“Not worth the money”

Gorman Heritage Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Evendale
More attraction details
Owner description: Gorman Heritage Farm is a 122-acre working farm and outdoor education center, which invites its visitors to explore and learn the history, methods and values of a working family farm in a natural setting. We are located on Reading Road in Evendale, Ohio. The Farm is one-half mile south of Glendale-Milford Road.The Farm consists of 30 tillable acres, a farmyard with a variety of animals, a garden, 40 acres of wooded hillside, and a natural pond. We enjoy visits from members, casual visitors, school groups and many others during the course of the year. The paid staff includes both farming and administrative professionals, supported by a strong cadre of volunteers.
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

In comparison to say Browns Farm
in Ross this place was pretty terrible. I'd love to know what exactly they spend your money on because the grounds were very very poorly kept. The children's garden was full of tall grass and
weeds, my daughter couldn't get down and crawl at all. There were very few animals to see. What bothered me most is they had no produce available for sale in the middle of July, really??

I just really felt you got nothing at all for the money. I'd never suggest anyone visit this place.

1  Thank Christy E

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Gorman Heritage Farm
A review by Natalie T

From the expansive fields of sunflowers in the fall to the breathtaking flower gardens in the summer, Gorman Heritage Farm is a place unlike any other. The farm, hidden away in the middle of Evendale, is an oasis of farm life and serenity.

When I first visited Gorman with my family, I was welcomed by kind staff that was eager to share their farm with me. Nearby, the large pavilion and flower gardens radiated a natural elegance that made me feel right at home. After walking along the dirt path past their corn fields, my family and I visited the animal barn, where chickens roam free. Horses and goats also dwelled happily in this rustic farm environment. Just over the horizon I could just make out a shine of gold light that took form in a sea of sunflowers. We gravitated towards the large yellow blooms and along a path scattered with wildflowers we found a hill that led to a barn overlooking the town.

Standing on top of the large hill, I was overwhelmed by the factories and buildings surrounding my newly discovered oasis. I was blown away by the distinct change between rustic farm lifestyle to industrial society. Looking down I saw the sunflowers, whispering to me the true power there is in nature, while the factories shouted doubt for natural landscapes and farming. The industry seemed to clash with the farm in a way that made me hope for the preservation of today’s farms. As I made my way down the hill, I appreciated the farm even more.

Gorman Heritage Farm is haven of natural beauty that inspired me for months. My parents seemed to be affected too, as they held their wedding at Gorman months later. Their fall wedding was breathtaking and the sunflowers gleamed purity and happiness as they decorated the ceremony. I could not have imagined a better place to celebrate my father’s marriage and to welcome my stepmother and her family into my life.

My life wouldn’t be the same without Gorman Heritage Farm, and I wish that everyone could bathe in its beauty the way I did. From the fields to the gardens to the barns to the staff, everything about Gorman is perfect. An escape from industrial and modern society, this farm is a haven of natural charm. I recommend highly the rustic allure of Gorman Heritage Farm.

5  Thank Natalie T