“Great location”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
USAFret
“Great location”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I choose this property based on Trip Advisor reviews and it's proximity to the National Museum of the United States Air Force. It is a great location convenient to dozens of restaurants and shops and easy to find. Plus it is only moments from the museum. As seems to be the norm with Red Roof the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was large and clean and there is an elevator which makes it easier when moving bags in and out. I would recommend the property to anyone visiting the Dayton/Fairborn area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Johnny H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for the very kind and thoughtful review. We get a lot of compliments on our convenient location. I am glad to hear that you received quality service from our friendly staff. We pride ourselves on having a clean and friendly property. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Johnny Hart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The front manager Tonya hearing that we were there to attend a funeral for my nephew gave us a special rate. Then that night after checking in after a 10 hr. drive we experienced some loud noise from some people at our window outside. Called since it was 11:00 and we just wanted to sleep. Tonya took care on the matter quickly. Our housekeeper JD. made sure we had plenty of clean towels. It is not a fancy motel but, the staff made up for that. Wish they had a hair dyer and a coffee maker that would have been nice. Will stay again this fall when we come to Ohio. Thank you everyone for making it a little easier on us.

Room Tip: Don't expect luxury but, it is clean and the staff very nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Johnny H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for the very kind review. It always makes me glad to hear that our staff was able to provide good service to our guests! I will make sure to share your comments with the team. We look forward to seeing you again this fall when you are in the Dayton-Fairborn area.

Dumfries
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This location has always impressed me with the quality of their rooms, the attentiveness of the staff, and the value. The RR room makeover only increases the value.

Ken, working the front desk during my stay, went above and beyond!

Keep it up!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the kind words! We are very pleased with our recent upgrade. We get a lot of compliments on our rooms. It is always good to hear positive feedback like yours. It pleases me to know that our staff was able to take care of your needs. Ken is an excellent employee who delivers excellent customer service to our guests. Ken and I invite you to come back and stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Let me start by saying that the access off I-675 is great, and couldn't be easier. The bed linens are clean and so is the bathroom. Plenty of places to eat and if you are in the mood for shop-til-you-drop..there is plenty of that available too. The carpets could use some care, and the front-desk help(at my check-in) would not make eye-contact with me and there was a vacancy where a smile could have been(she might have had a bad day)..But the lobby was fresh and clean. Would I stay here again when in the area? For the price? Yes, I would.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I want to first apologize for the experience you had at check in. I will be sure to address the issue with the staff. We want all of our guests to experience welcoming smiles when they enter the lobby. I am glad you will give us another chance. We look forward to providing excellent customer service to you during future stays.

ohio
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed here again for our last Soccerturnament. As always it was a good stay for the money. I booked online and asked for the groundfloor wich I got . I also had a fridge and microwave in the room. The room was clean exept for under the beds. I wish they would sweep there more often . Some of our teammembers stayed in a pricy hotel and had dirty rooms, So if you spend more does not mean u get a better value .

Room Tip: Book in advance
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is always good to hear the thoughts of our guests. I do apologize about the area under the beds. I will reach out to my team for further training. It pleases me to hear that you feel that are a good value for your money. We are often referred to as a great value by many of our guests. We hope you will come back and stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Red Roof Inn is in a very convenient location to mayor roads. The room was nice size with kingsize bed, ref and microwave. I found the room a little outdated but comfortable. A couple of areas that they need to pay attention to was the carpet by the front doors had several stains on it. The outside balcony showed water damage and needed to be repaired and repainted. Also there was not way to print out boarding passes without going behind the main dest to do this task. It would be nice to have a computer in the lobby to to this task. The staff was very helpful in meeting or needs and the price was right.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. We always appreciate our guest’s feedback as we strive to better our services. We recently underwent a renovation with new carpets, mattresses and box springs and a fresh new design in every room. I will be sure to have my maintenance staff to look at the carpet from your room. It is always nice to hear about the staff helping to meet the needs of our guests.

Kansas City
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Let's start with the good. First, this hotel appears to have been recently remodeled. They did a very nice job. Fresh paint, new decor, carpet, linens, etc. No complaints on the appearance or cleanliness of this hotel (except one item, below). Second, they allow pets for free. This was very important for me, so I was grateful for that. Third, it's close to everything- the Nutter Center, Wright State University, Wright-Patt AFB, the Fairfield Mall, etc. There is a large Speedway gas station right next door and many restaurants down the street. All staff were friendly and helpful.

Now, for the bad. Guests at this hotel party like rock stars. We stayed three nights. On the morning after our first night, we discovered that someone had literally thrown-up purple vodka in the elevator. Disgusting. On the last night of our stay, there were people in rooms on either side of ours who were talking loud, blaring music and drinking on the balcony until 4:00 in the morning. I did not sleep well.

If you like to party or don't mind other people partying until all hours, by all means this is the hotel for you. If not, you might want to try something a bit farther from the university.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Johnny H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am truly sorry that you did not have an enjoyable experience. I am also sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I can assure you that we are not a party property. Although, we are very close to the university we rarely have incidents of noise complaints. When the front desk is notified of a noise complaint we are very proactive and take corrective measures to assure that the problem is solved. We want all of our guests to have comfortable stays. Again, I am truly sorry that you did not have a good experience during your stay.

Thank you for telling about the many wonderful features of the hotel including: cleanliness of the hotel, service level of the staff, pet friendly status, and great location. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future to show you that your experience is not the norm and that we do value the safety and comfort of all our guests.

Johnny Hart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675
Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)

Been to Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center? Share your experiences!