“a bit unsatisfactory”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
Hagerstown, Indiana
“a bit unsatisfactory”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel is a made-over holiday inn. I did review this hotel with the company, and they said they appreciated my feedback. There are few hotel choices near the Dayton, Ohio, airport. I stayed here to catch an early flight the next morning. The staff told me the remodeling was done, but my room had no pictures on the walls, only one bedside lamp (the room did not have enough lighting), the outlets seemed old and I worried about charging my laptop. The heater sent cool air out and was loud. (It was February.) Things seemed clean but the remodeling job was not well done. The only PLUS to this stay was the staff - kind, efficient, helpful. I can't comment about the restaurant or pool as I did not use them.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Vickie W
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Vickie,

As for the remodel, I apologize for the lighting. We have a great number of the rooms complete but some lights were on backorder. We are suppose to have them in the next two weeks. They will be installed as soon as we have them and this should solve our lighting issue. Again, I am sorry your experience wasn't exceptional.

937/832-1234

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Northwest Ohio
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed one night just to go check out company 7 BBQ that's right by the hotel. The large pool was clean and had plenty of tables and chairs, and was heated I believe. No hot tub, but the pool is pretty big. The room was clean and up to date (244) It wasn't the greatest remodel job ever, but it worked enough to make the room feel freshened up. Comfy beds. The lobby bar is pretty big (humpty's I think?) and it seemed like all the locals came there. Sat night had a DJ and they did some karaoke. 3 beers on tap and plenty of bottles. Right off I70, can't miss it. Company 7 is a must have for dinner if you want to have some of the best BBQ you've ever had. The hotel shuttle will pretty much take you wherever you want to go if you ask them. I believe it's free from the airport. We opted for bob evans breakfast across the street.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, 27 February 2014

Kind Regards,

Uniontown,Ohio
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed one night there. The hotel is getting fixed up with new paint and carpet. Our room (349)was small , but adequate. When we first turned on the tv, it didn't work. The hdmi cable was removed from the wall plug. The cable was short, so I moved the tv close enough to the wall plug to insert. It worked fine after that, but as a customer shouldn't have to do that. The pool area and fitness area is really nice. The pool is one if the nicer ones you can have at a hotel. The provided breakfast was very minimal, and not equivalent to most Comfort Inns. There is a restaurant with a optional paying breakfast, but with Bob Evans and Perkins close by, I would think most customers would opt for them. I give it a average rating.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to complete our on line survey. I am sorry we didn't exceed your expectations during your stay with us. It is unfortunate your TV cable was not plugged in and your right, the customer should not have to do that.

I am happy however that you found our pool and fitness area really nice. We have the largest heated indoor pool of all Dayton hotels. I hope you will stop in again and give us another try. I look forward to your next visit.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Once again my stay was exactly as expected. Arrived late but still got food and although the breakfast choice was limited, the waitress managed to get me what I wanted. The hotel is about to get a much needed makeover and I look forward to visiting again when it's been completed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to do our online review. Your imput is appreciated and I will pass on your feed back to my staff. I am glad we were able to live up to your expectation and we made your stay a positive experience.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel is definitely showing its age but reportedly there are improvements coming in the future.
The breakfasts were very good both mornings though not included in the hotel price. For some reason all the TVs in the public areas were tuned to Fox "News" and the default channel on the TV was, guess what, Fox "News" as well. I felt as though I was in a right wing indoctrination camp. Not sure if that is a Holiday Inn corporate mandate or a local decision.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Paul L,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am glad you found our location to be convenient. You are correct; we are making improvements all around the hotel. We are painting the exterior and all the interior corridors and doors will get a fresh look. All the guest rooms will have new wall coverings, bedding, art work, lighting and the bathrooms will all be redone. And yes, we do have Fox News as the default station on the televisions only because it falls in the middle of the channel guide. You can go either direction and find the station you like. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused. I hope to meet you on your next stay. Again, thank you for your review.
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This is a pretty old H.I. but the operators are trying to do a good job updating it and freshing up the place. The room carpets were clean and bedding was too. The basic hotel seems to be 50 years old but many improvements are in process. The restaurant has been redone and all of the staff was very helpful. This is not my first choice at this intersection, but I would definitely stay there again since the price fit and the hotel's room cleanliness certainly helped.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Onceinawhile31,
Thank you for taking time to give us a review. I am glad your stay with us was good and we met your expectations. You are right, we are updating and refreshing the property. By the end of November we will have new carpet and wall finishing’s throughout all the corridors. Half of our guest room bathrooms will be totally updated with new granite vanities, granite tub surrounds, lights and mirrors. The guest room will have new lights, wall finishes and linens. The lobby will have a fresh look along with the elevators. The other half will be completed by May of 2014. Thank you again for your review.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Based on Reviews I was a little concerned with staying here. But the Hotel Exceeded my expectations. I drove with my son out to his college a flew back home from Dayton after spending a night at the Hotel. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The front desk was friendly and professional. There are a number of restaurants within a 10 minute walk from the Hotel and I ate at an excellent BBQ recommended by the front desk. I had an early morning flight and, after a good nights sleep, the "free" shuttle was on time and I arrived at the airport with plenty of time to make my flight.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Chubbe,
Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a review. I am very pleased when we exceed our guest expectations. That is always our goal and we strive to have the best customer service in the industry. I am glad you took advantage of our free shuttle to the airport and that the front desk was able to steer you to a restaurant you liked. Thank you for staying with us and again thank you for the review.
Tim McDonald
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Red Lion Inn & Suites Dayton

Been to Clarion Inn Dayton Airport? Share your experiences!