“Very friendly Staff and Reasonable Hotel. Would Stay Again.”

Holiday Inn Express Fairfield
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed 17 February 2013

The staff was very friendly at check in and through out stay. Had the king bed room with the kitchenette. Room was very large and nice. The breakfast that came with the room was very impressive. Staff made extra effort to make sure everyone who came to breakfast was able to find something. We came 15 minutes before breakfast ended and most of the hot items were out but the staff made fresh items so we and others could have a good breakfast. The selection of breakfast items was impressive from eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy and a pan cake maker machine. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: When booking a room ask for a room with a microwave and fridge. They are usually the same price as t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Paul V
Vanessa V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to convey your thoughts about your recent stay. Our staff is dedicated to exceeding expecations and delivering an experience in every department that our guests will not forget. I am so glad that you got to enjoy our breakfast bar and that you were so pleased with the service that your experienced. I will make sure to relay your comments to the entire staff to ensure they stay motivated to being a leader in excellence.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and more than accomodating. The room was very nice and clean! Between putt-putt, corn hole, the pool, and the arcade we had plenty to do. The breakfaste was very nice as well with quite a few choices to decide from!

Room Tip: After booking online i would call the hotel if you would like to add a microwave or refrigerator
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie L
Vanessa V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback in regard to your most recent stay. Our hotel is dedicated to providing every guest with the highest quality facilites and service. I am pleased to learn that we were succesful with your stay. I will use your review to further motivate our staff to continue their efforts. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed 13 February 2013

We visited the Holiday Inn-Fairfield for business as part of a regional skate competition. Despite the area being flooded with figure skaters, we found this Holiday Inn to be quiet, comfortable and a very positive experience. The staff was exceptional and the facility very clean. The pool area is a nice amenity as was the ability to bring pets. This Holiday inn clearly measures up to brand expectations and surpasses them in many respects. There is no question, this hotel is worth recommending.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul A

I want to first start by thanking you for taking the time to post this review. I want to also tell you how pleased I am that you enjoyed your stay here at our property. It was a busy weekend with all of the pretty little girls in their skating costumes and our staff worked very hard to keep up. I will make sure to use this review to confirm their hard work and I hope that we will be able to serve you again soon. Have a wonderful day and thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

I just recently was graduating with my masters degree from the University of Miami Ohio located in Oxford, Ohio. We originally had our reservations made at Baymont Suites in Oxford. I wanted to choose a hotel that would be near the university so that travel to and from would not be an issue. At the last minute, we had to make the decision to take our puppy along with. After inquiring with Baymont Suites, I found out that they were not pet friendly so we had to make a change and by then the closest pet-friendly hotel was the Holiday Inn Express in Fairfield, a good 25-30 minutes from the university. So, I began being disappointed in our hotel situation seeing it was such a far distance to the university. But, people at Holiday Inn made all the difference in making our stay such a pleasant one! Two people in particular on their staff, Katie and Paula, became like family in the three day stay. They took care of us so well, that by the time we left, they were giving us hugs good bye! My nine year old son, Jimmy, took particular like to both of these women. So, if we are ever going toward Cincinnati again, and I know we will, we will be definitely making Holiday Inn Express our first choice! We suggest this hotel to anyone who likes to be treated like family!

Room Tip: Say hi to Paula and Katie! You will be happy they are going to make your stay as comfortable as the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank donnaplocharczyk
Vanessa V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

I want to start by saying thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback. I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations during your most recent stay. It is our goal for every family staying here to be as comfortable as possible. Paula and Katie both are true assets to the team and I will be sure to use this review as positive reinforcement for the great job they do every day. I look forward to meeting you and your family the next time you stay and if there is anything that we can do to further assist please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

My husband and I stay here on the Saturday night of my owrk Christmas Party since we are 45 miles from home. It is a clean and comfortable place to stay. We reserve a room with a king size bed and there is a comfortable chair with an ottoman. There is a nice big desk to do any kind of business work. Nice big bathroom. They also include a hot breakfast with scrambled eggs, buscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon and an assorted bunch of breads and rolls. The front desk staff are wonderful and very attentive. Also, the next day we get up and check out Jungle Jims which is a treat in itself. We also stop by Bass Pro Shop for some Christmas shopping.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda M
Vanessa V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

I would like to start by thanking you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel. I also pleased to learn that your enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to ensure that each of our guests feels welcomed, special, and appreciated for their loyalty and for their feedback. I am also glad that our location provided to be a convenience for you. I hope that you enjoyed your holiday party and I would like to again thank you for your feedback. We look forward to being able to serve you in the future and I hope you have a great Holiday! Take care.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

If your a business traveler and need good internet access don't go here. However, if terrible internet is not a problem then this is a great place, with comfortable beds, friendly staff, clean rooms,an average Holiday Inn express breakfast, and hot coffee. For the three days I was here for business, the internet did not work well enough to even browse the net, let alone work on it. It was reset several times but still had a poor signal even in the lobby. This seriously affected my stay since I was there on business and could not get what I needed to get done completed and was really frustrating.

Room Tip: Bring you own wifi hotspot if you have to have internet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Vanessa V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback in regard to your most recent stay. It is our property's goal to ensure that each of our guest's are completely satisfied with their experience, I apologize that we fell short in our goal. I want to inform you that we have completely upgraded our property's internet equipment. In result of the upgrade, our internet service now matches our business traveler's needs. I would love the opportunity to serve you again and deliver the experience expected; I do appreciate the positive feedback in regard to the staff and the property itself. I again apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is a way that I can compensate this inconvenience and win your loyalty to our property. My email is mgr@expressfairfeld.com and you can also reach my by dialing 513-860-2900.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Easy to reach by car from Cincinnati and motorways of the area. Clean and quite big rooms, the bathroom as well. Good buffet breakfast food (not so big breakfast room, but this is usual for business hotels). All people at reception has been gentle.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback in regard to your most recent stay. It is our property's goal to ensure that each of our guest's are completely satisfied with their experience. I am so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that our rooms met your lodging needs. Positive feedback in regard to the staff is always appreciated and will be used as positive reinforcement to ensure that we continue to deliver the experience expected from an I.H.G. property. I would also like to inform you that we are currently looking into an option to expand our breakfast area and add additional seating. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Hampton Inn Cincinnati Northwest Fairfield
Courtyard Hamilton
Courtyard Hamilton
#1 of 1 in Hamilton
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fairfield? Share your experiences!