“Needs a facelift”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel is tired looking or is going broke. Rooms are dull with little personality. Beds are comfortable and clean. Location is okay. A Skyline chili restaurant is close, 10-15 minute walk to the next nearest restaurant, waffle house and a McDonald's. Fitness room is tired. Within 10 minute drive to/from airport. Staff is courteous.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week while attending a business conference. Very clean rooms and facilities. My favorite part was Humpty's, the bar/grill inside the hotel. The food was amazing and drinks were very affordable. A great way to wind down after a long day of slide shows and lectures. Huge pool also!

• Stayed: August 2013
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Leah,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel is a made-over holiday inn. I did review this hotel with the company, and they said they appreciated my feedback. There are few hotel choices near the Dayton, Ohio, airport. I stayed here to catch an early flight the next morning. The staff told me the remodeling was done, but my room had no pictures on the walls, only one bedside lamp (the room did not have enough lighting), the outlets seemed old and I worried about charging my laptop. The heater sent cool air out and was loud. (It was February.) Things seemed clean but the remodeling job was not well done. The only PLUS to this stay was the staff - kind, efficient, helpful. I can't comment about the restaurant or pool as I did not use them.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Vickie W
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Vickie,

As for the remodel, I apologize for the lighting. We have a great number of the rooms complete but some lights were on backorder. We are suppose to have them in the next two weeks. They will be installed as soon as we have them and this should solve our lighting issue. Again, I am sorry your experience wasn't exceptional.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed one night just to go check out company 7 BBQ that's right by the hotel. The large pool was clean and had plenty of tables and chairs, and was heated I believe. No hot tub, but the pool is pretty big. The room was clean and up to date (244) It wasn't the greatest remodel job ever, but it worked enough to make the room feel freshened up. Comfy beds. The lobby bar is pretty big (humpty's I think?) and it seemed like all the locals came there. Sat night had a DJ and they did some karaoke. 3 beers on tap and plenty of bottles. Right off I70, can't miss it. Company 7 is a must have for dinner if you want to have some of the best BBQ you've ever had. The hotel shuttle will pretty much take you wherever you want to go if you ask them. I believe it's free from the airport. We opted for bob evans breakfast across the street.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed one night there. The hotel is getting fixed up with new paint and carpet. Our room (349)was small , but adequate. When we first turned on the tv, it didn't work. The hdmi cable was removed from the wall plug. The cable was short, so I moved the tv close enough to the wall plug to insert. It worked fine after that, but as a customer shouldn't have to do that. The pool area and fitness area is really nice. The pool is one if the nicer ones you can have at a hotel. The provided breakfast was very minimal, and not equivalent to most Comfort Inns. There is a restaurant with a optional paying breakfast, but with Bob Evans and Perkins close by, I would think most customers would opt for them. I give it a average rating.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to complete our on line survey. I am sorry we didn't exceed your expectations during your stay with us. It is unfortunate your TV cable was not plugged in and your right, the customer should not have to do that.

I am happy however that you found our pool and fitness area really nice. We have the largest heated indoor pool of all Dayton hotels. I hope you will stop in again and give us another try. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Once again my stay was exactly as expected. Arrived late but still got food and although the breakfast choice was limited, the waitress managed to get me what I wanted. The hotel is about to get a much needed makeover and I look forward to visiting again when it's been completed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to do our online review. Your imput is appreciated and I will pass on your feed back to my staff. I am glad we were able to live up to your expectation and we made your stay a positive experience.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel is definitely showing its age but reportedly there are improvements coming in the future.
The breakfasts were very good both mornings though not included in the hotel price. For some reason all the TVs in the public areas were tuned to Fox "News" and the default channel on the TV was, guess what, Fox "News" as well. I felt as though I was in a right wing indoctrination camp. Not sure if that is a Holiday Inn corporate mandate or a local decision.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Paul L,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am glad you found our location to be convenient. You are correct; we are making improvements all around the hotel. We are painting the exterior and all the interior corridors and doors will get a fresh look. All the guest rooms will have new wall coverings, bedding, art work, lighting and the bathrooms will all be redone. And yes, we do have Fox News as the default station on the televisions only because it falls in the middle of the channel guide. You can go either direction and find the station you like. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused. I hope to meet you on your next stay. Again, thank you for your review.
Tim McDonald

Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
TownePlace Suites Dayton North

Been to Clarion Inn Dayton Airport? Share your experiences!