“Really don't think I'd ever stay here again”

Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I chose this location due to price & having stayed at Extended Stay Americas before. We were meeting up with relatives from out of state that were participating in the 2013 WGI World Championships being held at Dayton Univ. Arena. I had made reservations for two nights for my husband & myself. If he had not been with me I'd have checked out after the first night. Someone in the room above us paced the floor well past midnight. I reported this & it stopped after 10 - 15 min) There was yelling of obscenities & pounding on a door to be let in to a room in our hallway. Dead young cockroaches on our kitchen counter the 1st. morning and very dirty carpeting in our room. The furnishing were worn, the room temperature remained too warm & the TV volume went up & down by itself requiring constant adjustment.

On the positive side the bed was comfortable & water pressure was fine.

Cannot say I felt comfortable in our surroundings. Doubt if I'd ever stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LarkwhistleBud
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The iisues you described regarding your room, is truly regrettable and we are very sorry. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is looking into the situation reguarding the person knocking on your door and the lack of cleanliness you described.

I want to apologize sincerely for not being able to provide you with a comfortable stay. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

If you are unaccustomed to Extended Stay America, that's marketing speak for "we only clean your room once a week". As we were there only two nights, that wasn't a huge problem. The first room they gave us had ants in the bathroom, but a second room was OK. The rooms were large, with a kitchenette, and were pretty dated, but clean. The rooms had a kind of sickeningly sweet smell. Bed was OK, although there was an extension cord running between the headboard and the mattress (!). Mentioned this obvious fire hazard to the clerk, who said it would be fixed. Low end, simple room, but lower price compared to some in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that the first room we provided was not satisfactory and for the sweet smell in the second room. Please know I will be using this feedback to better coach our teams in the future.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

We stayed only one night this past weekend, and while it is true that the rooms are a nice size, this hotel is the loudest I've ever stayed at. The walls and ceiling were so thin, both the child running back and forth above us and the dog barking next door kept us from sleeping. They've also installed these auto air fresheners that are such a heavy flowery soap scent that gave me an instant headache. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

I want to start by apologizing for the noise that you experienced during your stay with us. We strive to provide clean and comfortable rooms to all guests and Im sorry we failed at that mission. I would like to invite you back to the hotel so we can have a chance to make it tup to you. I hope to hear from you soon

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel for visitors of this area for several reasons. Among these reasons would be the excellent staff and service I received here while being a guest at this establishment along with the clean rooms and short walking distance to many restaurants and a major grocery store not far away. This hotel is also a short drive to a Air Force museum, base, and located directly across the street from a university and hiking path. It is also located in a safe and quiet location with a pool and laundry service on the ground floor. Overall I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting this area for a short or extended stay! The staff are very friendly, helpful, and the rooms are always cleaned once a week by the housekeeper. Just a few blocks away is a bank, Kinkos, Thai restaurant, pizza restaurant, travel agency, and a House Depot store . Wright State University across the street also has several restaurants and shops just five minutes walking distance. In just a ten minute drive is a mall, Barnes and Nobles, along with a Best Buy, TJ Max, and an Olive Garden Restaurant. This hotel also offers a great rate and the rooms are well sized .Thank you Extended Stay America!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

I want to personally thank you for the glowing review of our hotel! We really appreciate you taking the time to write such wonderful comments for others to hear about your experience. As always if you need accomidations in Fairborn we would love to have you back!

Reviewed 19 February 2013

Nice, big renovated room in a well located part of Dayton. The hotel was convenient to great dining and coffee shops. Great room for the price! The staff could not have been more helpful upon check in and at check out. Forget the old negative reviews -- its a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to give us a review. I am glad that you had a great stay with us. We hope to see you in your future travels to Fairborn.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Excellent place with very helpful and respectful staff. Deffinatly the best place in town with the best prices & comfort! The free WiFi is great and I like the coffee. Walking distance to the Wright State University and stores.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am glad that you always have a great stay with us in Fairborn. We look forward to being your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

I got this hotel off of Hotwire. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Aaron called a little after I went in room to make sure everything was okay. The room was very clean and updated. The only thing they haven't updated are the cabinets. The room was a very good size. The only complaint had to do with the other guests (including a woman in hall yelling for a bit). Other than that, everything was great!!

Room Tip: I stayed by elevator...I would suggest staying away from elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to shear your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm thrilled that the staff was great and the room was so clean. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Suburban Extended Stay Dayton-WP AFB
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright-Patterson
Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Baymont Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright Patterson AFB

Been to Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn? Share your experiences!