“Needs a renovation.”

Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Front Desk staff was very helpful and courteous. First hotel I have stayed in without a keycard in over 10 yrs. They have NO fitness equipment or workout room. The staff running Packy's (in hotel restaurant) continuously closed 1-2 hrs prior to the posted closing time regardless of how many paying patrons were utilizing the facility. Rooms were spacious and beds were comfortable. Rooms did not have any local or guest information in the room.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank GorioPogi

Reviewed 17 February 2013

While the rooms were clean and had the expected amenities, the wi-fi (while free, which is more than I can say for some hotels) was too weak to adequately support a video-call home, and there was no option for wired Internet. It was acceptable for basic web-surfing. There's no free breakfast, and the hotel restaurant is pretty disappointing, with a mediocre food selection and service that is sometimes understaffed. I don't think there was an on-site fitness center, as far as I could tell, though I didn't ask. I was in a room near the elevator, which was a bit noisy at night, and the laundry facilities were pretty limited in capacity. All that said, the price was reasonable, and I don't have any real horror-stories... just minor complaints that make this hotel just "okay".

I'll also echo the warnings about the hotel location-- most GPS and web-based maps do not have the correct location for this hotel. I ended up hunting it down via Google Maps' satellite imagery based on descriptions of its location. It's located off to the right as you're approaching the security checkpoint for Gate 12A of Wright-Patterson AFB.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sean B
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Service was great, staff was very friendly. Rooms are very clean, big, and quiet. Good price, no complaints. I'd def recommend this hotel to others. The bathroom is HUGE. We also had a mini fridge, microwave, flat screen tv w 70 channels! No pool/hot tub. We ate at Packy's (restaurant/bar in the hotel) and they were decent.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sadie3481
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed here for the Air Force marathon this month. The staff was wonderful, which really made up for the fact that the hotel room needs updating. There was nothing really attractive about the room- white walls, no decorating except an "h" wall decor over the bed. Room was clean, sheets and comforter were on the worn side but still clean and serviceable. Flat screen, mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker were on the new side. The bathroom was really where you wished it was updated- old countertops, low toilet (for kids?), shower had the little bar that had come out of the hole then was put back in and caulked but it looked horrible, showerhead was old and stained. If they put a little money into this place, it would really stand out. But, it's a contract hotel for the Air Force base, so I don't see that happening any time soon. Really, a decent stay and a very good price.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Had to stay here for a conference. Had read other reviews and looked at pics online, and it seemed to be a lower level hotel than I typically book. Was pleasantly surprised! Bed was comfortable and room was spacious, and microwave and mini fridge were nice for a multi-night stay. I didn't like that the bathroom toilet didn't have a lid. No in room safe, but there were safe deposit boxes available at the front desk. Limited parking by front door, but lots of parking by the restaurant and conference center. Room walls are VERY thin. I could hear every sound that was made in the adjoining room even though it seemed like the person was watching tv at a normal volume and speaking normally on the phone. I brought a portable white noise machine that I travel with which helped mute the noise so I could sleep. Hallways were very dim, and they still issue metal room keys! Two different people in the group I was with checked in at night and were accidentally given rooms that were already occupied.

Staff was very friendly and front desk staff knowledgeable about directions. NOTE: Nothing other than the Air Force Base is in walking distance. Do NOT rely on GPS or google maps for accurate directions to the hotel. Call the hotel in advance and get directions from them. Since it is on Air Force Base property, their address isn't registered in GPS systems. Lots of restaurants and shops within a five minute drive, but not walkable.

Large conference rooms. Conference food was good. Enjoyed the rocking chairs outside.

Good value for the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Misses W, Director of Sales at Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment, our hotel will be going through some positive changes in the coming year and your opinion truly matters and we appreciate that. Should your travels bring you back in the next year we hope that you select us for your overnight. accommodations.

The Staff & Management

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Spend four nights at hotel for a convention with my wife. Hotel is adjacent to WPAFB and has a lot of AF transient residents whom I found to be very professional and friendly. The rooms are fairly plan but clean and quite. Nothing exceptional but noting to complain about. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we ask for additional pillows. They have a restaurant "Packy's" in the hotel and they serve normal hotel fair with buffet breakfast and lunches at additional charge. Overall a good place if your doing business at WPAFB or visiting the museum.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Curt P
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My cousin had her reception here and there were a block of rooms reserved for anyone who wanted to stay. Overall, the hotel was very clean. The beds were comfortable. The rooms had everything we needed. It's not a luxury hotel by any means, but it was quite nice for the price. Nice mini-fridge, iron & ironing board, new flat screen Vizio TV.

The catering staff though gets way over 5-stars!! My daughter had placed her retainer on a plate during the dinner portion of the reception and a waitress took her plate. By the time we realized it was gone, the retainer had made it into the trash. The staff took the time to dig through all of that trash in the parking lot until they found it! They were a life saver!! I can't say enough how much that was appreciated!! In my opinion, they went above and beyond!! The bartender Michael was also fabulous! He knew after only one drink what I wanted every time I went up to the bar! Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fairborn South, OH
Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675
2 mi away
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Baymont Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright Patterson AFB

Been to Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center? Share your experiences!