“Our first stay at a Red Roof Inn”

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We went to Dublin over Easter weekend and we couldn't stay in our usual hotel so we checked TA which gave Red Roof a good review. We were quite surprised. We had a king room with fridge and microwave. The room was super clean but small. A 32" tv on wall had limited channels but adequate for us. The bed was very comfortable. Only coffee was available in the lobby, but there is Bob Evans rest nearby for breakfast. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for king bed or deluxe room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Judy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us. Our new rooms are a pleasant surprise to new guests since they all are smoke free with a flatscreen tv and micro-fridge. We certainly hope that our rooms and our service will make us your go to hotel. Look forwards to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice since January and have been pleased both times. The first I stayed in a traditional room and the second I stayed in a newly renovated room and was impressed. High class for a low price. It's my go to while I'm visiting friends in Columbus.

• Stayed: February 2014

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed our new rooms! We are so very excited to have our NextGen rooms and sharing them with all of our guests. Anytime you come back into town we would look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

When you are spending well less than $100 per night, let's be honest...it's not going to be The Ritz. Knowing this is fine, but here is what is important to me...CLEAN! The Red Roof Inn was that. The hotel in Dublin, Ohio was undergoing some cosmetic upgrades when I was here. The check-in clerk was prompt, friendly and not without a sense of humor. Check-in was over quickly, the pass card worked in the door and my room was ready, although I was about a half hour early of the 3:00 check-in time. The fridge was cold, the shower was hot and the flat screen tv worked. My Wi-Fi was as advertised. The king size bed was very comfortable. I found the pillows were too firm and thick for my preference, but I worked with that. Good deal and as advertised, and of course...clean.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MikeTLondon

Mr London, we wanted to thank you for your wonderful review of our property. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed our new NextGen rooms and everything was working properly. We hope that when you come through Columbus our hotel will be your first choice.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I happened onto the Red Roof Inn based on the reviews here at TA and the desire to find immediate (and inexpensive) Columbus lodging. It was (little) money well spent.

The front desk staff was friendly both at check-in and check-out. The room was clean and more than comfortable. And the location easy to find and well-located. Plenty of free parking, too. No complaints at all.

There is nothing extravagant here, but one doesn't have such expectations at a Red Roof Inn. I hesitate to give it five stars for precisely that reason--it isn't a five-star hotel. Indeed, if you're on the second level you *will* need to carry your bags up a flight of stairs.

But for clean, comfortable digs, it is quite nice indeed.

Room Tip: The stairway approaches the rooms only from one side--so try to park facing that side if you are on...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Judy M, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for your review Mongo. We are so pleased that you enjoyed yourself and that you enjoyed our new rooms as well. We will let the desk know to keep up the hard work. We will look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Great place,GOOD PRICES AND GREAT AREA.CLOSE TO EVERYTHING.No problems check in fast,and great service at check in.Great people.I will always stay here when in columbus.Needs some brighter lighting other than that the stay was great.Nobody bothers you here and also very safe area.

Room Tip: ask for what you want.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arrie p
Judy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I am glad to hear that you found the agent at check in was efficient and provided exceptional service. This is one of the many things we take pride in at our location. We look forward to your next stay with us. It's our pleasure to accommodate you.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

As mentioned previously, this hotel is undergoing renovations. It's quite noisy after 9am. Right outside my room they were working with a skylift forklift (one of those big ones) and it was really noisy. the parking was extremely limited with dumpsters and containers everywhere and sometimes I had to park on the other side of the hotel from where my room was if I got back somewhat late.

This hotel is in two separate buildings, one behind and to the left of the main building with the office. It seemed that if you were in the building in the back the wifi was extremely slow and the signal was extremely weak (wi-fi tracking never got above 20%/1 bar).

The room was extremely nice and clean, brand new. What they're doing with the rooms is definitely going to be worth it in the end, and after they're done I'll definitely stay here again (hopefully the pricing won't increase).

Room Tip: If wi-fi is important, get a room closer to the office.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John M
Judy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We do apologize regarding the noise and the parking situation. It was a busy time since we are almost done with the rooms so there was more activity going on. The containers will be gone shortly so that will make parking go back to normal. We are pleased that you enjoyed our new rooms and certainly look forward to serve you again if you return to the area.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Have stayed many times.
The staff is very nice,Monica recognized me when I checked in.

The new rooms are great nice beds,sinks nice,wood floors,big screen tv
It is right by Bob Evans and kroger is about 1/2 mile away

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Judy M, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for your response Chris, we are glad to see that you have enjoyed our services time and time again. We will inform Monica about her efforts being noticed as well. We look forward to your next stay and will continue working hard for you and all of our guests.