“AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!!! DONT EXPECT DECENT SERVICE!!!!”

Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Ohio
“AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!!! DONT EXPECT DECENT SERVICE!!!!”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I am part of a church group that has been staying at this hotel for the last 6 years so when I was put in charge of booking the rooms for our group I called and was given to Kimberley [--] in sales. I was very specific about what kind of rooms we needed. They made me sign a 3 page contract detailing all the rooms and specifics. We travel frequently and so I called constantly to double and triple check that everything was correct and ready for us since we had 11 rooms. When we arrived they informed me that not all our rooms were "available"! They had GIVEN OUR ROOMS AWAY! It took us almost 2 hours to check into the WRONG ROOMS! The lady at the front desk, Diamond, was awful and after informing me there was no manager even though it was labor day weekend and Kimberley was off for the weekend, she even TEXTED while we were trying to check in! WORST SERVICE EVER! They have not made a single attempt to fix any of this despite my patience and calls and emails and even had the audacity to tell me it was MY FAULT! This hotel no longer cares about its loyal customers! We will NOT be back!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tanya T
Chris S, Management Company at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, 13 October 2012
Tonya T,

Thank you for your providing us with feedback from your recent stay. Our #1 Goal is create a Great Hotel Experience that our Guests Love! While we do always try to accomodate special requests such as early check-ins, I do sincerely apologize that we were not able to accomodate that request in a timely manner. We attempted to contact you on September 10, but recieved no response. I will contact you offline to discuss further.

Area Director of Operations
Midas Hospitality, LLC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Illinois
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We picked this hotel for its close proximity to the Columbus Zoo and stayed 2 nights. Our suite was in great shape, clean and updated. The location is awesome, close to many restaurants, Tuttle Crossing Mall plus other shopping and, of course, the zoo. Easy to find just off I-270 but no freeway noise. The staff was friendly and helpful. They were renovating the courtyard area which already looked to be a nice, relaxing outdoor area. Free laundry if you're lucky enough to catch an empty washer and dryer. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again when in the Columbus area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Chris S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
MsCheap1,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us - Our #1 Priority is to have a Great Hotel that Guests Love! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Columbus!

Your in Hospitality,

Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

The hotel room is very nice. However, I could smell cigarette smoke regularly due to not all of the rooms being nonsmoking. The room was clean, but I pulled LOTS of long hairs out of the shower drain. Ewwww, so gross! While eating breakfast, a lady brought her dog into the room - walked right by the food with it too. This should be a health code violation. The hotel employee who was overseeing the breakfast was talking to her, so apparently this is quite all right with this hotel. I think it's disgusting having a dog in the food area. Construction is going on too, so it made it quite noisy at times.

• Stayed October 2012
Chris S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
GetMeOuttaThisTown,

Thank You for your feedback from your recent visit with us. I have communicated your feedback and observations from your trip to our appropriate Management Team Members. We are constantly striving to improve the stay experience and do sincerely appreciate your feedback!

Ohio
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My wife and I stayed one night at the Staybridge Suites on September 16, 2012. I had come to Columbus on a business trip and my wife decided to come along with me and do some shopping.

We arrived on a day when carpeting was being replaced in the lobby and common reception area on the first floor. Along with the new carpet smell, there was also a paint odor which didn’t make our first impression any better. That is a temporary conditionl.

Nevertheless, check-in was smooth and our room (200) was very quiet. In fact, Staybridge is located well off I-270 so you really can’t hear the traffic at all.

We also got a $2.00 pantry credit that we could use. However, when we saw the prices on the mostly food items and toiletries (about twice what you would pay at a drug store or Target, etc.), we passed.

The room was very clean and had two flat panel TVs/remotes—one in the king bedroom and the other in the living area. Both worked well. The heating/AC control was similar to what you find in homes and we could regulate the heat or A/C as needed. However, understanding the control was complicated since there was no instruction manual and it wasn’t a simple “Heat”/A/C choice and “raise/lower the temp” control.

Although we didn’t use the kitchen, I noticed that the exhaust fan vent over the stove needs a good cleaning. It was quite greasy to the touch.

The internet connection didn’t work although I used the directions that had been given me at check-in and I was able to get to the correct server.. Also, there was, still is, no door to separate our bedroom from the washing/washbowl area. That meant that when I got up in the morning to wash and shave, I had to turn on the light and make noise that kept my wife from sleeping soundly since she didn’t have to get up as early as I did. There was a door to the shower/bath which I could close for showers but that didn’t help with the light shining into the bedroom and the noise I made as I shaved.

The continental breakfast was quite substantial and I walked away quite filled up.

Overall, this was a good place to stay. The king bed was quite comfortable. However, this Staybridge has some things that need to be corrected/improved as noted above.

With all the competition for lodgers, Staybridge is right up there with the best (and deserves a high Trip Advisor rating) but I can’t say that I will stay here again until I see what the other hotels have to offer. For the price, it’s hard to beat and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

One tip: If you are a golfer and the weather is good, bring along your putter and some golf balls. There is a synthetic putting green near the parking lot. Somewhere along the way, I missed that little piece of information in Staybridge’s advertising.

Room Tip: 200 was very quiet. Bring your Robertshaw manual to help with the heat/AC controls
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank rcubed2
Chris S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
rcubed2,

Thank You for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are constantly striving to make your stay as productive and enjoyable as possible, to create an experience that you will love and to make you feel at home. We appreciate your input and that has been communicated to our team as well. We look forward to seeing in you in the future if you travels bring you back to Columbus.

Cumming, GA
Reviewed 7 September 2012

The hotel was very nice both inside and outside. We had a queen suite. we would have preferred a king but there were none available. The hotel is pet-friendly with a pet walking area conveniently located on the back side of the property. They even provided pet cleanup bags for responsible pet owners. Except for the small bed, I have absolutely no complaints. There is no breakfast on the weekends but that is not unusual and there are plenty of options in the area. The Polaris area has lots of shopping and dining choices and even an entertainment complex close by.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Chris S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
dpritch409,

Thank You for your feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your weekend with us, even though an upgrade was not available. I apologize that you did not get the opportunity to join us for breakfast - we do have a Full Hot Breakfast available everyday, although the hours are a little bit later on the weekends for the late risers (7:30am-10:30am)! Next time you are in the area, we hope you will come back to visit your family at the Staybridge Suites Columbus-Dublin. GO BUCKS!

Erlanger, Kentucky
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The hotel was amazing from the outside and just as good as the inside. they are doing some remodeling in the lobby which isn't a big deal, which made breakfast in the buckeye room...kinda small for a booked hotel.we got to check in early. the room was amazing i love the convert of a home in the room. bed was very comfortable with great clean smelling sheets. the couch was comfortable with a TV that moved back and forth.. flat screen. the breakfast wasn't really good at all the eggs were gross and watery. it is close to everything.. night clubs, campus, malls, dining. service was great and lady at the front was very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Chris S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Chelsea D,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our #1 Goal is to have a Great Hotel that our Guests Love. Thank you for the feedback on the Breakfast Eggs - I will look into that issue with our Breakfast Attendants. We do appreciate your feedback and hope that next time you are in the Dublin/Columbus area you come back to visit your Family at the Staybridge Suites Columbus-Dublin!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 24 August 2012

This location has just been remodeled. They are still working on part of the lobby, but the rooms are already done and it is amazing. We have a two bedroom, two bath suite and it is new and spacious. The staff is friendly and attentive. Breakfast is included. I would definitely recommend this Staybridge Suites.

Room Tip: No special area to recommend here. We are on the 3rd floor with a courtyard view. We are able to com...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Chris S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Carol,

Thank you for your great feedback! We can't wait to finish our Great Room and Courtyard Renovation here in the next few weeks - it will be a stunning upgrade for the hotel!

It was a pleasure chatting with you at Check-Out and I hope that next time your travels bring you back to Columbus that you come visit your Family here at the Staybridge Suites Columbus-Dublin! Safe Travels!