“Always a nice stay”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Piedmont, Missouri
“Always a nice stay”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel again on a business trip, and as always, pleased with my stay. I was ill this trip and didn't want to leave my room much, so ordered room service for the first time from this location. It was excellent. The room was very nice, and the shampoo/soaps were nice quality. The atrium can be noisy, but the bedroom does have a separate door to keep the noise out while you sleep. I may be returning again in October, if so, will be gladly staying here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your very kind review. I am pleased to hear that you had a positive experience during your recent visit to our hotel. We hope to see you on your return trip in October.
Becky Miller'

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Van Wert, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel to stay for families. Rooms are very clean the complimentary breakfast is incredible. I would definitely being staying here again as I travel back to Columbus some time this year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for your very kind review. We hope that you and your family will come back and stay with us again soon. Thank you for being our guest.
Williamsburt, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

As with most Embassy Suites, the staff here was professional and welcoming, with one notable exception. When we checked in on 3/3/2014, the young man working the front desk could not understand that I had previously made a reservation and cancelled it, prior to my current reservation. Instead, he insisted that I had no reservation, even though I showed him a copy of the confirmation. Clearly, he had no interest in working towards resolution and even though I was staying the next two days on HH points, he just kept insisting I had no reservation for that night. Since I was there for my husband's funeral, I finally just gave up and simply checked in an off the street guest. Sheesh- does this guy need training. The remainder of the stay was fine; our rooms and the property in general was notable for the exceptional cleanliness in particular. The staff, with the exception noted above, was extremely helpful and outgoing while still being sincere. You can upgrade your room to a priority level, but I'm not sure I would do so again. While the access to food and drink is available 24/7 is it limited to a vending machine sort of affair. This makes sense from a staffing and inventory control perspective, but just seems to impersonal and mechanized. I think this would definitely affect my decision to use this brand again. The breakfast was, and always is, a great value and cleanliness and staffing were thumbs up here as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I know that I already responded to your Hilton customer service survey but again wanted to apologize for the young man that handled things poorly at our desk. I have already had the opportunity to discuss this with him and help him to understand better how to handle a situation such as yours. I hope that he has learned from this a will handle things differently in the future. Once again, my apologies.
Coshocton, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Excellent experience with this hotel! The staff was very friendly; the rooms were great; the food was excellent. I was there on business and the meeting rooms are very spacious. The price of the rooms, in my opinion, were very fair.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your kind review. I hope that other travelers will find it useful as they plan to stay with us at The Embassy Suites Dublin
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I arrived to the hotel on a Friday evening. Unfortunately there were many people from a PGA tournament being held locally and an Indian wedding going on in the main section of the hotel. We checked in OK, but didn't get recognized as a Hilton Honors member which usually means a small snack and bottled water. The hotel honored my request for a room on a higher floor and away from the elevator. The room was spacious and clean and has a separate living room and bed room, unfortunately it smelled heavily of curry. I was going to ask to have my room changed but decided not to.

My wife and I went down to the reception that Embassy suites has between 5:00 - 7:00 pm. They had tortilla chips, potato chips, chex mix, and meatballs. Our experience with the hotel staff there was great - the only downfall was the meatballs were stone cold.

Later on we were watching TV in the living room area of our hotel room and noticed a great deal of noise coming from the main section of the hotel (the hotel has an atrium) to the point we had to turn the TV up to hear. This was coming from the wedding reception taking place in the main part of the hotel. We stuffed towels around the door to block the noise. (We were on the 5th floor and could hear people's conversations quite well). Luckily the bedroom had a separate door so we didn't have to listen to the noise from the wedding - unfortunately there was a large air handler about 3 floors down from our window that droned all the time.

In the morning we went down for the free breakfast. On a scale of 1 - 10 I would give this Embassy Suites' breakfast a 4. The scrambled eggs were barely edible. the bacon was like rubber, and the oatmeal was like wall paper paste. I've stayed at several Embassy Suites and never had a breakfast this bad. The saving grace was a good staff that made me a good omelet. I was going to talk to the manager about our experience but unfortunately we were blocked from the lobby area because of the same Indian wedding. We left out the side door and will not return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so sorry to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. I am always disappointed when we do not meet our guest's expectation. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced my the large event going on in the hotel. That was certainly not our intent. We will continue to strive for improvement. I would be happy to try to correct this situation for you. My email address is becky.miller@hilton.com or my business phone is 614-602-0112. Again, my most sincere apologies.
Reynoldsburg, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Breakfast service was great and help was quickly offered to anyone with a walker or cane or just looking loaded down. Very great staff in there. Were able to check in early. Got upgraded to some kind of status suite which was supposed to give free items from vending machines but couldn't figure out how to access it, also had free wifi with it which we did use. Great shower pressure. Loved the make up magnifying mirror.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the Embassy Suites Dublin. I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience during your recent visit. I hope that you will continue to choose our hotel for your future travel plans. Thank you for being our guest.
Whitehouse, OH, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very nice hotel, but a bit dated. Our bed was not very comfortable as it was broken down. Also, take your own pillows. The furniture is older and needs updated. Breakfast is excellent as is the evening reception.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important to us in order to improve the level of service that we offer. We have just recently placed an order for a new style of pillow. I hopt that this might accomodate you better in the future. Thank you for being our guest.
Becky MIller