“First Time at Sonesta and Would Definitely Return”

Sonesta ES Suites Dublin
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Dublin
“First Time at Sonesta and Would Definitely Return”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

There were three of us in a room and we had the suite with two separate bedrooms/bathrooms and a separate living area and kitchen. One of my friends was very impressed with the comfort of her bed. I got the pull-out sofa bed. OK for a sofa bed. Clean accommodations. The continental breakfast was VERY good, with offerings of sausage, scrambled eggs, bacon on some days, fruit, yogurt, cereal, make your on waffle, bagels, muffins, juice and coffee. I'm sure I've left something off. This is something everyone should take advantage of while staying at Sonesta. Only complaint I had was the slowness of the internet connection. Had some trouble while trying to buy zoo membership using computer in business center, but finally got it to work. I will definitely be considering Sonestas for future trips to other places.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lookinthrualens
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and beds. I will make sure to look into the internet connection issue. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Stockbridge, Georgia
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Loved the beds, we had the two bedroom suite, very roomy and had two full bathrooms! Very spacious! Breakfast buffet was good, lot of things to chose. Service was great. Rooms were clean. Parking was plentiful, hotel was pretty full on Labor Day Weekend. Will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Beachkat1
I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for sharing your expereince. We hope to see you again soon.
Westland
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We met the in-laws here because of the American Girl doll store in Columbus & because it's about halfway between our houses. We were thrilled at the accommodations. The full kitchen was wonderful. We were able hit the Kroger a half mile from the hotel and eat in – big money saver. The full size refrigerator was great to have; the two separate bedrooms, each with their own bathroom, were a fantastic idea and even the sofa bed was pretty comfortable. We brought camp chairs so we had enough seating for the 5 of us. The TV could have been bigger but I realize it’s meant for a working stay, not really for entertaining an extended family. The pool was lovely. We did not take advantage of the food service but based on the rest of our experience, it was probably good too. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are convenient but can be noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel. Our two bedroom suites are always great for families. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were visiting family and friends in the area and wanted a place with the comforts of home. Sonesta was awesome! The room was very spacious with separate kitchen, living room and sleeping areas. The room was perfect, everything was clean well equipped and in proper working order. The blackout curtains really work if you want to sleep late. The breakfast buffet was good with lots of variety and quantity. Very easy access in and out of the property with several nice restaurants nearby and one exit from Tuttle Crossing mall which is huge! It was a great location and value for our needs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for reveiwing our hotel. It's always great to hear how much guests enjoyed their stay. I hope you enjoyed your time with your family and friends. We can wait to have you stay with us again.
Elkview, West Virginia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

First time staying here. Everything was perfect. No complaints here. Room was very clean had a two bedroom suite. Perfect for our family. Pool was very clean and warm water. Breakfast was also good eggs, sausage, waffles and more. Very polite people working here. Anything we needed they got us right away. Nice kitchen in suite.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope that you had a wonderful time visiting your family and friends. We hope to see you again soon.
Youngstown, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The first impression of this hotel was wow!!! Lobby was clean also enjoyed the complimentary cucumber water, coffee, hot chocolate and freshly baked cookies. First inspection of room 412 was good. It was Spacious, appeared to be clean, very well lit. But as soon as we brought all our belonging in we began to notice things, first in one of the bedrooms there was a hole in the wall behind the tv. The doors to the bedroom would not shut that may not seem like a big deal but when your traveling with teenage boys and your the only woman when you change clothes you want to make sure your door is shut and locked. The bathroom door would not shut unless you lifted the toilet lid spiders in the bathtub there was holes in the pull out sofa spider webs in the corners the carpet smelled musty Every day we had to ask for enough towels and washcloths for six people the kept giving us enough for three people. Out of the 8 days we stayed there housekeeping only cleaned the room GOOD one time The other times I had to chase down housekeeping to halfway clean the room. I should mention that this hotel is remodeling. They tell you that construction will not start until after 9am but everyday it started much earlier and woke everyone up. If I wrote all the things that I was unhappy with I would be writing for days. Even with relaying all our complaints to management we did not receive any discount or adjustment on our total bill so Basically I would not return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from room #412 if you must stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my apologies that your stay was not enjoyable. I was not made aware of all of your concerns until reading your review, so I apologize again that there was a communication breakdown. I assure you that we would have accommodated you for your inconvenience while you were here. I will be reaching out to speak to you as soon as possible with the information we have on your reservation. We definitely want to make sure we take care of all our guests, so please feel free to contact me as well if the information we have may not be correct. Thank you again for your comments, I hope that we will be able in touch soon.
ann arbor, MI
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was excited about the great recent reviews and we found what we thought was a good price, but not super impressed when we got here.

We rented a two bedroom suite, which was the perfect size for 3 kids and 2 adults. The kitchen was outdated, but that didn't bother me as it was very clean.

The suite was very outdated, but not in terrible shape or anything like that, so I could live with it. The two teenage boys were VERY disappointed that the TV's were "retro" early 90's and they couldn't hook the XBOX up to the TV.

My daughter slept on the pull out sofa one night and the next night decided the arm chair was more comfortable. She is only ten, so it must have really been lumpy. Our bed was very soft and sunk in the middle. Our sheets barely fit and kept exposing the mattress.

I could have lived with all of the above, BUT the perfume smell they use to disguise odors in the room was very potent and flared up my asthma and sinuses. There were no other rooms available, so they told me to open a window and run the fan...fine BUT there were holes in the screens and because of the active remodeling of the outside of our windows, there was exposed black mold, insulation, paint scrapings, and contractor's smoking cigarettes (next to our windows!)- I would have had to wear a mask all night long.

We went and bought vinegar and baking soda and we were able to bear the smell a little better. Why do some hotels insist on high concentrations of overpowering perfume scents? It's awful and toxic!

Positives: The pool was clean and decent enough for the kids. There is a grill, a picnic table, etc if you decide you would like to enjoy the courtyard. Breakfast is traditional free hotel fare, if you like that sort of thing. Location is perfect.

Staff was very friendly.

If you don't have allergies or asthma, don't mind men working outside your window (for a few months at least), and can handle older furnishings, this hotel will probably do.

For anyone with scent allergies, asthma, I say, be aware and you will probably be happier elsewhere.

Room Tip: The rooms have ample room. The two bedroom suite is perfect for families with different sleep schedu...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize for the problems that you experienced. We will be looking into the product we are using for deodorizing the rooms, we certainly don't want to cause any asthma or allergy issues. I apologize that we could not solve this issue for you while you were here. I will also be addressing the other issues with the renovation team, our guests' wellbeing is always our first priority. I hope that you will come back and see us once we have completed all our renovations next year.