“Bring A Flashlight And Some Bug Spray!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairborn Hotel and Inn

Fairborn Hotel and Inn
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Chicago, Illinois
“Bring A Flashlight And Some Bug Spray!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

The good--motel staff friendly and helpful, hot water for shower, cable good, refrigerator worked, quiet for the most part, close to Air Force Museum, pet friendly.

The bad--carpets dirty with stains, towels and bed linen worn and stained. Water pressure not good. Big spiders found in room (the meaty, furry kind) truckers out front picking up girls, broken glass in hallway, staples embedded in carpet, gaps under doors. The hallways are very dimly lit. Bring a flashlight! The water pressure was not good, sink dripped, trashcans had no liners and were dirty. The bed felt like the springs were coming through the mattress.

This was the most depressing place I have ever stayed. I felt dirty just being in the room. If you have a choice do not stay here.

Room Tip: Plan ahead and check out reviews before staying anywhere.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank reviewer60439
Tom W, Manager at Fairborn Hotel and Inn, responded to this review, 27 December 2011
The ownership has been changed in September, 2011 and we have tried hard to make improvement.

You and your family are welcome to stay in our hotel.

Thanks,

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Arabic first
Allegan, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

I've stayed at several Motel 6s, so I know what to expect. This is an older property. The halls needs cleaning. The rooms were not clean. The tub was dirty, had hair all over. The rest of the bath was also dirty. Since we were there during Air Force Marathon weekend, we paid a premium for the room. My husband complained to the front desk and they did give us a credit of $30, which then brought the price down to a normal Motel 6 price.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Zanesville , Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

This is an older motel and the interior corridors are badly in need of carpet cleaning , but for a very reasonable price if you just want a decent room to sleep for a night , this is your hotel. The beds were newer and it was very conveinent to the Airforce Museum , only about a mile away. There were gas stations and a quaint little family restaurant nearby. It was easy to find and close to the interstate. All in all , a good stay, at a good price. If you are finicky, look elsewhere, but bargain shoppers will love this one. One bad point , pool was out of order in August.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

Obviously you can't go to a Motel 6 and expect very much out of the room. But my experience at this Motel 6 was less than satisfactory when compared to other motels that I have stayed at.

To begin with the building is very old, but that is a superficial flaw that doesn't really affect the quality of the room. However, upon checking in and going to my room, I found the room had already been used and the garbages were full and the sheets were thrown around. I called the help desk and they gave me a different room.

I am not a picky person at all, but this place was extremely spartan. The only thing in the bathroom was a small bar of soap. No shampoo or anything, which I have found to be very uncommon, even at budget motels. The room had a slightly antiquated smell to it, the sheets had some stains in them. The pillowcases and towels had make-up stains on them. All in all, you paid for a bed with stained linens and a shower in which you are offered a small bar of soap and that's all.

I checked into the motel late, so I was only there for a few hours before I checked out in the morning. Since I was there for such a short time I didn't really care about these things since it was only a few hours, but if I had been looking for a second night or more I would have definitely canceled the rest of my reservations there and looked someplace else.

The free wi-fi was also extremely slow and had a poor signal. I'm pretty sure they only had one router in the lobby or someplace for the entire complex, so the signal was very poor and the connection wasn't stable.

If you need a place to crash for a few hours and you're not picky, then you will survive here. If you need a clean environment and basic things like shampoo and fresh, clean linens, I would recommend searching elsewhere.

While the motel isn't terrible for what it is, it is far below average and the low price still isn't very redeeming. I wouldn't go back, I would definitely try my luck at another local motel.

• Stayed July 2010
Brownstown, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2008

The hotel appearance from outside gives you a pretty bad first impression. It really needs to be updated. the interior is about the same, carpet is buckling, needs fresh coat of paint in hallways.......
BUT I have to say the room we stayed in was very clean. Again, although I can't say much about the appearance of the hotel, it was very very clean. on our way out the next morning when we checked out, we saw the cleaning lady putting all of the linens into her cart to be washed (including the infamous bedspread talked about on so many undercover shows). We inquired about it, and she said that they clen every piece of linen anytime the rooms are used. that is not very common, even in expensive hotels. We stayed here because we were only going to be sleeping in the room, and we were looking for something cheap. the pool was outdoors, and it was very clean. the breakfast was typical, cereal, bagels, orange juice and coffee. i would stay here again if i was looking for a place to only sleep, but I paid $65 a night, and really it should not be more than $50 a night. definatley not a place i would want to stay if I was planning to be spending a lot of time in the hotel. One last thing, they allow pets which is also very unusual, so if you are traveling with your pet, this is a good place to stay.

• Liked — Pet Ffiendly
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Residence Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Baymont Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright Patterson AFB

Been to Fairborn Hotel and Inn? Share your experiences!