“for the price it was ok!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carefree Inn

Carefree Inn
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Elyria
Santa Ana, California, United States
“for the price it was ok!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

the room was ok now i had a smoking room and i can see why more place are going with no smoking. burn marks on every thing . but the beds were comfortable the bath tub was a little on the small side but the free internet was a joke. when it did work i could get on but then it would kick me off again. but all in all it was still a nice place to stay at

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Franklin, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

if your looking for an inexpensive place to stay 'this is it'. The people here are very nice, the rooms are clean ,plenty of hot water.I was in town picking up my son who was returning from Afganstan, had some time to kill so within two miles went to a movie, red lobster for dinner, everything you need is right there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Elyria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

The motel is older vintage but neat and clean. The room with a comfortable king size bed had standard furniture including a table, two chairs, dresser, luggage rack and a small wall clothes rail with hangers. A small refrigerator, microwave and sink were against a back wall along with a small safe on the floor. The television was an older 25" CRT type. Wall and a floor lamps gave off good lighting. The bath room had a single sink, round front toilet and bath tub with curved shower curtain rod. Hot water was plentiful. Heating and cooling used a wall unit under the entrance wall window. The included breakfast was adequate with do it yourself cooked waffles, two kinds of cold cereal, bread for toast, muffins, fruit, preserves, juice and coffee. The dining area was in a separate room off the lobby and had small tables with chairs and was comfortable. At check in and out the staff was very amiable. Overall this was a good place for an inexpensive, short term stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Montreal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed here during my summer vacation trip (July 23-26) while traveling around Lake Erie. There was another guy standing next to the front desk when we entered, and although I later found out that he also worked here, he didn't bother letting us to it. The lady who assisted us when we checked in was so-so. She smiled but kind of mechanically. She quickly gave me the card keys and clearly had trouble understanding me when I asked for the Wi-Fi password.
The room was very small, the beds too. The toilet in the bathroom was old. The shower cap was moving to and from, which made it uneasy to take one. There was no coffee maker in room (although the reservation clearly said that there was one). The TV had only 20 something channels and was hard to swivel, not to mention it was also old and took time to turn on. There was no fan.
The room also had a small safe near the vanity sink, which, when we arrived there, was locked. After unsuccessfully trying to unlock it according to the instruction, I went to front desk and asked for assistance. That same lady started explaining to me why it frequently occurs, and I had to repeat my question to her. She then gave me two different codes, none of which worked. I returned to see her, and she was gone, only to see the guy who was there when we checked in tell me to wait until tomorrow because the machine to unlock it was with another staff. I gained access to the safe only the next day.
The breakfast was short of complete (they often lacked coffee and had to make it when we came in at around 9:30), but I occasionally felt some unease, up to upset stomach, probably due to their outdated cream. You practically had to smell the cup when you open it, before you serve yourself. The absence of coffee makers in the room was answered to me differently by two different workers, one of whom said that some were stolen or in repairs, while another one offered to me their regular coffee they brew at the cafeteria. I replied to the latter that their own coffee was only good until noon, after which it got cold.
In all, it is only the fair place to stay for one night. I base it on the fact that there probably isn't much to do in Elyria, but even then, constantly hearing the revving sound of power transformers located next door isn't very comforting. Plus they often give you only the first building out of five, and many youths stop there with their beer and music, and seem to party until 2 A.M. If I ever travel to Elyria again, this place would definitely not be one of my choice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Elyria hotels

Port Stanley, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

great location, clean rooms, very affordable.
Air conditioning was really loud in our room, but other than that - bare bones place to stay.
i would come back - great value for a cheap nights stay.
TV is very basic - no cartoon channel for the kids

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Vallejo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Needed a place to stay at the last minute for my college reunion. This was the only place left. At first dreaded the idea of the Econo Lodge but here's what made it work for me: Friendly staff, clean room and bathroom, HBO, nice and quiet for easy sleeping. 30' very easy drive from Cleveland/Hopkins Airport. I felt safe there.

Here's what I didn't like: On the website the phone number for the hotel is the same as the fax number. I called it late at night - no answer. I called early the next morning - no answer. When I called the 800-number for Econo Lodge reservations to complain, they said it must be some sort of mistake and that there was nothing they could do about it. I was trying to find out if they had an in-room safe so I could store my laptop. Also wanted to know if there was a hair dryer in the room. The Reservations people said there was no in-room safe and didn't know if there was a hair dryer.

When I called the hotel again (directly) during normal business hours (I don't give up easily) a friendly staff person DID answer the phone. She said the fax number and the hotel phone number are deliberately the same. She also claimed that their front desk is staffed 24/7 and could not understand why no one answered my calls. My hunch is that someone was sleeping on the job or not paying attention.

By the way, there WAS an in-room safe. They were all out of hairdryers b/c the guests had stolen them. Now, at higher end motels/hotels if people walk off with hair dryers, the corporate office usually permits the hotel to buy replacement hair dryers. Oh well.

Also, the TV was a little funky. It was a huge, pre-flat screen set and the volume would be super loud on one channel and normal on others.

In sum, if you have no other options, this Econo Lodge in Elyria,OH was adequte and it worked out just fine for me.

Room Tip: All rooms have their own parking space right in front of the door. That was convenient.