“Nice,but room for improvement!”

Hyatt Place Columbus Dublin
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Columbus
“Nice,but room for improvement!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The rooms were very nice and clean the only complaint in the room was the pull out couch. The mattress on the pull out is a pice of crap. All u feel is the springs and bar at the bottom. It was so bad we ended up buying a air mattress. The breakfast was nice but not anough food. There was no waffle maker which you expect at a hotel. They serve the same thing every day so if you plan to stay awhile you might get sick of the same food. The service and staff members are very professional and kind.
Overall hyatt place is very nice and clean but there is room for improvement.
We will be planing to stay again!!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Toledo, OH.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place in Columbus/Dublin during my son's time at the State Baseball Tournament. The facility was immaculate and the staff was awesome! Our rooms cleanliness was to the highest of standards (even held up to the white glove dust check!) The room size was fantastic as well. The staff was incredibly helpful and very pleasant at all times. I also used their business center and found it to be perfect! I was super impressed and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area. You will not be disappointed... and the price is very reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Close to the mall, restaurants and businesses. Easy to get to off the highway. A small outdoor pool to enjoy. Rooms were large and clean and you get breakfast. My only knock is that the shower/toilet area is a bit cramped as was the closet but they were minor annoyances. Yes there are other hotels close by to chose from (including a large Marriott I have also stayed at) but If you are staying in the Dublin/Columbus area I would put this on your list.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was at this hotel on the weekend of June 13th and as a platinum Hyatt member I know this location's experience could be a little better. In their defense this particular weekend was swarmed with teenage traveling baseball teams in town for a tournament. The boys were loud and running up and down the halls of the hotel all weekend long. The room was adequate not as nice as other Hyatt locations but clean. The closets are quite small and there aren't any drawers for clothing so if you plan on a long stay this might not be the location for you. It is however, located conveniently across from the Tuttle Crossing Mall and there are several nice restaurants right off of I-270. Parking is good and the breakfast bar in the morning is well stocked. My largest compliant beside the noise of the baseball teams was the last day. Check is at NOON. My door was knocked on THREE times to ask if I was still in the room by 3 different staff members. Are you kidding me? That is just disruptive especially on a Sunday morning when you are trying to relax before hitting the road. Please work on this. I would give this place try again in hopes I have a better experience. Beyond that the staff at the front desk were great and very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Flint, mi
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I can't think of anything about this place I don't like...ok... maybe a few very minor things, but otherwise, this place is close to perfect.

The HVAC system has those energy saving motion detectors so that you can't get your room nice and chilly on a hot day while you are out.

Everything else is excellent.

The bed is wonderfully comfortable
The employees are professional and friendly
The free breakfast has lots of good, healthy items
The free coffee is high quality
The free parking is very close to the access doors
The elevator is quiet and doesn't shake or go CLUNK!
The location has easy access to the expressway and many MANY close by restaurants and shopping areas
The historic town of Dublin is a five minute drive away (be sure to visit)
I love the room layout... HUGE TV, viewable from the bed and Couch area (single King room)
Refrigerator included in the room
Free Wall Street Journal in the lobby
Beautiful lobby area with multiple seating arrangements
Nice outdoor pool

Even the guests were polite and quiet during my stay (a rarity nowadays)

Room Tip: Room 524 has a nice view over the pool. You can also see the expressway to know if the traffic is g...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flintjarvis
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Clean, comfortable rooms and beds, ample free breakfast, stylish common areas--these are things I expect with the Hyatt Place name. What sets this apart is the easy, natural way the staff makes guests feel welcome. I definitely got the impression they appreciated my business, but I never felt it was rote or fake.

Room Tip: Even though my room faced the interstate highway it was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ryankuro
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Place again and this time we didn't have a car. We were so impressed with the service. They took us to Walmart at 9pm to get needed medicine (I'm pregnant and my husband became ill a few hours before we arrived). They were so kind and we could get everything we needed - snacks, toothepaste. The rooms are always so comfortable. The breakfast buffet in the morning is always an added bonus too. Also, such a great location - we were actually able to walk to a lot of restaurants/ the mall etc when we didn't want to use the shuttle.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple