“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We were referred here by word of mouth and read the reviews with high expectations. Upon arrival we were seated promptly for a Friday night during dinner hours. Ambience is okay, with elements of tackiness i.e, a fake candle barely flickering on most tables. Our tables finish was actually sticky.
Appetizer: Hummus and Vegetable plate- Hummus was plain, watery, and bland. Pita was bland and tasteless as opposed to one that is crisp and rigid (substantive) for dipping. Vegetable plate with spicy hot sauce was good, except for the pale tasteless tomatoes.
Entree: We both ordered Aladdin's sampler platter with the garlic sauce as a dressing. Chicken was dry, beef kabobs were ok, but chewy and compressed meat flavored with cinnamon was actually juicy. Rice a bit bland. Salad ok, but garlic sauce was more like a dip.
Waitress: Very nice, cheerful, helpful, and attentive server was the bright spot in the entire dining experience. Leia we believe was her name
Price: 47.00 without beverages or alcohol, but with tip...you be the judge.
Bottom line: We would prefer The Happy Greek or Cafe Istanbul for Mediterranean fare.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Had an excellent meal here recently on a Friday night with my wife and 18-month old daughter. Hummus/pita was very good, as was the chicken shwarma and salad. Kids meal with grilled chicken and fruit was much healthier than most other places. Dessert case is amazing. Service was also good and management is friendly. Fresh juices available, too.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Service was quick, food was delicious. Give the almond salad dressing a try; sounds exotic but oh my, is it ever tasty! Put it on your sfiha pocket too...extra delicious. Maybe I need to go there for lunch today!!!

Reviewed 8 May 2012

I enjoyed my dinner at Aladdin's in Dublin. In fact, I prefer this location to the Clintonville one. It is quieter, and the service is more prompt. All of the entrees offer healthy options and come with a robust salad. I recommend the sfiha...it's like little flatbread pie, baked with ground beef and seasonings inside. I had it with the almond dressing, and I was in heaven. The almond dressing is good enough to found a religion on it, but it may be an odd flavor to some at first. But believe me, it grows on you. If you enjoy Middle-Eastern cuisine, I'm sure you'll have a great dinner at Aladdin's.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

We come here for dinner once a month. The len-chili soup is fantastic, the falafels are the best I've had to date. Everything is fresh, well spiced, portions are large, and the prices are great. Plenty of vegetarian options too. We have always had a wonderful experience and look forward to our next visit.