“nice place at low cost”

Baymont Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright Patterson AFB
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Although away from food choices, the quiet and clean hotel offers just what we needed to complete some business and visit friends in the area. Our only complaint was that the wifi was hit or miss on being able to connect. The hardwire cable connections to rooms have been disabled.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Michelle N, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright Patterson AFB, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of our property. Here at the Baymont Inn & Suites we pride ourselves on providing guests with a clean and welcoming environment. I will look into the problem with the spotty connection for the WiFi and see if I can find out what is going on to cause this issue. I hope you return to stay with us in the future when you are in the Fairborn area.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The room was decent, everything worked, nice bathroom, staff was friendly. The only complaint I have, which in my eyes is a big one. I had things stolen out of my room from housekeeping. All small things, nothing I'm devastated to lose. However some money was taken from my wallet, and some small clothing items, gum. Just an invasion of privacy and not happy about it. I left the do not disturb tag off my door for one day & that's what happened. Most of my bags/belongings had been gone through or something was missing. I reported it to hotel staff so they are aware but still probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am glad you found the room to be decent and that everything in your room was in working order. Our staff prides themselves on providing every guest with exceptional service and I am glad you felt overall you received the same service.

As for the items being taken from your room and your personal belongings I am truly sorry. I am looking into the situation and trying to figure out what happened. This type of action is unacceptable and please know that I am getting to the bottom of the issue.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and I hope you decide to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I've stayed at the Baymont in Fairborn twice now. Good price. The room was good sized, the mattress very firm yet comfortable to me.Also nice and quiet. I was given a choice of floors - nice touch. The third floor hallway floor seemed to shake a bit as I walked to my room. WiFi worked well. Breakfast was good. I would have rated this property higher were it not for these three less-than professional things:
1) the worker on duty behind the front desk was accompanied by a friend who sat with her feet propped up on a nearby chair. Younger sister? Friend? Not professional.
2) While the room was clean, the wastebasket had not been emptied.
3) When I left the next morning two workers were sharing a smoke break under the front canopy. Not what one would expect to see in front of the property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank terry c
Michelle N, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright Patterson AFB, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us. I am glad you took advantage of our free wireless internet and the breakfast. I am glad you liked the fact that we ask the guests which floor they would like to be on when we have available rooms on all 3 floors.

I would first like to apologize for the wastebasket in the room having not been emptied. This is well within our control and I will take this issue up with the housekeeping staff. I am glad that you found your room to be clean aside from the wastebasket not having been empty.

As for the front desk clerk having company behind the desk this is unacceptable and I will be discussing this with the entire staff. I am glad that you brought this to my attention and I will be making sure that this will never happen again. Also, the staff knows that if they are on a smoke break it needs to be done behind the building so that no guests are affected by the smoke and I will make sure this is corrected also.

Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review. We will use this review as a learning tool and take the steps to improve our operations.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

It was really late and I needed a place to stay. Unfortunately, this was an awful choice. The bed is as hard as a rock. I couldn't sleep, so I just laid there. I should have sat in a chair all night because I woke up with sores from laying on a rock all night. There was a hole in the wall where they tried to put plaster on it, but all the plaster was on the floor (guess they didn't clean the floor before they gave me the room). The "hot" breakfast might have been nice, but when I rolled in there at 7:30, everything was gone. The only "hot" part consisted of make your own waffles. I guess you could call that hot? I generally think of either sausage or eggs, but there was neither. The only food that was there was off-brand cereal. Also, the a/c is one where you can't set the temperature, so you are either kept up all night by leaving the fan on or you melt in a hot room. This was about the quality of a motel, but I paid a hotel price for it. UGH.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Michelle N, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright Patterson AFB, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I would like to next apologize for your unsatisfactory experience while staying with us. I know that it can be frustrating not getting a good night's rest and I am sorry that you were not able to rest well while staying with us.

The issue with the plaster being on the floor and the hole in the wall I have addressed with both the housekeeping and maintenance staff. This is not customary for us to check anyone into a room that is either dirty or has a cosmetic issue. These issues are well within the control of the staff and I have addressed these with the appropriate team members.

We do serve a hot breakfast that includes scrambled eggs, waffles, and on certain days sausage gravy and biscuits. I apologize that you were not able to take full advantage of this amenity and have talked to the breakfast attendant about the issue of nothing being available at 7:30 in the morning.

Once again I do apologize for your unsatisfactory stay and would like to invite you back when you are in town to give us another chance.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Michelle N, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright Patterson AFB, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Reviewed 30 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Michelle N, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright Patterson AFB, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Hotel room was clean, beds were comfortable. No microwave or refrigerator in room (I thought all hotels had them now). Carpeting in hallways and decor is dated but in good condition. Nice breakfast assortment with eggs, bagels, muffins and donuts, bread, oatmeal and cold cereal, yogurt, coffee, apple and orange juices, and make-your-own waffles. On the second day of our stay, the maid left the door to our room ajar. Anyone could have walked in and stolen all our belongings! When my husband went to the front desk to report this, they gave us a $10 discount on one night's stay and said they would contact the manager on Monday about it (this occurred on a Saturday). There has been no follow-up phone call to us from the manager. All staff were friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you found the hotel to be clean and you enjoyed our free breakfast. We just added the waffle makers last week and I am glad you took advantage of our new product. The carpet in the hallways is actually new and was put in at the beginning of June.
Now I would like to apologize for your door to your room being left open on the second day you stayed with us. I have discussed this issue with the head housekeeper and the rest of the staff and rest assured this will not happen again at this property. I would also like to apologize for you not receiving a call from me concerning this issue. I was informed that you were given a discount on your room rate and I was told this resolved the issue. Once again I am sorry for the lack of communication between my staff and myself and the fact you would have liked to have received a follow up call. Please accept our sincere apologizes and if you need to discuss this any further please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
#3 of 14 in Springfield
Rodeway Inn - Fairborn
Rodeway Inn - Fairborn
#13 of 15 in Fairborn

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright Patterson AFB? Share your experiences!