“It fell short”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Elyria
Chicago, NW burbs
“It fell short”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

It's not a bad hotel, or a bad location, but it just isn't quite there, and it would take so very little to make it so.
Hotel is setup in 3 wings, with one being non-smoking. Not a bad thing, if all the fire doors to each wing wasn't propped open - fire hazard sure, but it allowed the smokey smell to extend throughout. And the front door was also a smoking section - not exactly the most appealing way to enter an establishment.
Maintenance is a joke. Couldn't shut-off the tub, so a light steady stream all night. Take a look at the photo - the towel bar was barely attached. The chandelier in the lobby had a mix of light bulbs - pretty shotty looking and so very inexpensive to fix.
By themselves, none of these are really big problems, but add them all together, and it's pretty easy to justify the 2-star rating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Espee03, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 12 August 2014

Quality Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Castleton On Hudson, New York
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had no reservation for a night of a cross country trip. Front desk was prompt, friendly, and when hearing about our journey, signed us up for Choice hotels program so we would be encouraged to use other Choice properties to get our free nights. Fresh popped popcorn in the evening.
Older property for sure, but nothing dirty or unsafe. Fridge and microwave in room. Good basic room for the price. My only complaint-tiny pillows

• Stayed June 2014
We very much appreciate and value your feedback. Welcome to the CHOICEprivileges family!!

Needmore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Pros: Last minute reservation, free breakfast, clean, ample parking, close to Turnpike

Cons: Was not able to use AAA discount due to staff confusion, smelled of cigarettes even though room was non-smoking

Staff did not ask for AAA card upon check-in. When I attempted to use it on check-out, I was told it was too late and that I would not receive the discount. Maybe it was my fault?

I know it was a busy weekend for them, but I was disappointed. This is the 2nd subpar Quality Inn I've stayed in within the last year, and I won't be back.

Room Tip: My non-smoking room smelled of smoke.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Espee03, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Carrie thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We apologize for the misunderstanding as the Front Desk Agent was under the impression that once the charge was posted he was unable to change it. We have let the staff know that this is not so and have gona ahead and adjusted your rate for your stay with a credit to your card. (email sent for price adjustment etc). Again we aoplize and thank you for choosing the Quality Inn.

Travellers are raving about these Elyria hotels

Wash.DC
Reviewed 28 May 2014

For the money, and class of motels that this is....and if you are desperate to make a computer conference deadline on a rainy day, you get off the highway and you are there. The outside is deceptive, looks clean and updated. The inside is dank, unpleasantly smelly. No elevator to second floor so we quickly carried our luggage up. Smell was worse by the landing. Dark corridor led us to a corner room. Quite large, awful looking and hot. Luckily the unit at base of window worked. Very rusty so I was glad my tetanus shot was up to date. My husband was able to connect quickly to the free Internet...which is free. The brown, corrugated wood-panelling doors all over the hotel made everything depressing. Toilet worked when we took top off and kept it off, operating it from the inside. Room had sink outside bathroom next to a refrigerator and a microwave. Given the vehicles parked outside i think this motel caters more for blue collar workers (nothing wrong with that) but that explained a lot of the smoke smell. Breakfast: we looked, we left, but I noticed boiled eggs, patties and two link sausages. Motel provides good shelter below basics, however.

Room Tip: On second floor, hallway to the left. All rooms look alike, but less smelly
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I had reserved a free night through Choice Privileges rewards system using Choicehotels.com, a suite with a whirlpool. I call ahead to confirm the night before that we have the whirlpool suite, and they said I only am being given a regular room, and that there are no whirlpool suites available that night (despite my email receipt states that I have this room!!!). Canceled my room and will never stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Espee03, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 1 April 2014

Property CHI
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My wife and I stopped here for an overnight stay. The hotel is a highway stop and that's about it (No Frills). The clerk told me she wanted to make me happy cause I am a choice member, so she put me in a Jacuzzi room at the standard king price. That didn't really matter to us however. Although I must say that I wouldn't go in that DIRTY spaceship looking Jacuzzi if you paid me. A few other things to point out about the room would be : A broken bent counter, Shredded carpet, So So bedding and lumpy pillows. The AC/Heat was quiet and worked well. The room was fairly clean with the exception of windows, mirrors and Jacuzzi. The hotel Internet did not work but an outside server did. The breakfast was as expected for a usual Quality Inn BK. So overall it was OK for a night or two and I would probably stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DJphoto
Espee03, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for feedback we will be corrected .we hope to see you in future.
Libertyville
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This was a last minute, late night stop. The staff welcomed us and made our short stay very welcome. She told us of decent resturant near by, which was very good. The breakfast was extremely good and was ready at 6:00 so we could get an early start on our way home.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Espee03, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you very much for your positive feedback and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elyria
Hampton Inn & Suites Elyria
Cambria Hotel & Suites Avon - Cleveland
Days Inn Amherst
Days Inn Amherst
#1 of 2 in Amherst

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!