“My opinion has changed...”

Sawasdee Thai Cuisine
Ranked #73 of 104 Restaurants in Fairfield
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Freshly prepared, authentic, excellent taste. We use REAL Thai Chili Peppers!
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I wrote a review on here praising Sawasdee as my favorite Thai place. My opinion has changed. I decided that this is where I wanted to go for my birthdaY dinner. I ordered a '3' like I always have when we frequent here, but tonight the '3' was more like '7'(the hottest is 5). My dish was truly inedible. I had my husband taste it to make sure that my tastebuds weren't off, and he agreed it was inedible. I said something to the owner and stated that I ALWAYS order a '3'. She told me that maybe they got a hotter than normal authentic batch of peppers. She would not remake my dish. I asked for plain rice to try to mix in to lessen the heat level, and instead she brought me cucumbers. The cucumbers did help cool my mouth down, but still left me with a completely inedible dish. The only redeeming quality would have been the fried banana dessert, but when we ordered it they said they were out of bananas(saying they are out of bananas does happen frequently, which I don't understand, because Jungle Jim's is right near by). We left with no birthday dessert and had an awful meal. Sadly, we will not be returning to a place that we frequented.

1  Thank ljenn

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We've eaten here several times but during our most recent visit we encountered the meanest manager ever. We asked to be seated in one of the large corner booths as I had foot surgery one month ago and need to keep my foot elevated. The manager actually told me that she had had foot surgery and other restaurants never gave her special treatment. She stated she would not break her rules. The restaurant was totally empty, not one guest and at that time of day, it was obvious there was not going to be a rush. We ended up leaving without ordering due to her rudeness. On our last visit, I remember I was on crutches, and not one employee even bothered to help me open the front door (my wife had gone to get the car since there is no handicapped parking and the car was a long walk away). Train your management and give some consideration to those who are handicapped!

3  Thank Marc L
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I have been eating Thai food on business travel through the United States for at least 20 yrs. over that time many restaurants have become a little less Thai and they have toned the heat down. Not this place. Excellent satay with good ginger flavor. Good spring rolls. A little thin on the green curry but plenty of flavor. Everyone has their own spin on Tom Yum Gum. This was a good one

Reviewed 29 October 2013

After years of looking for a great Thai Place in Cincinnati. Bingo. Authentic. The food has great flavor and a true hot scale. Went there on a Tuesday and was back on Friday. It's on 4 on the right, right after Seward going North. It's small and just a few wait staff. So when it is busy they need more help. I am eager to explore the rest of the menu. If a Thai restaurant is good then the Tom Yum better add up. It did.The hot was good and you still can taste the food.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I just discovered this restaurant in a strip mall off Rt 4 and it exceeded expectations. It is clean but minimal, with very friendly and quick service. I had read that the portions are small but I thought they were normal for lunch. We choose three lunch items at about $6 a piece for two people to share, and it was plenty. I liked each dish we ordered (pad thai, thai fried rice, and green curry chicken) but the Pad Thai was my favorite. I had also read from reviewers that the food is spicy - I agree, a "1" here on the scale of 1-5 is around a "2.5" at other Thai places. The waitress talked to us about this though so we would know what heat level to order. Everything was very fresh and served quickly, will definitely return!