“Delicious and friendly”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

The food was very good and the staff were very helpful and friendly. It cost a little more then I expected but was worth it.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I'm vegan so sometimes going out to eat with other people is rough but this place has a little of everything and the staff is so amazing! They answered every single question I had. The server and manager came to our table to help us chose from the menu without having to ask. Finally somewhere my bf & I can both enjoy

Do yourself a favor and order the mujadara plate. :-)

1  Thank Sara O
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I'm not fond of food fads. The current gluten-free craze reminds me of the abandoned yeast-allergy craze of the '80s or the carb-loading of the '90s. So when I open a menu and the first two pages are a manifesto about how the restaurant is devoted to healthy eating and there's a code to indicate what's vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, or contains nuts, my radar starts to ping.

Happily, this idea turns out to be more customer-service oriented than polemic. This restaurant chain benefits from their dedication to preparation with fresh ingredients, with as much of the cooking as possible done in-house. The menu is extensive and should provide something for all tastes unless you absolutely hate all things Middle Eastern, and they offer a short selection of wines and beers along with non-alcoholic beverages, so you can make a feast of your visit.

We were travelling and happened upon this location while cruising the strip mall to find something nice. The dining area is small but was largely empty on this Monday night. My wife got the Aladdin's Lamb Roll, a good wrap with Moroccan-style lamb and traditional Lebanese veggies and yogurt sauce; she pronounced it very good and finished it promptly.

I had a Greek chicken salad, which shows how the management thinks when planning the cuisine; it starts with their Lebanese salad, a mix of cucumber, tomato, green onion, and adds baby spinach and Romaine lettuce, kalamata olives (pitted, thanks!), and sliced banana peppers. This is treated with the house dressing--an ordinary vinaigrette style--and then generously topped with feta cheese, marinated chicken breast, and four lovely pickled beet spears. Many of their dishes are built on some other of theiir offerings, as this one combined that Lebanese salad and their marinated chicken. On the one hand I enjoyed this salad enormously; the range of ingredients meant that each bite had a different tone, now a savory olive, now a pungent banana pepper, now some cucumber--never a dull moment! On the other hand I was disappointed in the chicken, which tasted dry and benefited not at all from however it was marinated. Worse, they were heavy-handed with the dressing and I wound up with a half-inch of salad bathing in it, which made the end of the bowl unpleasantly over-dressed; they should consider adding just a little and tossing the greens first, then building the salad and sprinkling on just a spritz more.

I was very happy with my mint tea; it was at a perfect temperature and was brewed nice and strong.

Service was friendly, and the background music--a mix of flamenco guitar and smooth jazz--set a nice tone.

We concluded that the experience was good, much better than we usually find when on the road. Not the best Mediterranean I've had, but a little attention to some details could put them over the top.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Aladdin's Natural Eatery is also at 646 Monroe Avenue, Rochester, NY. This is ACTUALLY where we ate. It was set up like an old Mediterranean style building...a fantastic set up. We ate upstairs by the banister, which overlooked 1/2 of the restaurant. It was beautiful. They all so had an outside eating area on the second floor which one could look upon and watch the streets below. The food was very reasonably priced, yet VERY good. I had the chicken salad and it was THE best I have EVER eaten anywhere! Our waitress was relaxed and did not rush us to order or to leave once we finished eating. It was a pleasant meal. It was rather loud. Being on the second floor, all the noise from down below just rose upward. But the view was worth the noise!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This place is great for those on an Advocare cleanse or just trying to eat clean. Lots of choices and the menu is clearly marked for veg, vegan, and Gluten Free

1  Thank Jmcdermott01