices. There was a breakfast included which included juice, cereral, fruit, yogurt ,eggs, waffles and a meat option. Water and coffee all day.

We had a two bedroom with kitchen area and living room - TVs in both bedrooms and living room. Nice towels and fast housekeeping. Great parking availability and Graeters Ice Cream within walking distance.

The only negative thing I can think of is that the fan in the bathrooms were on the loud side. But that was a minor thing.

Would highly reccommend Sonesta Suites and look forward to staying at other of their locations.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room and were very happy.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will stay with us again soon.
Ohio
Reviewed 27 April 2013

This extended stay hotel is absolutely wonderful. The staff are accommodating and friendly. I have been staying in this hotel for a month while I transition out of an apartment and relocate to accept a new job. What would a person want in this situation? Cleanliness, safety, comfort, conveniences of home...this place has it all. The parking lot is well lit, doors are steel and have dead bolts as well as a second lock inside. I have been in different rooms during my stay and they have all been very clean. Kitchen and bathroom were also clean. These things matter more to me than state of the art televisions in the room. It's also very nice to have a full breakfast available and free dinners in the evening after I've worked 9+ hours every day. Travelers should note that the rooms vary slightly - some have a large vanity and some do not. Some have fireplaces and some do not. If these are important to you, simply mention it to the front desk staff and they will accommodate you if possible. If you're staying long term or just passing through, Sonesta is everything you could want in affordable, clean, comfortable lodging.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Victoria S
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to be your home away from home during your transition. We hope that you will continue to stay with us whenever you are in the Dublin area.