“It's not just the front desk”

Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
“It's not just the front desk”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

The front desk is reasonably friendly & courteous but it's Jenny Lynn who comes into my room to clean it and then takes the time to leave me "suite" notes and candy and the hostess, Debbie, who takes the time each morning to greet each guest that made my stay extraordinary. Debbie even prepared me turkey sausages after I mentioned to her that I didn't eat pork. Debbie and Jenny Lynn are the GREATEST! !!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was a nice place to stay, but it is older. I liked having the breakfasts everyday, and the meal in the weeknights were good. The one thing that I liked the most was the staff. Everyone was very nice and they would help in any way. I never had to worry about them digging through my stuff in the room. The one set back is the number of dogs that they allow in the hotel. Many times I thought I was walking through a dog wash. The smell of wet dog was over powering sometimes. For the most part I liked the food, but some nights is was okay to walk across the street to McDs.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room so you don't have to hear the people above you.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dayton
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We've never contributed to Trip Advisor until now. Our positive experience at this Homewood Suites (Fairborn, OH) and the attention of Ms Suzanne Hoover has prompted this action. We were in the process of a cross country move which is so stressful even if everything goes right. In the midst of this event, we were exhausted, hungry, and edgy. Enter Ms Hoover who checked on our comfort after her working hours. Who greeted us at breakfast offering her assistance at whatever we might need. Who corrected our mistake of a check-out date with "I'll fix it, don't worry" ! The room was clean, inviting and lovely. All the staff and especially Ms Hoover were delightful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Very clean. Housekeeping even wrote a personal note at the bedside which I thought was so nice. There were mints on the pillows when we arrived. Popcorn was in the room along with the standard coffee and tea. There was a stove, microwave fridge dishwasher very very convenient. Home away from home. I would stay there on my next trip to Ohio.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. This place is overall an excellent place to stay. I highly recommend it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great value! The Homewood Suites, Dayton-Fairborn, OH is always my first choice for lodging in the area. The managers and staff of the hotel are all wonderful and make every effort to ensure your stay is comfortable and that you feel welcome. The suites are very clean and well furnished. The hotel is located right off of I-675 and near Wright Patterson AFB, the Air Force Museum, shopping malls and great restaurants. However, the best food in the area, complemented by friendly service is right in the hotel, which serves complimentary breakfast and dinner.

Room Tip: Rooms are all suites with similar floor plans.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014

It was an amazing experience. The suite had a fireplace and an exterior entrance (which was great for bringing my luggage). My house keeper was simply amazing. If I could I would have stashed her in my bag and took her home. The service was awesome all around. Breakfast every morning was a great deal. And the weekday evening reception with Jane (I believe) and Elijah was delicious *kudos*. They are a good team. Splash and Michelle were really involved whenever I came to the lobby. He even went and remade the entire coffee for me when I noted that it was a grind in my cup. Overall my stay was wonderful for the price and location. I will definitely come back when ever I'm in the Ohio area!

Room Tip: bring your own alarm clock as mine in my room was not set and I did not know how to set it at all .
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014

5 stars we had a wonderful time sitting outside and enjoying the well cared for grounds especially the pool and the garden we also enjoyed the friendly and helpful staff especially jermaine and jerry Lynn and Suzan.

• Stayed August 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675
Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn
SpringHill Suites Dayton Beavercreek

Been to Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)? Share your experiences!