“The best value in town, great for a wedding party.”

Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Herndon, Virginia
“The best value in town, great for a wedding party.”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We looked at several area hotels and booked the Staybridge Suites for our wedding guests because it was so much nicer and offered so many more amenities for a lower price. We were really pleased with the suites since there were a few larger groups in our party. The rooms were spotless, well appointed and having the Buckeye room for our gatherings and a shuttle to the wedding venue were a huge plus. We hosted the rehearsal dinner there and the room was beautifully set up and much more elegant than what you would expect from a hotel conference type room. The staff were all very pleasant and really went above and beyond to help us and our guests. The hot breakfast was much nicer than other places with lots of selection, especially of healthy choices, and an attentive staff there as well. I would highly recommend this hotel for any stay but especially for a wedding party.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank G N
Amy_Hull, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
GN,

It is our guest’s valuable feedback that is most important and, sincerely, I thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to review our hotel. I truly appreciate recognition of our team and our service and facilities.

Amy Hull

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Disappointed. I've stayed at similarly priced hotels in the area that are much much better than this one. I do not plan on returning unless the other hotels are full. The pillows were very uncomfortable (more than one of us woke up with sore backs/necks). Multiple calls to the front desk were required to get rid of a large number of a people around the fire pit at 11pm. Since I wasn't the first to complain, how many phone calls does it take to fix the problem?
The bedrooms were on the small side and a bit dated. There really wasn't any space to put the suitcases that we wouldn't trip over them which was ok since there was a separate living area. The best part of the hotel was the lobby and breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bjgchi
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear bjgchi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise and pillow. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cazenovia, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here for a couple weeks in February for business. I had to stay in a hotel longer than I planned and chose the least expensive room type, but I couldn't have had a better experience at this Staybridge.

I checked in at midnight, but a nice and helpful host was there to greet me. I immediately noticed many industrial fans that were setup to dry parts of floor and wall from a pipe that had burst. That didn't look good, but after hearing about what had happened, it was clear the staff responded to a random and unavoidable problem very swiftly for guests, from an unprecedented winter. This issue didn't affect my visit and seemed to be cleaned up quickly.

After getting to the room, I was at first unable to connect to the internet. I called the number listed for technical support (apparently run by Time Warner Business Class), and I was immediately talking to a friendly rep who quickly resolved my issue (at 1am!).

The only other (non)issue I had was a stove piece that didn't seem to work. When I brought it up with the hotel hostess, she immediately apologized, put some points on my rewards card, and had it fixed by the engineer in the morning.

The shower, water, TV, internet, and kitchen (with pots, pans, and all silverware!) were very good. All the staff (including housekeeping) were very friendly and helpful. I only wish I didn't wake up with snow on the car. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Amy_Hull, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us! I have shared your comments with the staff so that they know how much of an impact that their hard work has on our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us!

At Your Service,

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We wanted to get out of town the snow was really starting to get to us! So a short trip brought us to your hotel and thought why not hit the Zoo & a few ice cream shops that were popular.

I liked the appearance of the hotel it was updated & had a nice warm fire place & maybe a TV in the hall down from check in- and a comfy couch that a teenager was chillin on- it's by the beautiful kitchen area.. Nice appearance.

The kids were excited about the pool!! So we went later that night! It was a smaller pool in a small room, it was crowded with screaming teenagers playing Marco Polo- I dodged their accidental hits, but my son still has floaties, so we were watching our kids really good! I was letting them have their fun- just a little crazy! But to be expected.

Our room was nice, a pull out couch bed for my son and a full or a queen bed was comfortable. I liked that it had a kitchen area & dishwasher I'm Overall very pleased at this hotel- great town!! Great things to do & yummy ice cream shops to try!!!
Breakfast was very well stocked
Make your own waffles, eggs, cereals and oatmeal-- fruits.... It made everyone happy
Thanks again-
The Rain Family

• Stayed March 2014
Amy_Hull, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Lisa R,

I was delighted to read your spectacular review and to know that we exceeded your expectations upon your stay. I am always appreciative when a guest truly takes the time to write such an extended review. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Staybridge Suites a leader in excellence.

Columbus, OH
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed at this place 3 nights in March 2013. While very accessible to I-270, it is sheltered from the sight, sound and fumes of the Interstate and offers a comfortable, quiet, relaxing place to stay if you need to spend some time in the Dublin, Ohio area. The facility is relatively new, the beds are comfortable and the windows can be opened to let in fresh air. The sleeping area is in its own room, separated by a door from the living room. The living room has a large sofa, a breakfast bar, an efficiency kitchen, a desk and a window that can be opened. The sleeping area and the living room each have their own TV. The quietest rooms are on the west and north sides of the building . The breakfast is a notch above most motel breakfasts. Due to the proximity to Honda of America and its suppliers, Japanese breakfast food was available as well as the usual breakfast foods. One feature of this motel was not to my liking: it allows pets to stay in any of the rooms. So, if you have pet allergies or do not trust the "deep cleaning" Staybridge says it does after each pet stay, you might want to look for lodgings in a facility that does not allow pets or limits pets to only certain rooms.

Room Tip: The quietest rooms are on the west and north sides of the building.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
BABASMOM,

It is our guest’s valuable feedback that is most important and, sincerely, I thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to review our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with your accommodations.

MI
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We spent two night at the Staybridge Suites this month. We were in the Columbus area to go to the zoo and Franklin Park Conservatory. We have a 2 double bed suite with kitchen. Having a kitchen was a real plus! We ate several meals in the suite instead of eating out. It was nice to have plenty of room to stretch out at night too. Overall, the hotel was nicely appointed and done in a contemporary style. The suite was comfortable and well cared for-- with the possible exception of the bathroom. It may have just been our room, but the bathroom was pretty tired and worn (mismatched patch on the ceiling, scuffed walls, not a well cleaned tub), in contrast to the rest of the suite.
We enjoyed the breakfast which included both hot and cold items as well as milk, juice, coffee and soda. The breakfast attendant was attentive and helpful. The breakfast area gets pretty congested so we took our food back to our suite and enjoyed eating at our leisure.
We also used the pool several times during our stay. While a rather small pool, it was clean and well maintained with towels available. The water temperature was on the cool side but that didn't stop my son from having fun. A couple of degrees warmer would have made it just perfect.
I would recommend this hotel for another stay based on location, overall cleanliness and pleasant staff.

Room Tip: The hotel is U-shaped. Rooms further down the halls tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Eclecticco,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to tell other potential guests how your experience was with us! I have noted your comments regarding the housekeeping and maintenance issues. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Staybridge Suites a leader in excellence.

At Your Service,

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed here for my brothers wedding, and we have children.
The breakfast was REALLY nice! I have a large family and have easily paid $50 for the breakfast we enjoyed!
We rented the two bedroom suite, and were very pleasantly surprised by everything. The bedrooms were more than large enough, the kitchenette was well stocked, including hand towels, dish soap, and more!
But the best part was the outdoor areas! This is not some afterthought thrown in a corner used to entice guests,- there was an enormous gas grill and a charcoal grill under a covered gazebo. More than fifty feet away, there is also a gorgeous fire pit with cushioned seating. We invited our family members over to have a small cook-out and they were absolutely amazed at the hotel. Staff was wonderful!! went out of their way to help us when family came over and were friendly throughout our stay My family all stayed somewhere else and regretted it...
You owe it to yourself to book the hotel. You wont regret it!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
John B,

I was delighted to read your spectacular review and to know that we exceeded your expectations upon your stay. I am very pleased to read that our staff treated you well and you were happy with your accommodations, as well as our facilities and services. Thank you for the wonderful feedback!