“Family attending wedding”

Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Nice property! Had a 2 bedroom suite, which worked really well traveling with two children. We were in town for a wedding in downtown Columbus, and opted to stay in the suburbs where we could come and go from the hotel easily. This hotel is ideally situated with lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. We took advantage of the hotel breakfast, which more than suited our needs. Had a couple of issues with "blown out pillows" losing their stuffing on the sofa and a cobweb or two, but overall a great stay! Our room was super quiet, had plenty of room for all of us, and was more than comfortable. We are sold on Staybridge for family trips!

Room Tip: We chose a room on the north side of the building, away from the entrance. It was VERY quiet, but t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Amy_Hull, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Mama B,

Thank you for rating your stay with us! So many people look to trip advisor when choosing a hotel, and we can't thank you enough for your honest feedback! You are right about the decorative couch pillows. They just have not held up well even though they are all new, but this past week we repaired and re-stuffed them all so they are top notch again. We are all very glad that you chose to stay with us while in Columbus, and we hope to see you again for your next trip!

Amy Hull

Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

The hotel and staff are amazing. As a travel agent, I look at all the small details to review the property. They are fantastic. The decor is beautiful and relaxing. Staff very helpful and friendly. Very comfortable property. I have suggested in Corporate surveys, it would be nice to have some gluten free options for the meal options.

Thanks again for our stay. My cousin and sister enjoyed our suite as well and we look forward to another retreat!

• Stayed: December 2012
Amy_Hull, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Beth,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful comments! As a travel agent you have many resources and choices when it comes to lodging, and we are so pleased that you chose to stay with us during your family retreat. I will look into your suggestion of adding gluten free items to the breakfast options. My staff and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Amy Hull

Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

Very clean, very nice, professional, great breakfast. Stayed 4 nights in a 2 bedroom, plenty of room and the breakfast save a lot of money. The only downfall was the maid left the door unlatched one day which posed a security concern.

• Stayed: July 2012
Amy_Hull, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us while in the Columbus area! We thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your stay. We are all so please that you enjoyed our hotel, and I personally want to thank you for letting us know about the door being left open. I have addressed this with my staff, and I can assure you that this was an isolated incident. Though this is a very nice and safe area, these days you cannot be careful enough with security. Even when we think we have very tight security we can always improve. We are using your experience as a training tool to enhance awareness of our staff. Thanks again for staying with us, and we can't wait for your next trip to Columbus!

Reviewed 29 November 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for some family time and we enjoyed our stay! The staff was fantastic and very responsive to any of our needs. They made us feel like this was a home away from home, which is what everyone wants when they go stay at any hotel! We will be coming back next time we are in this area of Ohio.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for rating our hotel! My entire staff works very hard to ensure we have created a Great Hotel that Guests Love. I have posted your comments up for the employees to see, and I know they will all be excited to see your review. Thank you for continuing to rate us #1 in Dublin, and more importantly #1 with you! We can't wait to see you again soon!!!

Reviewed 19 November 2012

I stay at a lot of hotels. I have reviewed many different ones here in TripAdvisor, and I've come to the conclusion that Staybridge Suites (part of the IHG family of hotels) is my favorite chain hotel brand...period! I recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Dublin, OH, and I have to say that this hotel exceeded my expecations and reaffirmed by belief in this. First, it starts with the fact that you just get A LOT for the money with Staybridge. First, most of their properties are new or recently updated, and they all have a very modern, hip vibe. This translates from the lobby to the hallways to the business center to the rooms. Everything is very well thought out and executed.
At this particular hotel the lobby is very nice and the service was top notch. But what is most important is the room, and this is where Staybridge excels. My room was very generous in size with a small kitchenette area with a real size fridge, a very nice work desk area, comfortable couch, and then good size bedroom and bathroom areas. My favorite part of every Staybridge is the beds. These are THE BEST hotel mattresses around. Bar none! And they get the pillows just right for a change! I don't normally sleep as good in hotels as I do at home, but at this Staybridge and others I have stayed at, I just sleep wonderfully. This hotel has very fast, free WiFi for business use, and plenty of power outlets for charging devices which is a pleasure. In the morning, I found the free breakfast to be above average for a typical hotel free "continental" breakfast, and everyone was warm and friendly. If I had one small gripe (and I don't think this is the hotels fault) but my room was facing the courtyard and there was a small party going on even after 11pm that was a tad noisy. I slept right through it, but more sensitive sleepers would have an issue. Maybe request a room facing the front of the hotel??

I would absolutely stay here again in the Dublin / Columbus, OH area and will continue to seek out Staybridge Suite hotels on my many business travels!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard could be nosier if there is a late-night party going on.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Amy H, Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback! I love being able to share comments like yours to my staff, and see the big smiles on their faces when they know they've been recognized for a job well done. We truly believe Staybridge is the best brand, and we wouldn't be here without guests like you! Is is our goal to create a Great Hotel that our Guests Love, and we are so happy to call you one of the family!

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Stayed here with my daughter and a few of her friends for her 11th bday. The suite is clean and has a full size kitchen. It didn't cost much more than a regular room at another hotel. The pool area was clean and well-stocked with towels. Everyone enjoyed themselves. They had an awesome breakfast the next day too. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I didn't realize that they had a 2 bedroom suite as well, so if you are needing more space, then...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Chris S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2012

hheac,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay - our #1 priority is to create an experience that our Guest LOVE! We are feeling the LOVE and we look forward to seeing you again for your next trip to Dublin!

Chris Shinkle

Reviewed 12 October 2012

I am part of a church group that has been staying at this hotel for the last 6 years so when I was put in charge of booking the rooms for our group I called and was given to Kimberley [--] in sales. I was very specific about what kind of rooms we needed. They made me sign a 3 page contract detailing all the rooms and specifics. We travel frequently and so I called constantly to double and triple check that everything was correct and ready for us since we had 11 rooms. When we arrived they informed me that not all our rooms were "available"! They had GIVEN OUR ROOMS AWAY! It took us almost 2 hours to check into the WRONG ROOMS! The lady at the front desk, Diamond, was awful and after informing me there was no manager even though it was labor day weekend and Kimberley was off for the weekend, she even TEXTED while we were trying to check in! WORST SERVICE EVER! They have not made a single attempt to fix any of this despite my patience and calls and emails and even had the audacity to tell me it was MY FAULT! This hotel no longer cares about its loyal customers! We will NOT be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Tanya T
Chris S, Management Company at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2012

Tonya T,

Thank you for your providing us with feedback from your recent stay. Our #1 Goal is create a Great Hotel Experience that our Guests Love! While we do always try to accomodate special requests such as early check-ins, I do sincerely apologize that we were not able to accomodate that request in a timely manner. We attempted to contact you on September 10, but recieved no response. I will contact you offline to discuss further.

Chris Shinkle