“Great place to stay and good location”

Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I travel to the Dayton area about once a year for government business. I chose this hotel in 2009 and loved it. The service was great and the room was spacious and comfortable. I chose it again in 2010 for my visit. My flight out of Germany was late, so I didn't end up getting to the hotel until after midnight. I had called ahead to let the front desk know that I would be late and they said no problem. They were waiting for me when I arrived about 1:30 am. I am scheduled to go back to Dayton in August and have already reserved my room there. I won't stay anywhere else. The location is awesome - the hotel is close to the AF Base, the AF Museum and a mall with several good restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Rory S
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675

Reviewed 11 June 2011

Stayed there for 5 nights, as part of my visit to the Hamfest in Dayton, Ohio. A companion event to the hamfest took place at the hotel, which offered a discount if staying at the hotel. This was my first visit.

Hotel room was spacious, very clean and tidy, possibly the best of our stay during our 2 week trip to the US.

Breakfast (which was included) was great, and definitely the best of our trip.

Front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

Surprisingly for me, there was a thermos of heated water and tea making facilities in reception, but no thermos flasks of coffee. Also no tourist leaflets (to find out where to visit locally) in the reception.

The only very minor bad point (which is true of 99.9% of hotels in the US) is that I wanted an electric kettle to boil water for a cup of tea in my room, but none was available.

Parking was plentiful and several fast food outlets were just a few minutes away. The parking lot was so big it took 2 minutes just to get out of the hotel grounds!

We had drinks in the bar one night (beer and a glass of wine), but in our opinion they seemed pricey (since we don't really drink in hotel bars it is hard to know what the going rate is - so to speak).

One night (Sunday) it was very quiet, and we ate in the bar/restaurent, and all was OK.

We had free internet and breakfast, but this might have been part of the "event" deal.

I'll be back at the hamfest next year and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary_from_Cambridge
Reviewed 24 May 2011

The hotel was nice enough, and the dining area looked good, though I didn't try it. My major annoyance was the front desk's inability to answer the phone in a timely manor. Both nights I was there, it took multiple calls, letting the phone ring for over 10 times to get someone to actually pick up, just to get my wake-up time put in the system! I've had problems like this before, where my wife was unable to reach me, and is not something she should have to put up with. During my stay, I did have a faulty desk chair (kept sinking slowly), and tried to call it in. It took a few calls to get through, and they said it would be replaced in the morning...The next night, the same chair was still there. I had to physically walk down to the desk to actually get the chair replaced. There were very few channels available to pick from on cable...I believe it was the absolute basic cable...with HBO to make it all better, lol! The internet was a decent speed.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2010

Great hotel, immediately greeted with a smile, Cherisse (sp?) gave us a thorough welcome explaining hotel amenities and explained our perks for being a Priority Club member. Rooms and entire hotel were very clean. Good breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant.

Only complaint was that the pillows weren't very comfortable and the beds a tad on the small side.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We were 3 adults and one teenager for 4 nights . Restaurant breakfast buffet was included as part of our group package. Donna and Kelly the two managers were outstanding.
No matter who we met (staff wise) in any part of the hotel we were always greeted with a friendly hello. Clean rooms, great pillows, extremely comfortable bed. The restaurant was empty on Friday night . We were the only four people dining there. The food was Excellent. We had Salmon, Pasta ,salads, hot bread, filet Mignon. All exceeded our expectations. Don't go out eat in.
The only downside was the lack of sound proofing between rooms as we could hear our neighbors talking early in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
KMarquart, Manager at Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2010

Thanks so much for the feedback! It was so nice meeting you and your family. I have passed along your kind words to Donna and the chefs at night that cooked your dinner! We hope to see you back in the Dayton area again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2010

I booked a standard king room and got WAY more than I expected. I booked because of the great reviews here on TripAdvisor, as well as the close proximity to the Air Force Museum. I checked in at about 7:30pm on Thursday 6/10/10 and was delighted to find out I had been selected as the property's "Guest of the Day"!! I was then told that we had received an upgrade to the executive suite as well as free breakfast and a gift of my choice! The room was fantastic and clean and the bed was incredible comfortable. I am sure I would have loved this hotel either way.....but they made our stay super special.

If the need arises, we would DEFINITELY stay here again!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
KMarquart, Manager at Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2010

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed being Guest of the Day. We appreciate our Priority Club members for their business, and we want to make sure we take care of them! We just received an all new bedding package for our rooms, and we have received rave reviews. We look forward to having you at our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2010

The Holiday Inn is one of the two best stay in the Dayton/Fairborn area. The other is its neighbor the Homewood Suites.

Stays at either should make you happy and satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright-Patterson

Been to Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675? Share your experiences!