“Great staff, OK property”

Holiday Inn Express Fairfield
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fairfield
Tampa, Florida
“Great staff, OK property”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

The Hotel itself was just OK. The room smelled very musky, which was very off-putting. The pool looked nice, I overheard someone say it was heated. Breakfast wasn't too bad. It is an older property, and you can definitely tell. But, what makes this property is the staff. Anyone I came in contact with was incredibly helpful and nice. Kim Pharris was a young lady at the front desk and she was simply amazing. Always had a smile on her face and was so helpful. The hotel is in a decent location, just off the Interstate and very close to a Frisch's (always important for me!). So, overall, if I were coming back to Fairfield, I wouldn't stay at this location until it was updated.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Sarah W,

Thank you for your considerate review. It is lovely to hear your kind words regarding our staff. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is great to read from our guests on how we are doing. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your valuable comments regarding the room and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we look forward to your next visit.

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Westerville, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

This location was terrible. Dirty, smelly towels in the Bathroom. Room wasn't cleaned after the first night. Overall Hotel was dingy and dirty. The Hotel's breakfast was not very good as well. The orange juice was very watered down and had a bad taste. The food was cold.

Room Tip: If you are used to the high standard of the Holiday Inn Express stay away from this location. It is...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear WiFiSolutionsGroup,

Thank you for your review. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. I assure you the feedback we receive will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

My wife Diane, her Mom and I were in the Cincinnati area for an unfortunate family tragedy and stayed at this Holiday Inn property. The hotel was neat and well maintained. The staff was professional and very attentive to any request for extra towels, area info, etc... Thanks again for a wonderful stay!!!!

Again thanks for a

Stayed March 2014
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

This Holiday Inn Express is an older property. It is not like the newer or remodeled Holiday Inn Express properties. The hotel is fairly clean. Rooms are ok but definitely needs a remodel. The staff is what made the stay pleasant. Very nice people. Greeted you nicely and were willing to help. I checked in late at night as my flight was delayed and they had everything ready for me when I got there n

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
HIEFairfield, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Morleyf1
Thank you for taking the time to do the review. I am glad to let you know the hotel is going to be getting updates early this year. We do appreicaite your thoughts on the staff, they are always looking at the reviews and it keeps them well motivated when they read good things about there performance.
Thanks again and we look forward to you staying with us in the future.
Cave Creek, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is your standard Holiday Inn Express. It's pretty old so it's a little run down. They did say they were about to start a remodel. Here's how I rate everything on a 1 to 5 scale: Bed - 5, very comfortable; Desk - 4, a little small; Desk Chair - 2, it's not really a desk chair and sits too low for any serious computer work; Pillows - 5, lots of them from very soft to firm; Shower - 5, good pressure, good height; Towels - 2, old and not very soft; TV - 1, common man it's 2014, can we get some HD, channel selection is very good; WiFi - 2, it's slow in the evening, I couldn't get it on my laptop in my room because it would not show in the available networks list and the "help desk" could not resolve the problem in the 6 days I was there; Quiet - 4, rarely had any trouble with noise; Staff - 5, they met every need cheerfully; Outlets - 3, there aren't enough near the desk.

Room Tip: Like every other Holiday Inn Express. Old and a little run down.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Patricia C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
EWM_ll
Thank you for taking the time to submit the review. I was very disapointed to hear your internet issue did not get resolved and I do apologize for that and that the speed was slow. We are in the process of correcting the internet speed issue.
The hotel will be going through a freshen-up in the next few months and we will be sure to have work desk and chairs in all the rooms as well as extra outlets. I will also look into the HD channel situation and texture of our towels. I am glad to hear the staff took good care of you and that you were comfortable.
We do appreciate your thoughts and do look forward to having you stay with us again.
Wake Forest, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

My traveling companion had business in the area and this hotel was convenient for that. The staff was nice, the room was cleaned promptly and the attendant for the breakfast kept everything neat, clean and filled. My only complaint was that they had one luggage cart for the entire hotel as far as I could tell and I never saw it until we had already schlepped our luggage to the car.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear redbirdgirl1965,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are pleased you did enjoy your stay. We apologize the luggage racks were not available when you checked in. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Canton, OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

We chose to stay at this location when visiting our daughter at Miami University. The drive between the accomodations and college campus is about 40 minutes. On our first night's stay we were kept awake by a very noisy A/C unit followed by the fire alarm going off 3 times during the night! All the rooms are clearly marked non-smoking but we could definitely smell cigarette smoke throughout the building and wondered if someone had set off the alarms when smoking. We were told there was a problem in the line of the hotel sprinkler system which caused the alarms to go off and that the fire dept also tripped the alarms when trying to correct the problem. The staff were friendly enough and apologized for the inconvenience. We were offered a token discount on our stay or hotel rewards points for the inconvenience. I feel everyone that suffered from little to no sleep that night should have been given a voucher for a free night's stay on a future reservation at any Holiday Inn Express. We would not have stayed a 2nd night but had no other choice since all the college area hotels were fully booked that weekend. We requested a different room for our 2nd night which we were given and although it was less noisy the room seemed very damp, especially the carpeting. At least the fire alarms did not go off that night! We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Patricia C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Hankinkl
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfield.. I appreciate you choosing our hotel. I was very disappointed to read that we were not able to provide an excellent experience for you during your stay. It is clear that we fell short of your expectations. The noisy ac unit and moisture issue of your rooms have since been corrected. Although the 2 am leak in our sprinkler system that caused the alarms to sound was unpreventable, we do realize how annoying this can be. Our monitoring company and fire system contractors were quick to respond and were able to fix the problem without further inconvenience to our guest.
Our goal is to consistently deliver above standard service and experiences, and I’m very sorry we were not able to provide the level of service to help you score us as such. I assure you that your comments were not taken lightly, and we will use them as a training tool to better our hotel and improve our product for our next guest. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we do hope you will give another chance.
I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and perhaps personally book your next stay to visit your daughter at Miami Univerisity.

Patricia Clark
Holiday inn Express Fairifield
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Hampton Inn Cincinnati Northwest Fairfield
Courtyard Hamilton
Courtyard Hamilton
#1 of 1 in Hamilton
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fairfield? Share your experiences!