“I wanted to love it but....”

Hyatt Place Columbus Dublin
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Dublin
Virginia
“I wanted to love it but....”
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I guess I am a bigger fan of the two and 1/2 star choices that serve a better breakfast. We arrived late on our way home from Indiana. Check in was easy and we stayed on the third floor. While everything seemed clean the hallway on the way to our room smelled like there was a swimming pool nearby. There was no smell in the room however. The room layout was interesting and large in some places but the sink outside the bathroom was a little odd especially since there was carpet under it. My five year old sloshed water when he brushed his teeth and got water on the floor.

My husband loved the super huge TV at least 40 + inches and the workstation with desk was easy to sit at with our laptop.

As far as food was concerned I like hot breakfast options, and I really do not want to pay more for them. They had biscuits and gravy but that was it. Only fruit, cereal, yogurt and breads. There was also hot Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea but no hot chocolate packets. They had a mini Starbucks station that I am sure I could of bought some but I again did not want to pay more.

The price was good as we got it on Hotwire but I did not love it here - just liked it.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lundve

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 25 November 2010

What more can i say great people, great (CLEAN) room with plenty of space. Can't ask for anything more

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
United States
Reviewed 18 November 2010

My fiancé and I spent a weekend at this hotel. The hotel itself is really nice; the rooms were spacious and very clean. They offer a continental breakfast which we didn’t use however, the hotel clerk said that there was a big selection of cold items available and hot food was available for purchase. They also have a snack bar open where you can get muffins or salads. The hotel clerks were very nice and friendly; they greeted us every time we came in or out.

I liked the big screen TV and how it could tilt to watch it from the bed or the couch. (The couch is a pull out bed too.) The sink for the bathroom is separate from the shower and toilet which is kind of nice. However, that area was tiny! The door in the bathroom was really close to the toilet that’s how small it was. There is also a small refrigerator in the room which was a plus. The beds were comfy; however I didn’t like the pillows: they were too hard for me.

The location of the hotel was great!! We initially were worried if we would be close to a lot of things to do, however, we found out there were tons of shops, restaurants and movie theatres. We especially liked the mall at Tuttle crossing. Definitely a great priced hotel for the location and value.

There were only two negative things about our stay. The hotel parking lot was busy! The second night we stayed we left around 11:30 to grab some fast food and take it back to the hotel. When we got back there were no parking spaces left. Not one! My fiancé asked the front desk what we should do with the car and he was very nice and showed us an extra spot on the side of the hotel that was for managers. We moved it early the next morning when some spots had opened up. However, all weekend it seemed to be a bit of a fight for parking. We were lucky up until that time; we always seemed to get there when there was one or two spots left. The second issue was the same night. The fire alarm went off around 4:15am. We’ve been in hotels where this happened and the alarm is loud, however, this alarm was LOUD!! I mean hurt your ears loud. I had to keep my hands over my ears so they wouldn’t hurt while we were exiting the building. However, I guess I'd rather have my ears hurt than be stuck if there's a fire. Turns out a fan in the lobby was smoking and it set off the detector. The firefighters said it was okay and everyone went back to their rooms. However, while this was an annoyance this would not deter me from staying at this hotel again.

For the price, location and value I would recommend Hyatt place and would probably stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2010

We had originally planned on a cheaper hotel but after much thought and a couple phone calls we ended up here! We paid under 250 for 2 nights! We have a 2 yr old and the room was plenty big for her to run. They have a living room area with a pull out couch. There's a half wall between there and the bed. The bed was amazing! The bathroom is small but still very nice. Takes a minute for hot water to heat but we were on the sixith floor. Staff was awesome! They asked our daughter questions about her trip. Breakfast is cereal fruit toast bagels you have to pay for eggs but still delicious. They serve starbucks and liquer. Very clean! Love it! Only downfall...the elevators felt a little rickity. Forget other hotels this one is close to food shops and attractions! Well worth the price! You won't find a friendlier hotel.

• Stayed November 2010
Delphos, Ohio
Reviewed 27 August 2010

jThis hotel couldn't have been any better. My son was moving into CCAD on Thursday with orientation on Friday-didn't want to make the two hour trip back home-so decided to stay overnight. Pricelined it for $40.00-$53.98 total including taxes and fees. Stopped on the way into Columbus to see if possibly the room was ready and it was.Collin checked me and a brief tour. Room was large and exceptionally clean. Wished I would have brought my swimming suit as the pool was really warm.Didn't' bring it because temps were only suppose to be in the low 70's and wasn't sure if the pool was heated. did sit out by it and dangled my legs in it. When I was leaving the hotel around 6 Collin was coming in and he remembered my name and inquired if everything was ok, as it was. Nice TV, wireless internet was great. Hot water for shower. Did hear a bit of traffic noise from 270 but lulled me back to sleep( a Charley horse woke me up) Breakfast was good, apples, bananas, grapefruit and mixed fruit, 6 cold cereals and oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins. yogurt, bagels wheat and white bread for toast, jellies, honey cream cheese butter margarine, p-nut butter, mild coffee orange and tomato juices, I stayed here once before when it was in the process of being remodeled. would definitely stay again. Thank you Hyatt Place

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I booked this hotel as a brief pit stop on a long overnight drive. The hotel was clean, comfortable and had a lot of amenities including a big screen TV in our room. I wish there were more of these hotels near our vacation destinations. The only downside was we had to search the common areas for a clerk to check in as no one was stationed at the front desk. Overall, a great experience!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Ottawa, Ohio
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We arrived LATE and were greeted promptly and had a hassle free check in. Directions to our room was given, a brief overview of the amenities was also given and were asked if there was anything we needed to make our stay more pleasant.

The room was very clean, with tasteful decor and plenty of extras. The beds were comfy, the linens plush and even had feather pillows. We slept well and got up for the continental breakfast.... FRESH FRUIT, juice, coffee, tea, cereal, yogurt, assorted bagels, toast. Very nice.

We will not stay anywhere else when we go to Columbus. Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family