“clean & comfy”

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
China MI
“clean & comfy”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Recently stayed the Saturday before Easter. Service for check in & out was great. Very polite & offered to show us around the hotel & asked if we had any dining questions. Our room was super clean and very up to date. Large (42-46") flat screen on swivel base so you could watch either in bed or on the couch. I thought the room set up was excellent. Large sectional couch & foot stool in the "living" room and a computer table off to the side. Small fridge, coffee pot & sink too. Small separator between the living area and very comfy king bed. Bathroom consists of toilet & shower only. The sink with extra countertop space just outside of the bathroom. Yes the actual bathroom was small but you shouldn't be in there too long. Small closet with a decent amount of hangers, a iron, ironing board & luggage rack. Our stay was very good we got a great nights sleep, even rented a dvd from a nearby redbox & no problem hooking up our laptop to their tv to watch. Breakfast was better than the normal hotel freebee. Their French toast & sausage was very good. We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area & would recommend this hotels to others.

Room Tip: We always choose a high floor, less noise from above.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chinasonvacation

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Racine, Ohio
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I recently stayed in your Dublin, Ohio location after many connecting flights and a very long day and night. I did not arrive until late, and slept even later (5AM) with a heavy workload to finish. I've stayed with your company many times up and down the coast and inland to Ohio and have always had a pleasurable experience. The room was very clean with what I would classify standard, but updated, decor for Hyatt Place. Bathroom a little small (normal for Hyatt), carpet clean, bedding and bed very comfortable, excellent television, WIFI medium speed but acceptable if you're not transferring large files.
My only negative experience would be with check-out- not the Manager on duty but with the time. (On a side note, the gentleman that checked me in on 4/14 was excellent- someone else was working the desk when I called at 3 AM). I know your policy is 12:00, but I occasionally ask for later if I need the time to sleep. This is the first property, EVER, to deny me a 1:00 checkout if I wasn't a "Gold Member". (Many locations have given, and even offered as late as 2:00).
To be honest I stay at so many hotels throughout the year I've given up on signing up for "Gold Member" and like status due to unsolicited e-mails, among other reasons. While I understand you have a business to run, the extra hour would of been one less I had to spend at the airport.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool can be loud- ask if this is an issue for you.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Logan, Utah
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I recently visited for a business trip. The rooms were very clean and up to date. The breakfast was great and they had a huge variety of options. 24/7 room service with a mini bar to enjoy some drinks. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ashley R
NE Ohio
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I like the Hyatt Place chain. Usually, good predictable rooms. This was no exception. The bathroom was tiny, but spotless....and I will take that any day! The bed was really nice and the sheets were good too. We stayed a Saturday night and it was packed with families. I'm sure the room rate was the attraction.
My only complaint was the air/heating in the room. It was the wall unit type that when it starts up, it sounds like a freight train coming thru! I think it woke me up every time it started.
We didn't stay for breakfast - it was packed so we went to a bob evens next door....it was empty. I've never seen that on a Sunday morning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NEohiotraveler
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 17 March 2014

When we arrived, the staff at the Hyatt Place was helpful by offering to set up a "crib" (pack n play) in our room for our 15 month old. They also helped to make sure we were on a lower floor. The room was nice...the shower had great water pressure. Continental breakfast had a nice variety. Once again, when the staff saw us carrying a little one to breakfast, they went out of their way to get a high chair and cleaned it in front of us.
We didn't have a single negative thing to say about our experience!! They made traveling with a little one very easy. It was well worth the money we paid to stay here!

Room Tip: There is a "menu" of items that you can borrow, especially helpful when you are traveling...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a place to get away for a weekend near by. We choose Columbus the morning of our departure, and by mid-afternoon we were trying narrow down our hotel choices. This Hyatt was a good $30/night cheaper! Very nice! Clean Modern Room. Great location. King size bed with separate spacious sitting area. 2 sinks, no complaints. Many hotel options around Columbus, but this was a true steal.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank 123GoBUCKEYES
Williamstown
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Pros--Easy access to Dublin/Columbus businesses, nice fitness room, very quiet rooms, comfy beds and linens, speedy internet, breakfast good but got a little predictable after a while, plenty of close parking, safe location

Cons--odd smell in the facility; did they just repaint?

I enjoyed my stay very much; staff extremely pleasant and helpful. Rooms were clean, quiet, well-appointed. My coffee stash was refreshed daily and while my linens weren't changed each day, they didn't need to be (go green!). My only complaint was the smell in the building. I never mentioned it but it was quite strong initially and either I got used to it or it began to diminish after a while.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business