“It's So-So, but it Served its Purpose”
Review of Super 8 Elyria

Super 8 Elyria
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Elyria
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I liked it's easy-to-find location close to I-90 & Ohio State Hwy. 2, my quiet and pretty nice room, and the acceptable price ($66.93, after tax). The free breakfast was pretty good, too. I didn't not like the somewhat shabby appearance (not too bad, though), so this motel could stand a good renovation. Overall, for a one-night stay, it was fine, and I'd probably stay there, again, if I was in the area and the price was right. RJT

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 June 2014

It was so - so ... we felt if the dining area was cleaner ... also I think there should be a refrigerator and microwave in every room ... I had to go to the dining room to heat up our dinner (which was still dirty from earlier) ... I waited till the next morning to see if the dining room had been cleaned but had not ... we also had spoke to the property prior to arrival and told them we were attending the cleveland indians game and was looking for something closer but we were not told there was other Super 8 properties closer till we checked out ... also the directions we given to get to the stadium were completely wrong (about 25 miles off)
Also there was a guest at 930a walking around with a can of beer kinda freeked me out especially after he had mentioned he has been away for the last 17 years

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This was a last resort as the other rooms in the area were full and we were exhausted. Sadly, the lobby and room both had a bad smell- maybe they just need new carpet. The people at the desk were friendly and the bed was clean and comfortable. The shower water temp changed drastically with any other use of water- not good. Too expensive for the quality but an OK last resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Waited at the desk twenty minutes to even check in. The first room I was given had a broken heater and was so cold I could see my breath. Had to wait for them to clean other room. Second room was clean but smelled a little musty. Also, for 69 dollars a night you would think a person would have access to a vending machine
at 10pm? Well, no.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 19 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Clean rooms. Friendly, and helpful staff. Would have liked a little refrigerator, and more channels on the TV. Otherwise my stay was pleasant and the bed was comfortable. I did not eat the breakfast because I do not eat processed food. That is where the refrigerator would have come in handy. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business