“With the hotel being a Hilton I was expecting better.”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Dublin
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Dublin
Cincinnati, Ohio
“With the hotel being a Hilton I was expecting better.”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We paid for our room at booking but they still asked for a card on check in for any incidentals. I knew we weren't going to have any incidentals so I gave her my card. Upon returning home I noticed they charged my account $50.00.I called them and they said I should call my bank and have those charges removed that they were just holding fees. I am still fighting to have those charges removed. The indoor pool was very cold. The hot tub was the same temperature as the pool and the water was dirty. There were no towels in the pool area. There were around 15 children in the pool and hot tub unaccompanied by any adults even thought it was a posted rule. When I went to the desk to get towels I also told them about all the children with no adults but no one ever came to check on them. Around 11:00 pm our toilet over flowed on the bathroom floor and we had to call for help. They check the toilet said it was working now went and got towels and wiped up the water. They did not clean the bathroom room with any kind of cleaner after the toilet spilled all over the floor. No continental breakfast. The breakfast cost right around $9.00. The only good things I can say about this hotel is the staff appeared to be friendly although did nothing about unaccompanied children at the pool. The room appeared to be clean, although they didn't clean the floor after the toilet over flowed. With being a Hilton I was expecting better. I will not stay at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Anna H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Tars57:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our Hilton Garden Inn in Dublin. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not relaxing and enjoyable, as it should have been. We have had our maintenance department resolve the issue with the temperature in the pool and the hot tub. I do apologize that we did not warn you of the $50 hold that is placed when you use a debit card for incidentals. Even though you had prepaid for the room, we must always take a card just in case of any extra charges, but we recommend using a credit card rather than a debit card, because banks take much longer to release that hold back to your account than credit card companies do. I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback so we can take the correct measures to improve in some areas. I do hope you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves and will stay with us again the next time you are in the Dublin area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Good location in Dublin and your typical Garden Inn. However their coffee (both In room and in dining area) are awful. I mean, really, really awful - worst I've ever had in a hotel. Otherwise, the stay was good and the omelets were fantastic! Kudo's to the guy cooking that day - he really loaded them up with goodies. I'd definitely stay here again - but will bring my own coffee next time!

Milklady58:

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We appreciate any and all feedback, especially when our guests had an enjoyable stay and will be back again. I will pass along your comments to our cook, he does make a great omelet! I do apologize for the quality of the coffee during your stay. It normally tastes great! Thank you again for your great review of our Hilton Garden Inn and we hope to see you soon!
pittsburgh
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I just got back from a weekend at this hotel, and I must say that I was really pleased with all aspects of the stay. We had dual purposes in this visit - business, which involved an event held at the hotel, and also leisure, as I had my husband and son with me. The hotel did a bang-up job with the business event, responding to our every request and need in a most efficient and professional manner. I would definitely hold an event there again. My entire family truly enjoyed our room, which was spacious and very clean, with really comfortable beds. The breakfast was a good variety of offerings, very tasty and fresh, and replenished often. The staff, from the first person we encountered, to the last, was friendly and quick to respond. Anna, in particular, was outstanding in her willingness to assist in any regard, both with the event and with all the little details that make all the difference. Will definitely stay here the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was great. I have no tips as I don't know what other rooms were like.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pennsylvaniagal
pennsylvaniagal:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our Hilton Garden Inn here in Dublin!! I am so glad you were able to come visit Dublin and be able to relax and enjoy yourself, also while being in town for work. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in town.
IL
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I booked this hotel visiting my daughter on Mothers day weekend. Previously we had stayed at the Embassy next door. This hotel was dated, there was a chair in the room I would not sit in it looked decrepit. The bed was as hard as a rock. The sink leaked on the floor. Overall not the cleanest hotel. I will go back to Embassy Suites.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Anna H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our Hilton Garden Inn in Dublin. We value our guests and want them to have an enjoyable stay. I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. Here at Hilton Garden Inn we have adjustable Garden Sleep System beds that will adjust the firmness and softness of the mattress. I apologize you were not able to utilize this feature during your stay. We are soon going through a renovation to our property that will improve our hotel greatly. Again, thank you for leaving your feedback and I hope you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves the next time you are in the Dublin area.
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Enjoyed our stay - fresh breakfast, great coffee. I worked in the room while my husband went to seminar at another location. We enjoyed a walk each morning as the location of the hotel is very safe. It is also very close to shopping and great restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for the comments you provided in your review of our Hilton Garden Inn in Dublin. We value all of our guests and am so happy to hear when our guests leave happy. We hope you will always choose us for your hotel accommodations and look forward to seeing you soon!
New Jersey
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed just one night. Very nice accommodations and helpful staff. A purchased breakfast in the AM was efficient and satisfying. Hostess served me coffee with a smile and pleasant greeting. I needed directions for some clothes shopping and they directed me to Tuttle Mall.

• Stayed May 2013
Larry,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hilton Garden Inn in Dublin. I am so happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and our staff took care of you. We hope you will return to our hotel and we look forward to serving you again!
Athens, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 3 May 2013

The front desk staff and breakfast staff were fantastic helping with local directions, making suggestions for area shopping and making sure all needs were met. Breakfast service was fast and the food fresh.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Debra,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel! We so appreciate your kind comments and I will be sure to pass them along to all of our staff. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future!