Baymont Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright Patterson AFB
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Riverside, CA
“Nice Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Arrived Monday, 16 April and stayed through 20 April. Check in was quick and smooth and they had everything ready upon my arrival. Lobby was clean and well appointed. I had a third floor, 2 double bed room. At first I was a little hesitant because the room was right next to the elevator and vending machines, as it turned out I didn’t hear anything from outside the room. I called back down and ask if they had a room available with a refrigerator, they didn’t but said they would have one put in the room that I had. I left to go next door to the 24 hour convenience store and the refrigerator was in the room when I got back, no more than 20 minutes later. I had some TV remote control issues later that evening, but the desk clerk quickly replaced the faulty remote.
Breakfast is included, I believe it was served from 6 AM – 8:30 or 9:00 AM. They had the regular stuff, coffee, sausage, eggs, hash browns, biscuits & gravy, bowl of fruit, dry cereal, eggs, oatmeal, bread/toast, etc. The breakfast area was always clean, and maintained each morning I was there. The only very minor negative comment I would have was one morning they had small omelets as the egg selection and they were not very good, rather tough. The other mornings they had scrambled, poached, etc, and they were all fine. The coffee was pretty good also. There were no microwaves in the rooms and the one for guest use in the breakfast area was marked as out of order, but the sign indicated the desk clerk would let guests into their kitchen area and let them use the industrial microwave. That wasn’t an issue for me, and after seeing how responsive they were to guest needs they probably would have put one in the room had I ask.
WiFi had a good signal, was quick, easily logged onto, and free. They also have a computer, w/ printer in the lobby for guest use.
There isn’t much within walking distance, there is a 24 hour convenience store next door, and a Fraternal Order Of Eagles about a quarter mile down and across the road. The grill/kitchen at the Eagles Aerie is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays that I know of I didn’t ask about the weekends, they welcome first time guest, however you will probably want to join if you are not already a member.
The hotel is a 5 minute drive to a main street with your choice of many restaurants, groceries, etc. it is about 10 minutes from anywhere on Wright Patterson AFB, and 15 – 20 minutes back to the airport.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor (top floor), and the room was fine. The elevator had just been inspecte...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I was very pleased to find this hotel when searching Kayak. The rates were very reasonable. The hotel staff from the front desk personnel to the cleaning service were friendly and pleasent to deal with. The rooms were nicely furnished, clean and comfortable, including the bathroom. The rates included a full breakfast which was servicable, not great but not bad either. Very nice and attentive lady taking care of refilling and cleaning up around breakfast bar area. The area around the hotel was industrial but it was close to Route 675 so it was easy access to all points of Dayton. Overall for the price, you can't complain. Good expierenace would stay again. Dayton, Ohio however should be nuked back into dirt and started over again what a depressing place to live! Sorry Ohio, "Just Sayin".

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
fairborn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

I was very glad we chose this hotel to stay in, in Fairborn. We have visited several since coming to Fairborn 22 years ago, and this hotel was the very best so far. It will be hard to beat. The staff was very friendly and caring. Everything we needed was there, especially the hot breakfast every morning, and unlimited coffee, that taste better than ours at home. The rooms were excellent, everything we needed, and very clean. Everyone there at Baymont take pride in there jobs, you coud tell. So glad we picked this hotel, it is highly recommended from me and my husband.

Room Tip: I'm sure whatever room you get here will be great in everyway!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank cynthia g
Birmingham, AL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

The staff were extremely helpful & nice. The breakfast was great! There were always fresh waffles, eggs, some kind of meat (either bacon or sausage), and hashbrowns- as well as the standards (bagels, pastries, muffins, ceral, yogurt, etc).

The room was clean, however, the decor needed some serious updating. The easiest way to update the rooms would be to add the down comforters with duvets instead of the old motel style one.

There are plenty are places to eat if you go south on the interstate about 10 min. Also, there is a gas station right next door (that looks new & well-lit, not sketchy).

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Berthoud CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

Clean rooms, nice staff, and actually a good hot breakfast.

Coffee, tea, juice, is available 24/7, and there are fresh baked cookies at the desk in the evening.

I stay here when visiting my parents, just 3 minutes away, so I don't worry about restaurants and stores etc. (there aren't any close by)

I wish it was just a bit more budget friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Canton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I stayed here after going to Kings Island, and my husbands family is in the area. I just wanted to state the lady that set up for breakfast, and tore it down was a very nice lady. I saw that someone before said some mean things about her....and I think knowing the circumstances, and people she probably has to deal with she did fabulous. I took my time to talk to her a bit while she was tearing the breakfast area down, and she was very sweet. By the way, she was working quite quickly, and was not wasting her time while talking, just wanted to clarify that. Anyway, the rooms are not updated, so do not expect something fancy, the rooms are basic, the beds are ok, and atmosphere was ok, the breakfast was very good. It was a good room for the price....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

Upon arriving at the hotel I noticed that there was no places to eat or shop in the general vicinity. There was a gas station next door but it seemed a little sketchy. When checking in I was greeted by a girl named Jacqueline. She was very helpful and nice and she is a true asset to the hotel. However the rest of the stay wasn't as nice. First the a/c wasn't working properly in the room so they had to call maintenance to fix it. The biggest problem was the internet didn't work the whole time I was here and since I had a lot of business work to do on my laptop this was very aggravating. Scott the manager told me that they were working on a solution and it would be resolved within a few hours yet it never got fixed. When I checked out of the hotel I spoke to Scott and he didn't seem to care that my stay was bad in fact he was just ignoring me and said he couldn't give me a refund on my stay. I must say he is one of the most unprofessional people I have ever met, and to think he is running the hotel. I would not recommend anyone stay at this property at all.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business