“Convenient and very good service”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Convenient and very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is a hotel that is aimed primarily for convenience. Very close to the hotel-although not noisy at all. Right off the interstate-easy to get back on the road. It has a restaurant that is quite decent-excellent hamburgers. The front desk got a little confused when I called for a reservation. I told them at least 3 times that we were about an hour away but when we got there, they had us down for the next night! No problem, though, they quickly changed it and gave us a very convenient room, as we had our two dogs with us and wanted to be near the door. Lots of grassy area for walking. The breakfast is minimal-probably because they have their own restaurant. Overall we were pleased and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sabreline

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cynthiana, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Have stayed at a Clarion in another city before and was very nice. The outside of this one appears to be old. With that said the room that we had was decent. It was small but had an up to date tv and color of the room was nice. Bathroom was your average everyday run of the mill bathroom. Only one bar of soap and one roll of toilet paper. If you needed anything else that you my have forgotten like toothpaste etc you had to call the front desk. For the most part it was clean although I did note that the front of the microwave and the inside of the fridge could of been cleaned better, but then I am probably in the minority with noticing such things. I feel that price could have been much lower as we paid 118 for one night and this hotel probably should not be charging anything more than 70 dollars for a night as is really just your average run of the mill hotel with no real amenities. Only really dealt with staff for check in and check out and were nice and respectful. It was very quiet in the location that we were. Did notice a lot of kids as had a swimming pool in the back of the hotel. A lot of eating establishments in the same location, actually within walking distance..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
North Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel is tired looking or is going broke. Rooms are dull with little personality. Beds are comfortable and clean. Location is okay. A Skyline chili restaurant is close, 10-15 minute walk to the next nearest restaurant, waffle house and a McDonald's. Fitness room is tired. Within 10 minute drive to/from airport. Staff is courteous.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week while attending a business conference. Very clean rooms and facilities. My favorite part was Humpty's, the bar/grill inside the hotel. The food was amazing and drinks were very affordable. A great way to wind down after a long day of slide shows and lectures. Huge pool also!

• Stayed August 2013
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Leah,

Hagerstown, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel is a made-over holiday inn. I did review this hotel with the company, and they said they appreciated my feedback. There are few hotel choices near the Dayton, Ohio, airport. I stayed here to catch an early flight the next morning. The staff told me the remodeling was done, but my room had no pictures on the walls, only one bedside lamp (the room did not have enough lighting), the outlets seemed old and I worried about charging my laptop. The heater sent cool air out and was loud. (It was February.) Things seemed clean but the remodeling job was not well done. The only PLUS to this stay was the staff - kind, efficient, helpful. I can't comment about the restaurant or pool as I did not use them.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Vickie W
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Vickie,

As for the remodel, I apologize for the lighting. We have a great number of the rooms complete but some lights were on backorder. We are suppose to have them in the next two weeks. They will be installed as soon as we have them and this should solve our lighting issue. Again, I am sorry your experience wasn't exceptional.

937/832-1234

Travellers are raving about these Englewood hotels

Northwest Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed one night just to go check out company 7 BBQ that's right by the hotel. The large pool was clean and had plenty of tables and chairs, and was heated I believe. No hot tub, but the pool is pretty big. The room was clean and up to date (244) It wasn't the greatest remodel job ever, but it worked enough to make the room feel freshened up. Comfy beds. The lobby bar is pretty big (humpty's I think?) and it seemed like all the locals came there. Sat night had a DJ and they did some karaoke. 3 beers on tap and plenty of bottles. Right off I70, can't miss it. Company 7 is a must have for dinner if you want to have some of the best BBQ you've ever had. The hotel shuttle will pretty much take you wherever you want to go if you ask them. I believe it's free from the airport. We opted for bob evans breakfast across the street.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Kind Regards,

Uniontown,Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed one night there. The hotel is getting fixed up with new paint and carpet. Our room (349)was small , but adequate. When we first turned on the tv, it didn't work. The hdmi cable was removed from the wall plug. The cable was short, so I moved the tv close enough to the wall plug to insert. It worked fine after that, but as a customer shouldn't have to do that. The pool area and fitness area is really nice. The pool is one if the nicer ones you can have at a hotel. The provided breakfast was very minimal, and not equivalent to most Comfort Inns. There is a restaurant with a optional paying breakfast, but with Bob Evans and Perkins close by, I would think most customers would opt for them. I give it a average rating.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to complete our on line survey. I am sorry we didn't exceed your expectations during your stay with us. It is unfortunate your TV cable was not plugged in and your right, the customer should not have to do that.

I am happy however that you found our pool and fitness area really nice. We have the largest heated indoor pool of all Dayton hotels. I hope you will stop in again and give us another try. I look forward to your next visit.

Clarion Inn Dayton Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Red Lion Inn & Suites Dayton

Been to Clarion Inn Dayton Airport? Share your experiences!