“very pleased!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Dublin
“very pleased!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night the Friday after thanksgiving to go to the Columbus zoo. Our room, which was a 1bdrm king, was very cozy, large, clean, and had EVERYTHING we needed. The decor is modern and the bed, pillows, and bedding was very comfortable. There were two adults and two children. A 6 year old boy and 12 year old girl. Because of the way their sofa couch is arranged, the children were able to have their own sleeping arrangements. My daughter slept on the full pullout and my son slept on the chaise connected to it. We needed extra blankets and the front desk was more than happy to accommodate.

The full kitchen was wonderful! Knowing we had a kitchen, we brought our leftovers from Thanksgiving and had a wonderful meal. There were plenty of plates, cups, and silverware. The room was stocked with nice extras such as tea bags, sugar, and even microwave popcorn. The tv channel selection was decent as well.

We swam in the pool and it was clean and there weren't many people there. The sauna was wonderful once it warmed up. Very relaxing after a long trip and busy day.

The best part of this stay was the breakfast buffet. The best of any hotel I've ever stayed at and it's included. There were scrambled eggs, omelets, hard boiled eggs, sausage, cereal, donuts, toast, bagels, cheeses, waffles, juices, milk, and coffee. The area where breakfast is eaten is warm and comfortable. There's a fireplace, multiple tv's, counter-height tables, regular tables, and a sofa. Right off from where breakfast is served is an internet/business area and even a reading nook with a small library.

Overall, our stay was great and we'll definitely stay here every single time we come to Columbus. I've never stayed with staybridge before, but will always look for this name in my travels to other destinations from now on.

Note to management: a lock on the French doors to the bedroom would've been great for some extra privacy from the kids ;)

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amy_Hull, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
yensidfan71 ,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of our property on TripAdvisor! I was so pleased to read that your suite was comfortable and accommodating for your entire family. It is our guest’s valuable feedback that is most important and, sincerely, I thank you for taking the time to complement our service and staff! We certainly look very forward to welcoming you back to visit us again in the near future.

Amy Hull

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed the weekend for a bicycle event that started in Dublin. Check in was friendly, quick and efficient. I had booked my room months ahead of time at a very good rate and despite the Ohio St/Wisconsin game putting rooms at a premium for that weekend, the rate was honored.

The room was spacious as you'd expect for a suites hotel with a kitchen that includes a stove, microwave, dishwasher and full-size refrigerator. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was functional, clean and large, although a little old on the decor side. AC/Heating was easy to use and set which was important for my visit because it was in the 40s at night and high 70s during the day.

Room had HDTV and a nice array of furniture in the small living room.

The complimentary breakfast was among the best I've ever experienced. The staff were attentive and helpful. The food was replenished before it ran out and there was a wide selection of hot and cold foods, breads and pastries and coffee and juice.

Overall a very nice stay and if I return to Columbus again I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We originally booked 5 nghts at another hotel but cancelled after reading the excellent reviews on trip advisor. I must say I am so glad we did! The staff were all wonderful, friendly and accomodating each and every day! We looked forward to returning to our hotel each night for the evening social gatherings. Jamie, along with the entire staff we met were always so friendly and made us feel at home. The room was very clean, beds were comfy and the kitchen made us feel like we were at home...The accomdations made it so easy to travel with our 2 yr old...The location was superb, next to restaurants, malls and gas stations...We couldn't be happier and now want to look for other Bridge Suites elesewhere too...
Thanks for a very pleasant stay...Oh and to the previous comments regarding the draperies; there was a panel behind the sheers you had to pull closed...A little hard to notice at first but we found them and that blocked out all light and gave us full privacy.

Thanks again, from the Florida fam

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Perrysburg, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

First time staying at a Staybridge Suites but definitely will not be my last. Headed to Columbus for work related trip with a group. From the moment Jamie checked us in we felt very welcomed. The rooms are spacious, clean, and made for a relaxing spot after a long day of training. The location is very convenient and easy to get to. Upon check out, Kaleb was wicked patient and extremely helpful in making sure we were all set with detailed invoices. If you are looking for a place for a family stay on a trip to Columbus, I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amy_Hull, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Rosanna V,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property on TripAdvisor! It makes me so happy to learn that our staff made your entire family feel at home and comfortable.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to visit us again!

Dearborn, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We came down to Columbus for the Halloween celebration at the Zoo. This was our first stay in a Staybridge property. The 2 bedroom suite was clean and spacious--it was a nice bonus to have 2 bathrooms. The staff we met were friendly and breakfast was adequate. The draperies, however, kept us from giving the room 5 stars. The sheers cover the entire window, but the draperies in both bedroom and livingroom windows were on side rails only--they are not designed to close. This made the rooms seem less private and let in a lot of light from the courtyard at night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
StephDow,

What a wonderful review, thank you! I am pleased to learn that you and your family enjoyed our two bedroom suites and that you were happy were your accommodations. I’m so sorry that the setup of the room caused you discomfort because of the blackout shades, I personally went up to check on this issue and noticed that blackout sheets are perched behind the other curtains and not easily seen. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope that you can return to the hotel in the future and enjoy one of our suites with full comfort!

Celaya, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was there last year, and this year too, and i only have great things to say, the people is awesome, The guest desk was incredible, specially andrea who is very kind, the best one in the hotel.

Great location, a lot of restaurants near Staybridge, big bathroom, a big fridge, the social hour is very good. It was no noise at all, the bed is incredible and the pillows I don't have words to describe.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
ABSA1988,

Thank you for the fantastic review! We truly appreciate the recognition of our team and our service and facilities. I am really happy to learn that our team members made you feel welcome and at home.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and we look very forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

At Your Service,

Ellicottville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I reserve a five-star review for experiences beyond compare. Too may reviewers give five stars when it's not warranted. A four-star from me is rare, too, because it means very, very good.. After comparing notes with friends who stayed at extended stay properties in the Dublin area for the same event, the Presidents Cup Golf Matches, I knew I had picked a winner. Cleanliness (my number one criterion) was great. Supplied iron and hair dryer worked well. The housekeeping was performed as advertised. The included breakfast appeared somewhat better than other hotels' rubber eggs and make-your-own waffles, but not good enough for me to want to eat. That definitely knocked off a star. The Tuesday through Thursday evening wine, beer, and light dinner social reception looked nice, but again not attractive enough for me to partake. There was a complementary laundry room, a necessity for someone who had been issued one uniform shirt for six days. The kitchenette was adequate in its simplicity; its only lack was an oven. The first night, the stove top elements did not heat properly at all. This was immediately repaired, but too late for the dinner I had tried to prepare the night before. This almost put the property down to three, but the rest of the stay was ideal. I'll definitely stay there again. I know the competition is no better. Warning: Do not attempt to eat at the nearby sports bar. Enough said. To the Staybridge staff's credit, they recommended another restaurant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Legneck,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor! All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we welcome both positive and constructive comments. . I was of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed. I have noted your comments regarding the breakfast & social foods issues. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

Your comments will be shared with our entire staff as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Staybridge Suites a leader in excellence.

At Your Service,