“Great breakfast!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
North Ridgeville, Ohio
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I come here a lot for a hearty omelet on the weekends. They do not skimp on the food! I get a huge omelet and lots of breakfast potatoes and toast. I never leave hungry - I usually cannot finish! I have tried their Philly Steak sandwich also which was huge too! Never disappointed here + wait staff is always very friendly.

• Visited October 2013

Ohio
“Portions shrunk. Prices increased.”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I had gone to the Leona St. location for many years for my favorite Beef and Latkes. Even though it was out of the way, I thought I would try the newer location at Chestnut Commons. The menu was inviting, but I had one thing in mind - the Beef and Latkes. I was disappointed that the price had really gone up on them but even more surprised when what used to cover my entire plate was brought to my table and it comprised of about the size of a hamburger. The potato part was 'herb-y' and not the consistency of a homemade potato pancake. The corned beef - for a "Deli" - did not seem fresh at all. I was disappointed. My daughter ordered a bowl of matzo ball soup with her entree which was pretty good. For a week-end evening, there were very few diners there and even though there was some time until closing, the waitress seemed distracted and hurried. In all I was disappointed. The lack of ambiance was evident and the booth walls could use a good scrubbing. I will likely go back to the other location but not this one. I appreciated that I was able to get a $5 coupon for $2 to help offset the cost of the meal.

• Visited October 2013
Geneva NY
“Looks can be deceiving!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the desk clerk at our hotel and when we pulled up we were a little worried that it was in a strip mall next to the Dollar General! But we were hungry and did not feel like driving around looking for somewhere else. Good thing we didn't pass up this gem!

The menu was quite diverse for such a small establishment and the prices were very reasonable considering the large portions. Our waitress was very friendly and served us quickly. Considering most of the other places around were chain restaurants we felt that we got a much better meal and patronized a local business at the same time.

Visited October 2013
Connecticut
“Bare bones and mediocre food”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The desk clerk at the Country Inn & Suites nearby recommended this restaurant, saying "the food is excellent. We eat there all the time." We heard him tell the same thing to the next guests who checked in. Upon entering for dinner we were seated at a bare bones wooden booth, where we ordered a glass of wine. My husband asked for some water. After the second request it appeared. A glass for him -- none for me. He ordered the liver after being told by the waitress that their customers loved it. It was inedible, with an odd off-taste. My talapia had no flavor, and the mashed potatoes I ordered with it were covered with a cream gravy that I neither expected nor liked. No bread or butter was served. I find it odd that the AAA Tour book lists this restaurant and NO other in the whole town of Elyria. I would certainly find another place, and beware of recommendations by desk clerks.

• Visited August 2013
Hamilton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Secret Hot Spot”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Excellent food, very generous, good price. Pretty good atmosphere. Clean. Shouldn't serve appetizer with entre, too much food all at once. Would definitely eat here again.

Visited August 2013