I stayed at this property from Sept 11 - Sept 14 on business. In all, it is a nice property, my room was spotless (and I am picky), the breakfast had a nice variety of hot and cold items, and it is within walking distance of several businesses, restaurants and a mall. There is a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, pots, pans and utensils, and small range. The reason I did not give it an excellent or above average rating is as follows:
1. The entrance is not well lit. I am female, traveling by myself and checking in at 10 PM. While I encountered no problems, no one was "loafing" outside, I was taken back by how dark it was. There was no signage indicating where the lobby was. Most newer hotels/motels have a roof over the driveway and you can remove your bags from your vehicle there, place them on the cart, and then park. Nothing like that here. Had to park at the other end of the dark parking lot and push the cart, in the dark, to my car.
2. My room door was OPEN when I got to my room. The little metal lever was keeping it open. I suspect it was left this way by housekeeping, but again, traveling alone, I do not want to get to my room with all of my bags and find an OPEN door. Against my better judgment, I went in, looked around, and no one was in there. Nothing was out of place.
3. I occasionally smoke so I had no problem taking a smoking room. I found out why people make a big deal about smoking rooms. IT STUNK!!! I will not agree to a smoking room again. If I want a smoke, I'll wait until later.
4. They ran out of rooms. Some people had to room together, or find a new hotel. The reservations were made far in advance. That is poor customer service on the hotel's part. Our office is within walking distance, and I'm sure they get a lot of business from our company.
One last thing, it had no bearing on my stay or the rating, but if you have children, do not get the studio suite. Ask for a one bedroom. There is no privacy in the studio. There is also only one TV, which swivels (so you can either watch it in bed or while on the sofa). Didn't bother me because I was by myself, but if I had my husband and little ones, I would have wanted a bigger room. I hope this review helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel closer to home at the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Columbus-Dublin hotel, located at the corner of Bradenton and Parkcenter Avenue in Dublin, Ohio. The quiet corporate center is surrounded by a suburban area close to shopping and restaurants.Relax after work and play at the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Columbus-Dublin hotel, where we are committed to your comfort and enjoyment of Columbus and Dublin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Columbus / Dublin Hotel Dublin
- Homewood Suites Dublin
- Hilton Dublin
- Homewood Dublin
- Dublin Hilton
- Dublin Homewood Suites
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Columbus / Dublin Ohio