Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Elyria, OH
Knights Inn(Elyria)
Great 4.5/5
Motel 9(Elyria)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswafflespool and hot tubone bedroom suitehot eggscheck in was quick and easyjob doneroom was cleanliving areavery nice staybob evansoberlin collegedriving for hourswould stay here againbetter than averagethird flooroff the highwaynice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Hotel is in good condition with ample parking and decent breakfast. The problem I have is their 1-800 customer service. I called to see if I could change a reservation since it was already paid for and the rep was able to change but did not tell me the rates changed nor did he send me a new confirmation email. I called the hotel directly and they could not do much so I called the 1-800 number back to figure out why my reservation was not showing what was paid. Lynn was rude and told me that if I paid the hotel would have to deal with that. I asked for a supervisor and was given Justin who was not a supervisor but a specialist and told me he did not have a supervisor and I would have to call the hotel directly and then I called him out on his lie and he said his supervisor left at 5pm and then he got nasty with me. This will be the last time I stay at any hotel by Carlson!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
CISElyria, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Elyria, OH, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Our staff at the Country Inn & Suites Elyria, Ohio thrive on providing all our guests a consistently warm, clean and welcoming environment with every stay. Exceptional service is a must and is expected to be demonstrated from our employees at all times. Being kind, caring and compassionate is just a few of the attributes we require in an employee, and is thought to come as a natural state when assisting guests. I wish to extend our apologies for any inconvenience experienced from the poor judgment of the call center's staff. I have forwarded your concerns to our corporate office in efforts to avoid similar situations being repeated.

Regards,

MIchele

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We've stayed here numerous times because of it's location off of the Ohio Turnpike. It's always clean, and the staff pleasant. They have a free breakfast, although this time the food wasn't that great.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
CISElyria, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Elyria, OH, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and would like to express our appreciation for your return business.
We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the “Be Our Guest” Breakfast. Our goal is to ensure fresh food is provided and that each item is available for all of our guests. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

These two weary travelers were very pleased with our stay at the Country Inn and Suites in Elyria, while en route to Pennsylvania. We have stayed at a minimum of five different Country Inn and Suites in various locations and have not yet been disappointed.We love that there is a refrigerator and microwave in the room and the brand has been reliably clean with great service and a hot breakfast. I find that by calling the hotel and asking for the best rate often gets me a better deal than discount websites.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
CISElyria, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Elyria, OH, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay. We value your loyalty and appreciate your business with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites Elyria, Ohio we look forward to assisting you on your future travels.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 September 2013

This is an old property with tired looking room furniture; however the beds (queen) were very comfortable and the bathroom was up to date. Everything was clean and everything worked. Good internet. The breakfast which is complimentary was mediocre at best and here I am being very generous. Most of the motels in the area are 1/2 to 2/3 of the price of the Country Inn and I have not stayed at any of them. I felt this place was too expensive.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the “Be Our Guest” Breakfast. Our goal is to ensure fresh food is provided and that each item is available for all of our guests. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. We look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is a great hotel to stay in while in the Elyria/Avon Lake area of Ohio. The hotel is located by the Midway Mall, and eateries like Dennys and Bob Evans. A 10 minute drive down the highway gets you to the shopping district of Avon Lake. The hotel itself is very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is provided each morning for free with hot items such as eggs, hash browns, bacon, waffles and an array of cold items such as cereals, fruit, muffins, etc. When you get to your room to enter the living area (king suite) with fridge, micro wave, sofa bed, chair and desk. The bedroom is separated by a door which keeps in noise in the hallways away from the sleeping area. We were very happy with our stay at this hotel and I'm sure you will be as well.

Room Tip: Choose a king suite which provide the most room for the dollar (i.e. livingroon and bedroom). We paid $107.00 per night for the king suite.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the comforts of our King Suite and the variety of our Be Our Guest Breakfast. We look forward to your next stay.

All the best,