“Beautiful surroundings and very convenient.”

Sonesta ES Suites Dublin
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our first experience with Sonesta Suite was a surprisingly great stay. We were there to visit the Columbus Zoo. Very pleasant and courteous staff; clean, comfortable and roomy suite. Loved the natural surroundings with the added convenience of being close to shopping, restaurants and points of interest.
When advertised with a complimentary breakfast, we were expecting the typical continental fare but, we're shocked to find such an extensive variety.
Overall, one of the best hotel stays of all our travels at a great price.
Thank you for making this trip so great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope that you also enjoyed your time at the Zoo and that you can come back to see us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Sonesta ES Suites Dublin

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after a Buckeye game. Big room, clean and comfortable. Full size fridge, with good size kitchen and living room. Could use new TV, as it was a 30 inch on tv cart. Otherwise room was great. Snacks offered all night in lobby & staff very friendly.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will actually be renovating all the rooms the first half of next year, which will included brand new flat screen TVs. I hope that you can come back and stay with us to enjoy the updates.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Bathroom, dirty. Kitchen,,dirty. Coffee pot had noodles and moldy coffee in pot. Do not even think of this place. Terrible. Awful. Rotten,bugs flying around,,,,,needs some love fast. Many options here. This is NOT one!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your comments. I apologize that your experience with us was not a pleasant one. We always strive to provide clean rooms, but I realize we failed to do so in this instance. I assure you that this is not a common occurrence and I will definitely be addressing this with our housekeeping staff so that this will not happen in the future. Again, I do apologize and hope that you will come back and give us a second chance when you are back in Dublin.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

We've never stayed at a Sonesta Suites. The hotel reminds me more of a studio efficiency apartment. It would be a nice place for a business traveler or small family on vacation. All rooms have an outside entrance( which I have never stayed at a hotel with this type of entrance.( if I were traveling alone as a woman I would prefer an inside entrance with security due to the safety aspect) That being said overall the hotel was very clean It had a nice recreation area and a beautiful basketball court and a nice pool. This hotel provides a nice breakfast which was above average! I wish I could recall the name of the woman that was working that morning she was bilingual and she made you feel like you were a guest in her home. She was fantastic and super friendly. This hotel is nice but doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a 5 star property! So,if you want a luxury resort this is not for you!! Sonesta Suites is pretty basic and straight forward. It was very clean and affordable and less than a mile away from downtown Dublin.

• Stayed: September 2013
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience. I will make sure to share your comments with my team, especially our breakfast attendant. I hope that you will be able to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have stayed at the Sonesta ES Suites before and had based my booking on past visits, as it's an inexpensive option in Dublin. There were stink bugs on the windows of the room and crawling on the draperies. When it was pointed out to the clerk at the front desk, she didn't offer a remedy, but said she encountered the same issue at her apartment. There were grey hairs on the carpet and sofa, although it appeared to have been vacuumed. And construction workers were yelling and doing work on a unit before 9am on a Sunday morning.

Room Tip: Call and ask if construction is going on, and request a second floor unit at the back of the complex...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am so sorry that this time was not a good experience for you. I can understand your concerns with bugs and the cleanliness. We definitely pride ourselves on providing clean rooms and great service, so I apologize that they didn't remedy the situation for you. I will be addressing this with my team as soon as possible. I hope that you are willing to give us another try in the future. I'm sorry for an inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Needed just one night for my wife and I. We decided on a change from your typical big name chain. Wow! We were very impressed. Overall, very happy with the room, the location, and the breakfast. They are in the process of remodeling, but they were never in our way, and we didn't hear them at night or early in the morning. The only negative items: the mirror on the closet door was cracked, and there was hair behind the bathroom door - oh, and a candle burn on the coffee table.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing your comments. I hope that you are able to get away again soon and come back and see us.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We had 2 nights booked. Starting with the negative, the hotel overbooked & sent us to a dreary Holiday Inn about 10 miles away. They comped us for the night - the right thing to do. We stayed the 2nd night at Sonesta where they do allow pets - we didn't have one. The room was spacious, clean, a full kitchen and fireplace, which was not needed on this warm night. Everyone was very nice & helpful. Free breakfast in the morning and snacks in the evening. It's not the Ritz Carlton but it is a great choice for the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I'm sorry that we were not able to accomodate you the first night of your stay. We defintely hate to have to send someone to another hotel, especially when it is not to their satisfaction. We will make sure not to use that hotel in the future. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your night back with us. I hope that you will be able to stay with us again.