My wife and I stayed at the Woodland View and it was PERFECT. Marilyn was so helpful and that exceptional service makes a difference. Here are my top 5 reasons to stay here.
1. VERY close to Berlin and tucked nicely at the bottom of a hill. Very secluded which is a must
2. The Cottage - Absolutely gorgeous. Hardwood floors, very clean, everything is new. Jaccuzi tub, amazing decorations, Flat Screen TV and a gas fireplace
3. Clean - You just get this immediate feeling that this property is taken care of! From the linens to the fridge to the pots and pans it was perfect
4. Food - MMMMM Cinnamon Buns with Caramel, Fresh Coffee, Bread and OJ.
5. The Service - Owners are easy to work with and very professional.
Will definitely come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the country charm of Red Cottage Hideaway and feel your anxieties rustle away like dried leaves in the breeze. Escape the bustle and noise of everyday at Red Cottage Hideaway in the heart of Ohio's Amish Country. Completed and opened in July of 2009 and the newest in 2012, the red cottage getaway's peep out from the folds of the eastern hills of Holmes County, directly in the heart of the worlds largest Amish community. It is surrounded by stunning scenery amidst every season and is most breathtaking in the Fall. The cottages have wide open skies, at dusk it is a stargazer's paradise! Cottage 1 sleeps up to five and offers a romantic couples retreat or an evening away with friends. Cottage 2 is equipped with amenities designed to pamper 2 guests for the ultimate romantic evening away. Located on a quiet township road, guests are ensured solitude, though the lodging hosts, the Weaver's, live nearby. While the cottages are a lovely country oasis, this property is only 10-15 minutes from shopping and dining in Walnut Creek, Winesburg, or Berlin. Hear the sound of neighboring buggies clip clap down the road and be reminded of the simpler life where there simply is no hurry. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Red Cottage Hideaway Dundee, Ohio