“Reasonable and Convenient to Dublin”

Sonesta ES Suites Dublin
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

We've never stayed at a Sonesta Suites. The hotel reminds me more of a studio efficiency apartment. It would be a nice place for a business traveler or small family on vacation. All rooms have an outside entrance( which I have never stayed at a hotel with this type of entrance.( if I were traveling alone as a woman I would prefer an inside entrance with security due to the safety aspect) That being said overall the hotel was very clean It had a nice recreation area and a beautiful basketball court and a nice pool. This hotel provides a nice breakfast which was above average! I wish I could recall the name of the woman that was working that morning she was bilingual and she made you feel like you were a guest in her home. She was fantastic and super friendly. This hotel is nice but doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a 5 star property! So,if you want a luxury resort this is not for you!! Sonesta Suites is pretty basic and straight forward. It was very clean and affordable and less than a mile away from downtown Dublin.

• Stayed: September 2013
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience. I will make sure to share your comments with my team, especially our breakfast attendant. I hope that you will be able to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have stayed at the Sonesta ES Suites before and had based my booking on past visits, as it's an inexpensive option in Dublin. There were stink bugs on the windows of the room and crawling on the draperies. When it was pointed out to the clerk at the front desk, she didn't offer a remedy, but said she encountered the same issue at her apartment. There were grey hairs on the carpet and sofa, although it appeared to have been vacuumed. And construction workers were yelling and doing work on a unit before 9am on a Sunday morning.

Room Tip: Call and ask if construction is going on, and request a second floor unit at the back of the complex...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am so sorry that this time was not a good experience for you. I can understand your concerns with bugs and the cleanliness. We definitely pride ourselves on providing clean rooms and great service, so I apologize that they didn't remedy the situation for you. I will be addressing this with my team as soon as possible. I hope that you are willing to give us another try in the future. I'm sorry for an inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Needed just one night for my wife and I. We decided on a change from your typical big name chain. Wow! We were very impressed. Overall, very happy with the room, the location, and the breakfast. They are in the process of remodeling, but they were never in our way, and we didn't hear them at night or early in the morning. The only negative items: the mirror on the closet door was cracked, and there was hair behind the bathroom door - oh, and a candle burn on the coffee table.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing your comments. I hope that you are able to get away again soon and come back and see us.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We had 2 nights booked. Starting with the negative, the hotel overbooked & sent us to a dreary Holiday Inn about 10 miles away. They comped us for the night - the right thing to do. We stayed the 2nd night at Sonesta where they do allow pets - we didn't have one. The room was spacious, clean, a full kitchen and fireplace, which was not needed on this warm night. Everyone was very nice & helpful. Free breakfast in the morning and snacks in the evening. It's not the Ritz Carlton but it is a great choice for the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I'm sorry that we were not able to accomodate you the first night of your stay. We defintely hate to have to send someone to another hotel, especially when it is not to their satisfaction. We will make sure not to use that hotel in the future. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your night back with us. I hope that you will be able to stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Hotel is well located. Front desk very welcoming and friendly.

It felt like a older version of the Fairfield/Residence Inn hotels. Outside is good (and will be even better as it is under renovation). Pool is good. Food (breakfast and "social/happy hr) is very decent. Only drawback is that the rooms need to be "refreshed". Furniture is showing its age. Closet door so worn out that they come off their rails. TV is an older style box (on a 4 wheel cart).
Desk is average, so good enough to work/use laptop/read
Bed/mattress were very good, but lower/softer pillow is a must. The pillows in the room were good quality, but too bulky to be comfortable.

Having said all that, the value for the price equation is very good. I paid less than $100 (they were running a special promotion) for a clean/safe room in a good location with great staff

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the renovation. On the ground floor if you have a problem with stairs (its...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the hotel. We are definitely excited about the exterior renovation and the interior starts next year. I hope that you are able to come back and see all of our updates.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

There were three of us in a room and we had the suite with two separate bedrooms/bathrooms and a separate living area and kitchen. One of my friends was very impressed with the comfort of her bed. I got the pull-out sofa bed. OK for a sofa bed. Clean accommodations. The continental breakfast was VERY good, with offerings of sausage, scrambled eggs, bacon on some days, fruit, yogurt, cereal, make your on waffle, bagels, muffins, juice and coffee. I'm sure I've left something off. This is something everyone should take advantage of while staying at Sonesta. Only complaint I had was the slowness of the internet connection. Had some trouble while trying to buy zoo membership using computer in business center, but finally got it to work. I will definitely be considering Sonestas for future trips to other places.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lookinthrualens
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and beds. I will make sure to look into the internet connection issue. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Loved the beds, we had the two bedroom suite, very roomy and had two full bathrooms! Very spacious! Breakfast buffet was good, lot of things to chose. Service was great. Rooms were clean. Parking was plentiful, hotel was pretty full on Labor Day Weekend. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Beachkat1

I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for sharing your expereince. We hope to see you again soon.