“Definitely a two-star”

Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Ohio
“Definitely a two-star”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

It is very clean and up to date but absolutely NOTHING extra. Rooms are all entered from the inside which I like. Flat screen TV in room but not an over abundance of channels to choose from. Free internet in each room was difficult to get on at times. Person at the desk was very friendly. NO hair dryer in room. I went down to the desk and they gave me one to borrow. We booked this through Priceline. Good price but would not stay again. Would be ok if you were on business and needed a cheap place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Tuttle, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Vicki - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you were pleased with the cleanliness of your room and the friendliness of our staff. Still, I apologize that our amenity policy was not communicated to you better at the time of booking. Please know, I will be working with the team to ensure this message is conveyed better moving forward.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
DuPage County, IL
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting family. If you don't need to have daily maid service, this is the way to go. Fully equipped kitchenette, sitting area, queen bed and split bath (sink in one area/toilet & tub in another). It was tight to use the toilet and shut the door, but a small concession. Our only real complaint was that the bed was super hard, and we both ended up with backaches and leg cramps. If you like firm beds, this is the place for you! The front desk person did say they are looking into changing out the mattresses. They also offer a limited free breakfast (coffee/tea, danish, oatmeal, apples and oranges). Apparently, a former Starbucks exec is now involved in ESA's management, and they plan to expand on this.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 August 2013

It is certainly nice to have clean accommodations that don't feel like a typical hotel room. If you have a family with 2 or 3 children, this beats a regular hotel room any day -- kitchenette (w/full-size refrigerator), living area, and separate bedroom/bath area. My only complaint was the "grab-and-go" breakfast had few selections. If you didn't like coffee or oatmeal, you were out of luck. However, it was easy enough to buy a box of cereal, some donuts, and a gallon of milk and keep the fridge stocked!

Room Tip: If you have children, ask for a first-floor room or a room near an entrance...as there is only one e...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Tuttle, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with size of the room for your family as well as the kitchen. Traveling with a family can certainly get expensive and I am happy to hear you enjoyed using the kitchen facilities. I do apologize if our grab & go breakfast items were not available. We appreciate any feedback we receive, so we can continue to improve for our guests. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We were going to be in town for a long time due to work and it's not always fun staying in a hotel, but the staff at this place made it feel like home. Especially the hotel manager Michelle. Even the maintenance man was friendly, as was housekeeping. The morning coffee is super good. The bed was super comfortable, and the noise level was not disturbing like a lot of other hotels we've stayed at. I would like to see the hotel updated a bit as the carpets and blankets and furniture are a little out of date, but the staff makes it not matter.

We were in the hotel for 3 months and I almost got a tear in my eye saying goodbye to the staff. That's how pleasant they made my time here. A big thank you for making the time in boring Ohio full of a few more laughs.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Tuttle, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Broncos Mom,
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that you feel that our furnishings are somewhat outdated. We are sorry for this issue and we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel. We are happy to read that we provided you with service that outshined this concern. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I had to come to town because my sister was gravely ill in a local hospital. Staying here allowed me to not worry about being away from home. All of my needs were met and beyond. The staff and management did their best to make a horrible situation tolerable. As far as I am concerned, the prices are a bargain!! Keep up the terrific work and service.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Tuttle, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Tuttle. We hope your sister is feeling better and we wish her a speedy recovery. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We live in Columbus, but due to a power outage we stayed in this hotel for a few days. Outstanding experience! The property is beautiful, modern and well maintained. Our room - a king room (suite) with a full kitchen (full size fridge, diswasher, microwave, cooktop and sink) was spotless. Big flatscreen TV and DVD player, comfortable lounge chair, convenient dining table and separate desk for laptop. Free wifi was fast and easy to access. Bathroom immaculate. Wide corridors, clean laundry room - I could go on..... Staff was absolutely great - responsive, efficient, professional, helpful and extremely friendly and personable. They obviously like their jobs and want to be there - unlike so many hotel employees I've encountered over the years who act like they are doing you a favor by taking your money.

This hotel is slightly off the high traffic path, a couple of blocks past the big Tuttle Mall in Dublin, but in a very nice mostly residential area and about a minute from the I-270 outerbelt exit. The rate is reasonable and very moderate for what you get. Overall, this hotel truly lives up to its deluxe name and is comparable or superior to the bigger name hotels at twice the rate. I recommend it without qualification and will seek out this deluxe brand when I travel in the future. It should be noted that the Extended Stay Deluxe is at the top of their brand line and I've had no experience with any of their other variations.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jack444
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Tuttle, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Tuttle. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words!
Tiffin, Ohio
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I just stayed here, and the overall condition of the hotel was below average. Hall carpets had many large stains, linens were scattered in the halls. Chair in room was stained, had a blood stain on the pillow.

Another concern I had was the lighting in the parking lot, I went outside around 11 and found many local people loitering in the dark parking lot. One man came out of the woods behind the hotel and tried to enter the hotel. When he found the door to be locked he simply walked back into the woods. I brought this to the attention of the night manager, and this appeared to be a rather typical occurrence. The night manager did phone the police right away.

I would probably not stay at this hotel, I would chose a different area. Many hotels are located right down the road within walking distance of restaurants/shopping etc.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank AndyR19822
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Tuttle, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Tuttle. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels