“Dated Gem”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania
“Dated Gem”
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Very convenient location along I70. Courteous front desk staff both evening and morning and although the facility is dated they keep the rooms very clean. Exterior of rooms door pretty scuffed up. All said with their very reasonable prices a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Cuffy Meigs,
I appreciate the time you have taken to give our hotel a review. I am always pleased when a guest says positive things about my staff. We go to great lengths to train our folks in customer service and it really pays off. You will be happy to learn that the hotel is starting some major renovations to bring the looks and conditions up to date. Thank you again for your kind comments.
Tim McDonald

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I got stranded at the Dayton Airport and this hotel was kind enough to send a shuttle for me. I was worn out and the staff at the front desk recognized that and gave me a "distressed traveler" rate, which I greatly appreciated. The room was average but fine to sleep in for one night.

The hotel had a restaurant and bar that was adequate for the evening. They also had a shuttle service to the local grocery so I could pick up a few things for my trip.

Not luxury accommodations by any means, but I was sure glad to land here when I was stranded. They also got me back to the airport the next morning in plenty of time for my replacement flight. I don't know what more you can ask for than that. Reasonable price and great service.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Sketchystarr,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very please to read that we lived up to all your expectations. We train our staff to provide the best possible customer service as possible. Our shuttle drivers are some of the best and our front desk staff are second to none. It is always nice to hear when a guest has an experience like you did while staying with us. Thank you again for your kind comments.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed here on our way to Baltimore. The rooms are not updated, but they are working on it. Our room was okay but we loved the employees! The people at the front desk were so welcoming after our long drive! It was so nice to see people that cared about their customers!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Traveler A,

Thank you for taking time to give our hotel a review. As you noticed when you were here we are undergoing renovations. We hope to have half our rooms completed by mid November and the other half by May of 2014. I am very pleased that you found our staff to welcoming and pleasant. I do take pride in our customer service and we strive to leave an impression on all our guest as they did for you. Thank you again for your comments, I will pass them along to the staff.

Craig, Colorado
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I checked into the Holiday Inn Dayton Northwest August 3rd 2013. What a letdown, the hall carpets were torn and worn out, the room carpet was worn out and dirty, the bathroom floor was sticky and showed signs of long term neglect.
I stayed in this hotel 5 years ago and it doesn't look like it has had any serious maintenance or upgrading since then. The refrigerator in the room was turned off and didn't get cold for a couple of hours.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear Gar W

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about our hotel. I am sorry your stay was less than satisfactory. It is my goal all guest have a great stay with us and we fell short of that. We are in the midst of renovating and I can happily say the hall way carpets are part of the renovation along with the guest bathrooms and many other things. As for the refridgerator, part of our committment to be Green is to not use up energy by having them run constantly. I am sorry for any inconvenience this caused you.

Holiday Inn NW

Travellers are raving about these Englewood hotels

Owensburg, IN
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Hotel is very easy to find. Right off the interstate. Booked the room online, and when I checked in, everything was fine. Went to my, turn around and walked back out. I had booked a king Leisure, Non-smoking. Walked into a double room. Went back down stairs and spoke with the staff. They advised me that they did not have anymore King, non-smoking rooms available. I got a free upgrade to a Jacuzzi suite. Staff was very professional and curtious.. Was satisfied with the room upgrade. Bed was comfy and shower had plenty of water pressure. All in All was a good stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for taking time to write us a review. I apologize about the room confusion but am happy you were able to get a free upgrade to one of our jacuzzi rooms. Unfortunately, when a room is booked online through a third party we don't always see the details of the booking until time of arrival if at all. I am glad that staff was good and accomodating and you found your room comfortable. Thank you again for your comments.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

By the reviews, I was concern to stay in this hotel, but figured one night was not going to be that bad.

The rooms are definitely dated, I had to be a towel over the chair to sit down because it was really worn out and dirty.

Typically the pillows are soft and firm, all if my pillows were firm. My back hurt in the morning.
I found a bug close to the phone.

The one thing that upset me the most was the fact that two housekeeping staff were talking in the hallway. They apparently were not close to each other because the female kept yelling at the male. They were discussing some personal staff and how many rooms they had. Around 8:59am they stopped, but the vacuum replaced them!!!

The people at the front desk were nice.
The hotel was one restaurant onsite. Perkins and other chili place were within walking distance but there is not much else except for other hotel and motels.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear CecilbelB,
Thank you for taking time to give us a review. I am sorry your stay with us fell short of your expectations. It is my goal that all guest have an excellent experience with us. I take all reviews seriously and will address the noise issues with housekeeping. I am glad you liked the restuarant. We get many compliments on our food quality and price value. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I had a 1am arrival at the Dayton airport. When I called the front desk to ask about the shuttle to the hotel, I was told to call when I arrived. When I called from the airport, I was told the shuttle was already waiting outside for me. The driver was friendly and welcoming- had my name and was ready for me.
The hotel was 11 minutes away, and the desk staff was also welcoming and waiting for me.

The room was clean and comfortable, a continental breakfast minimal but the coffee was good.

Although I read other reviews about the hotel being run down, the lobby, first floor corridor and my room were not Maybe they have been renovated by now.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear sbrecken1,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. I am pleased to read your stay with us was a great experience. We strive to have the best customer service in the industry and when all our departments work like they did with you then we accomplish our goal. We are still doing renovations and will make it an even better place for our guest. Thank you again for your comments.

General manager
Holiday Inn NW
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton West - Brookville

Been to Clarion Inn Dayton Airport? Share your experiences!