“Best Happy Hour specials!”

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #11 of 226 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$20 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2013

They have a great spread of Happy Hour specials including various appetizers and drink specials! Had no idea until a recent visit for a friend's birthday!

There are newer reviews for Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We have eaten at the various Hyde Parks in town for many years now and have patronized this location in past 15 years but haven't gone recently until last night as we like the atmosphere of the other locations more. There is still a reason why!!!

First impression on the outside here and entry may have one turning away before even coming in if they haven't been to a Hyde Park before. This facility really needs to "turn on the charm" with the exterior. Terribly strung and hanging off white lights on trees (many strands unlit) need to be shut off or redone. Mums and various other floral displays at entrance needed watering and refreshing (or removed). Not what you expect at a high end steakhouse. Upon entry into the facility we think the general manager attending the check-in stand. He, too, needs to "turn on the charm". He immediately asked in a very snooty way, "Do you have reservations?" One could see by the LACK of cars in the parking lot that reservations were not needed! Nor did they have a valet operating and several empty valet spots also framed the entrance of the facility which sends an obvious signal! Put out a sign stating there is no valet for the evening and allow folks (especially the elderly or handicapped) to use the spots! After we answered his question he immediately answered the phone and instead of saying, "Would you mind holding" he proceeded to carry on a lenghty telephone conversation while we just stood there in the lobby. If this had been our first visit we would have for sure turned around and walked out. There may be a reason why this location doesn't have a good crowd on a weekend night. If you get past the problems with the exterior and lobby you get to why we come back time and time again to Hyde Park restaurants. Great table service and excellent food saved the night. I'm only writing this review to send a wake up call to corporate where I hope someone checks the reviews.

2  Thank AJH
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

If you're seeking a nice place to have one of the finest steaks you've ever had them you may want to visit this place.
The service is great, portions fine, atmosphere elegant. I've been here a few times over the years and have never been disappointed. You won't be either.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I took a group of clients here for a special dinner. The service was perfect...water always filled, present, but not hovering staff...very good. The appetizers and salad were also good. I had the shrimp cocktail and the wedge salad. I'll be very picky here and say that the cocktail sauce could have used a little more horseradish and the pomogranite drizzle on the wedge wasn't necessary, but Im just being picky. The steaks were all perfect, BUT here is my big tip...skip the appetizers and salads and get all the sides. With my job, I eat in a lot of great restaurants..many with great steaks and you order the sides family style....so I know what I'm talking about here...the gruyere potato gratin, we all took bites and just sighed. The roasted brussel sprouts with hazelnut sauce was like T-giving (I am going to try to recreate it this year). The Lobster mac and cheese was fabulous...you know lick, the bowl great. The mushrooms...the creamed spinach...each one GREAT. We did get the HUGE red velvet cake and coffees...loved it!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We were out simply for a good steak, but in return we received some of the most delicious food and incredible service! The lump crab cake, lobster mac and cheese and molten lava cake were the highlights because the steaks are always amazing! Our server, Scott also made the experience even more enjoyable with his wit, charm and overall attention to all our wants and needs. It truly was a great dining experience from the moment we walked in the door until we walked out the door. Will definitely return to this location!