“Maybe next time”

Sonesta ES Suites Dublin
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel from Dec 6th 2013 to Dec 8th 2013.
Our room was a two bedroom suite with a kitchen and a fireplace.
On our first night there the room door would not open unless you acted like a swat team and tried to tear the handel off while pushing as hard as you could in on the door.
After we were going to bed with all the lights out you could see daylight all the way around the front door and the draft at 21 degrees was quite cold coming in around the door so cold in fact we had the temp set to 78 to keep the rooms warm.
The next morning I spoke to david at the front desk and he helped us out and said he would send around the guy to fix the door.
The man came around about 3pm and said he needed to go to the hardware store to get some different seals for the door WE NEVER SAW HIM AGAIN that night.
We turned the temp uo to 80 that night to try and keep out the 17 degree weather but this time we burnt 3 logs to help heating the room
I was told many times they were remodling the hotel.
So I might give them another chance next Christmas.
They did take 40.00 off the room for the 2 nights but I think it would be better if they would have waved one night for my troubles.
But like I said I might wait a year and give them another try.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am truly sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay. I will be looking into your concerns so that we can resolve the issues with that room. I understand that maybe our compenstation was not adequate, so I will be more than happy to make an additional adjustment up to one nights stay. We definitely hope that you will come back next year to give us another chance and enjoy our newly renovated rooms.

There are newer reviews for Sonesta ES Suites Dublin

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I had not heard of the Sonesta brand of hotels before I searched for hotels to stay on a trip to Columbus. I selected this one because it seemed reasonable in price and close to where I wanted to go. I am glad to discover this place. I liked the appearance of the property; it does not have that "hotel" look. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. The only dated item in my room was the TV, which was not major distraction for me. The breakfast was warm and plentiful. I would return here the next time I visit the area.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am so happy to hear that you decided to give us a try and enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed here for the weekend while attending the Presidents Cup at Muirfield Village. The hotel suite is sort of dated and needs some updating but that is the only negating factor (not enough to complain really). It is still an excellent hotel otherwise with great convenience, awesome service and convenient location. The included breakfast buffet was very good too! The hotel provided us shuttle service to and from the tournament and this was so handy. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over President's Cup. It was a great week and we were happy to make life a littler easier for our guests by providing the shuttle to the tournament. Thank you for sharing your comments. Please come back and see us the next time you are in Dublin.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Took a chance and it paid off. I was in Columbus with my family of 5 for a week long fencing tournament in the summer and needed an efficiency hotel. Sonesta ES Suites in Dublin, OH is the only place to stay if you are traveling with a family. The 2 bedroom/2 bath was well worth it for many factors, especially if you are traveling with a family. If you have ever been to Columbus, you know there really is nothing to do downtown. Short North is great, but its only restaurants. And North Market is a good place to eat. North Market is like the South Street Seaport in NYC and the Quincey Market in Boston....bunch of restaurants under one roof.

Dublin, Ohio is only a 15 to 20 minute ride to Downtown Columbus...highway driving. Dublin also has a quaint town with boutique shops and great restaurants. Also has its commercial side of department stores, grocery stores, restaurants and a Costco nearby. It has everything that you need. The Zoo was only 10 to 15 minutes away from the hotel.

Now, Sonesta was great because it was right off the highway, but far enough not to hear any noise. And it was set in from the road that you do not hear any noise either. The layout is simple, two levels...ground and 1 flight up...no elevators. Picture attached townhouses and that's the set-up. The suite was more than enough room for the 5 of us. Picture a studio apartment with two separate bedrooms. The 2 bathrooms were in the bedrooms...and the sink is separate from the shower and toilet. The sofabed in the living room was no thrill to sleep on, but I called the front deak and asked for several winter comforters to layer the sofa bed and it worked. Or if you want, bring an air mattress to blow up and set in in the living room, but you will need to move some furniture if you do.

They offer a hot breakfast everyday and a light dinner some nights. Pool was a good size and the multi-purpose sport court was next to the pool. They have a laundry room as well. Sonesta is a very clean establishment. And the staff is just so friendly and accommodating. The cookies at the front desk is a nice touch. There is a Max & Erma's Restaurant, Chase bank and Graeter's Ice Cream which is only a 2 minute walk if that..the map makes it look farther, but its not. We were at Grater's Ice Cream every night.

The reason for 4 stars and not 5 is that I was able to get the Sonesta for an incredible price. They are rennovating now, and this will most likely drive up the cost. But, call Sonesta and see if there is any speacials going on.

So do your research and check around, and you will see that Sonesta is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BBChin
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you had such a great experience with us this summer. We are looking forward to having you back again next year.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our first experience with Sonesta Suite was a surprisingly great stay. We were there to visit the Columbus Zoo. Very pleasant and courteous staff; clean, comfortable and roomy suite. Loved the natural surroundings with the added convenience of being close to shopping, restaurants and points of interest.
When advertised with a complimentary breakfast, we were expecting the typical continental fare but, we're shocked to find such an extensive variety.
Overall, one of the best hotel stays of all our travels at a great price.
Thank you for making this trip so great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope that you also enjoyed your time at the Zoo and that you can come back to see us again soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after a Buckeye game. Big room, clean and comfortable. Full size fridge, with good size kitchen and living room. Could use new TV, as it was a 30 inch on tv cart. Otherwise room was great. Snacks offered all night in lobby & staff very friendly.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will actually be renovating all the rooms the first half of next year, which will included brand new flat screen TVs. I hope that you can come back and stay with us to enjoy the updates.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Bathroom, dirty. Kitchen,,dirty. Coffee pot had noodles and moldy coffee in pot. Do not even think of this place. Terrible. Awful. Rotten,bugs flying around,,,,,needs some love fast. Many options here. This is NOT one!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your comments. I apologize that your experience with us was not a pleasant one. We always strive to provide clean rooms, but I realize we failed to do so in this instance. I assure you that this is not a common occurrence and I will definitely be addressing this with our housekeeping staff so that this will not happen in the future. Again, I do apologize and hope that you will come back and give us a second chance when you are back in Dublin.