“Great for the money!”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Elyria
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I think this Red Roof is a good value. Our room was clean and comfortable. It's true some of the furnishings are a little worn (carpet was thread bare in a couple places and bath tub was chipped), but that would not keep us from staying again. The pillows were very thick and very hard. Next time I'm bringing my own. The breakfast area was very pleasant, and the selection was good. Staff were friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
RRIGMElyriaOH, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Thank you for that lovely review of our Inn. Here at the Red Roof Inn & Suites- Elyria we strive to make all of our guest comfortable and pleased that you stayed here. I want you to know that we value your business and we hope that when you are in our area again you'd stop and see us again.

GM, RRI Cleveland-Elyria

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I travelled cross country and of all the six hotels I booked with different chains, this one was the best hands down. It was a fast road trip so I wasn't looking to spend a lot of money, just a decent place to crash, sleep, bath and get on the road the next day. The staff was helpful, the parking lot well lit and a convenient location off the interstate as well as being pet friendly. I don't go out of my way to say good things about chains, but this location deserves kudos.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
RRIGMElyriaOH, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for the wonderful response that you've posted. We do try to make all of our guest feel the very same way. I hope that if you're ever in our area again you'd stop and stay with us again.

GM, RRI-Cleveland- Elyria

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Of the 4 Red Roof Inn's we stayed at on our vacation to Maine, this one was the only one with a breakfast, which was great. The desk attendant who was on duty when we arrived was sweet and made over our dog, she was so welcoming we could never have foreseen the rest of our visit.
The big problem we had was noise. There was some sort of reception/party going on and it kept us up all night. We called the desk several times but nothing was done. This Inn has a pool and the desk attendant should have moved the party to that area to protect the other guests, but "he" would not do it. Made for a miserable stay in what otherwise would have/should have been great. We'll skip one the next time we are in Cleveland.

Room Tip: We slept on the 1st floor, so to hopefully prevent the problem we had, ask for a room where no party...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
RRIGMElyriaOH, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

I would like to apologize for the bad customer service that you'd experienced while visiting our hotel. I hope this experience does not hinder you from returning and giving us another try. I have set in place a NO party policy, we had one in the past for the hospitality room but I'm taking it a step futher. I want you to know that you and our other guest are important to our business and we do value your choice to stay with us. Again I apologize for you bad experience and thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn & Suites, Elyria.

GM Red Roof Inn& Suites, Elyria

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Front desk staff were rude. The desk person was on the phone and didn't acknowledge presence when we arrived. Then didn't even address us - instead telling someone else that check-in wasn't until 3 - not speaking directly to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
RRIGMElyriaOH, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

I certainly do apologize for the rude behavior that was displayed by my front desk clerk. That is not acceptable behavior by anyone. Here at the Red Roof Inn-Elyria it is practice that we handle all guest with nothing but the respect that we would want if we were the guest ourselves. I hope that the rudeness of this clerk does not hinder you from returning to our Inn. Because we do appreciate your business.

Rhonda L. Otero, GM
Red Roof Inn & Suites- Elyria

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed here for in the middle of a road trip. The room was clean and we had no issues. It is exactly what I had expected. I thought the breakfast and the dining area for breakfast were fantastic for the price we payed for the hotel. Nice short ride into Cleveland from there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
RRIGMElyriaOH, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thank you for the GREAT review on our Inn. We certainly appreciate your stay here,
and I hope that it will not be your last whenever your plans has you stopping in the area.

GM, Red Roof Inn & Suites- Elyria

Reviewed 13 August 2013

So we stayed there one night on a whirlwind trip. The room was clean but definitely was an older hotel with age. The bathroom had some water damage on the wall. The bathroom was very small and the beds were supposed to be doubles, but I think they were something between a twin and a double. Definitely not big enough for two people to sleep comfortably in. The breakfast the next morning was good, but they ran out of a lot of food. The area made me a little nervous, it seemed to be a crime area, but we didn't have any problems. The hotel had their doors locked when we got there at night and had to buzz us in. A local restaurant had a sign up saying that firearms were not allowed!?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
RRIGMElyriaOH, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for your comments/ review on our Inn. We certainly appreciate your business and I hope that you would come and stay with us again if you're ever in our area again. Again thank you for staying with and I hope you're having a Wonderful day.

Red Roof Inn & Suites, Elyria

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Staff at Elyria is excellent - courteous, helpful, don't make you feel like your request is an effort for them. Rooms are clean. Provide free poops bags at doors for pet owners. Complementary coffee pot is clean, although brand name coffee condiments would be better. Towels were small and scratchy...how can 86% cotton be that scratchy? Typical hotel toilet paper, scratchy. Needs brighter lighting and lighting over dresser/mirror/coffee area - hard to work in your shadow. Would help if bathroom door opened out, would offer more room inside. Need bathroom fans in these rooms. Unfortunately, sheets were threadbare, punched holes in them pulling them up. Complementary breakfast now offers make your own Belgian waffles...excellent waffles. Also offers fresh (frozen) fruit salad. Same again, brand name condiments would be better. Overall, would stay here again.

Room Tip: Front sides at corners are quietest. Ground floor rooms have easier access in and out. Higher floo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank You so much for that lovely review. At Red Roof Inn & Suites Elyria we continuously strive to provide Great service to all of our guest. We thank you for choosing to stay with us and the next time your travel plans require lodging that you'd stay with us again.

Red Roof Inn &Suites, Elyria

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elyria
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#3 of 11 in Elyria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elyria
Hampton Inn & Suites Elyria
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland/Sheffield
Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Westlake
Cambria Hotel & Suites Avon - Cleveland

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria? Share your experiences!