“Do you eat? Then you MUST STOP HERE!!”

Jungle Jim's International Market
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Fairfield
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the largest farmers markets anywhere, covering more than 4 acres, virtually any type of food item is available.
Wadsworth
“Do you eat? Then you MUST STOP HERE!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

There is any type of food/candy/pastry/delicacy/savory/meat/seafood/ethnic that you can imagine and hundreds that you never knew existed!

Every age will find something here to delight them. Candy from your childhood, food for dinner, snacks for the evening, cocktail, wine...

Do your trip a favor and pop in here and enjoy yourself. Go slow, savor, and enjoy!

Winchester, Kentucky
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Must see if in the Cincinnati Ohio area!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a global grocer, I've been multiple times now and have seen new things each time. Make sure to take a cooler if your out of the local area. They have food products from all around the world. Also offer cooking and cookware classes of different types throughout the year.

1 Thank Roadtrac
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“MUST STOP!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

One of the other suggestions that we received from Tracy at the Butler County Visitor's Bureau was to stop at Jungle Jim's International Market in Fairfield Ohio.

When you first pull up to Jungle Jim's it looks like a very unique store. When you walk in, you will be speechless!!

My oldest has already declared we need to make at least a bi-yearly trip to Jungle Jim's and to IKEA! I believe so!

Jungle Jim's covers over 6 acres and has 150,000 products to choose from!!!

To learn about the Jungle Jim Story, you can click here.

On your first visit, you should plan to spend 2 - 4 hours there! I am not kidding! We knocked out 2 hours there and ended up spending more than we had initially thought we would! But it was all good!

Let's talk about each section in the market.

FRESH

Produce - It is huge! I have never seen such an enormous selection of produce. We ended up with apples and bananas but we could have bought whatever our hearts desired!

Deli - They have a whole section of Boars Head products! Salads, Cheese balls, lunch meats, oh my!

Cheese Shop - They have cheeses from France, Switzerland, US, Brie, Mozz (they were making it fresh when we were there), and many many more!!

Bakery - According to their website, they make over 700 loaves a day! We went home with two different loaves! They had loaves of sourdough that were larger in circumference then my oldest's! My senses though were thinking we needed the beautiful sugary delicacies, but the bread would be better for us (I know not really)

Seafood - They have an enormous seafood section! Octopus, Salmon, Tuna, Lobster, Shrimp and much more!

Meat - Most of us think of our local meat section in our grocery store as were we can pick up beef, pork, and chicken. Well, do you think Jungle Jim's would stop at just that? How about adding Kangaroo, Alligator, Buffalo and 17 kinds of sausage!

Olive Bar - We have very bland taste buds and enjoy just black olives, but this Olive Bar, even to non Olive connoisseurs looks amazing!

SPECIALITY

Hot Sauce - We didn't go through this section
Gourmet Galeria - We didn't go through this section
Candy - this is a child's, well let's admit adult's dream! There were so many candies from our childhood there! Sugar Babies anyone?

Our youngest was starting to get worn out from all of the walking so we just walked through the stores below.

Natural Foods

Frozen
Health & Beauty
Pets

INTERNATIONAL FOOD MARKET

The International Food selection is amazing! If you can't find what you are looking for then they just don't make it! According to their website, their International department holds over 50,000 products from over 70 countries!! It's the only place where I have found where you can buy fortune cookies and shelled peanuts in bulk!

BEER & WINE

If you enjoy beer or wine or spirits, this is the place for you!!! You can even purchase glassware there! They also have a Humidor & Smoke shop! According to their website, they have 12,000 labels of wines, plus more in a climate controlled Reserve Cellar and 1,200 different beers!

Jungle Jim's is truly a must stop when you are in Butler County Ohio! It has been featured on Good Morning America and The Travel Channel!

Indianapolis, Indiana
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“A lot to see for sure!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I stopped in Jungle Jim's to find a wine we had a party. I had non idea the store was like this. If we were not traveling back home I probably would've bought sooooo much fresh food. The store takes you on a wacky yet fun international tour of foods, wines, and cheeses. It's a very fun experience that kids would love! You can easily spend up to 3 hours in the store.

Danville, Indiana
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Neat shopping experience”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Visited with my grandchildren on recent Kings Island trip. Huge grocery store with reasonable prices. Huge bakery and huge area for international items. Really neat because I have been to most of the countries and what they carry is "spot on". They have a small movie theatre showing the history of the store and really neat displays thru out the store, ie motor boat, cheese crates, etc. Neat place to visit once, but I wouldn't return unless I was purchasing groceries. Grandson was disappointed when we saw "Jungle pets". It was a large pet food section, he thought they would have some animals to look at....