“Great Overnight Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Fairfield
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn on a business trip to Jungle Jim's--this hotel is located only 2 miles from the JJ location. It is an outstanding property! Extremely friendly staff, clean, spacious rooms and a superb breakfast. Did not use the pool, but it certainly is attractive and well located. I would highly recommend this property whether the stayis for business or pleasure. It is first class and obviously well managed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed one night while attending a graduation at Miami University. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Quite a spread for breakfast too! Lot of things to choose from; eggs, bacon, sausage, an assortment of breads, bagels, etc, cereal, juice and even a pancake machine. Was very tasty. The room was clean and quiet. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed here for a night while in the area for a volleyball tournament. While I did not sleep as well as I would have liked, I think that part of that was I was hyped up about our volleyball tournament on the following day. However, the bed was a little low to the ground and not as soft as I would have liked. I had a slightly sore back when I awoke. The room itself was quiet and dark for sleeping.

The customer service I experienced was excellent starting at check-in which was very efficient. They had obviously read the notes I had put on the reservation since the check-in clerk went over each of the points to ensure me they were taken care of ahead of time. I had also requested a quiet room location and was given a room on the top floor at the end of the hall. The really excellent service came on the second day when my volleyball tournament ended earlier than expected and I requested to cancel the second day of my stay even though it was early afternoon. This request was greeted cheerfully and after ensuring that some fo the cleaning staff were still available, I was able to cancel my second day's reservation without paying.

The hotel itself is conveniently 2 miles off of I-275. It is sandwiched between two low budget motels. There are a number of restaturants within walking distance of the hotel and many more within a short drive. In fact if you show your room key at the Spinning Fork restaurant across the (busy) street from the hotel they will give you a percent off discount on your bill.

I had a king bed room which was large enough to have a comfy chair with foot stool for sitting down to read or watch TV. There is a desk in the room, but the outlet on the lamp base on top of the desk is facing forward (not upward) and hence only the simplest of plugs will fit into the outlet. Therefore I had to crawl under the desk to plug in my computer and wireless device.

The room and bathroom were very clean. The lighting in the bathroom was excellent. There was a small refrigerator and microwave in the room.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

The staff was friendly and helpful, nice clean room, use of hot and pool all night, :) and breakfast was very tasty. The only thing that wasn't perfect was the luggage cart was rickety. (Not such a big deal)

• Stayed: March 2013
Vanessa V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

I want to begin by thanking you for taking the time to post your feedback about your most recent stay at our property. Each of the staff works so hard everyday to deliver the quality our guests deserve. I am so pleased that our staff, breakfast, and facilities exceeded your expectations. I also want to apologize for the inconvenenience you experienced with the luggage carts. Our management team is working on correcting the issue in a timely fashion. I want to thank you again for your business and for your feedback and we hope to serve you again soon! Take care!

Reviewed 13 March 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel with my family. I was very pleased with the friendliness of the front desk staff, the cleanliness and comfort of the room and beds, the availability of a 24-hr pool and hot tub, a gym, and the hot breakfast.

The hot breakfast had a very wide array to choose from: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage links and patties, biscuits, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, danish pastries, fruit, juices, coffee/tea. Having so many hot protein choices is always impressive.

If I'm ever back in the Fairfield, this is where I'll be staying again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank H S
Vanessa V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

I want to first thank you for taking the time to post such positive feedback in regards to your most recent stay with us. From the selection at breakfast to the pool area, we have done our best to listen to the guest and tailor our amenities and services to their feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed all that we offer. We hope that when you are in the area we will get the opportunity to serve you again. Take care and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Brought 4 children ...they were fully booked and had not one problem. If you need anything there are no questions! ! Awesome stay. Highly recomended!!! Very clean and wonderful staff! Close to shopping and entertainment!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank coolcarfanatic07
Vanessa V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a positive review in regards to your stay with us. It is our goal that every time you stay with us your expectations are exceeded. Such wonderful feedback is exactly what our staff needs to continue to drive to be a leader in excellence. It was great meeting you the other morning and thank you again for your review. Have a great day!

Reviewed 17 February 2013

The staff was very friendly at check in and through out stay. Had the king bed room with the kitchenette. Room was very large and nice. The breakfast that came with the room was very impressive. Staff made extra effort to make sure everyone who came to breakfast was able to find something. We came 15 minutes before breakfast ended and most of the hot items were out but the staff made fresh items so we and others could have a good breakfast. The selection of breakfast items was impressive from eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy and a pan cake maker machine. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: When booking a room ask for a room with a microwave and fridge. They are usually the same price as t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Paul V
Vanessa V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to convey your thoughts about your recent stay. Our staff is dedicated to exceeding expecations and delivering an experience in every department that our guests will not forget. I am so glad that you got to enjoy our breakfast bar and that you were so pleased with the service that your experienced. I will make sure to relay your comments to the entire staff to ensure they stay motivated to being a leader in excellence.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Hampton Inn Cincinnati Northwest Fairfield
Courtyard Hamilton
Courtyard Hamilton
#1 of 1 in Hamilton
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fairfield? Share your experiences!