“Richards Ain't What It Used To Be”
Review of Richards Pizza

Richards Pizza
Ranked #4 of 103 Restaurants in Fairfield
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Private Dining
Description: Great Taste Since 1955! Richard's menu has something for everyone: pizza, calzones, pasta, sandwiches (including Richard's world famous steak sandwich), salads and gluten-free pizza, and our fresh fudge for dessert! Feeding a Group? We do that! Let us bring it to you. Give us a call and we'll take care of the work. Our catering menu, group delivery service and/or our private party room are perfect for any kind of event!
Middletown, Oh
“Richards Ain't What It Used To Be”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

At one time Richards made the best steak sandwich around, but no more. I have eaten at three locations recently and the result was the same at all three. Sub-par food and lackluster service. The Original Richards steak sandwich had a special sauce and onions sliced paper thin. The sauce is still the same (IF THEY REMEMBER TO PUT IT ON), but the onions are no longer thinly sliced. Probably takes to much time to thinly slice them. Our order was wrong two of the last three visits and the service on our last visit was beyond bad. We waited and waited on order while noticing food stacking up on the warming shelf. After asking about our food the man at the front counter turned around and took our sandwiches off the warm shelf. His comment was "They just came up". Me.... "No they have been sitting there at least 15 minutes". Man at counter "Well they just now told me they were up". Me.... "No there is no one telling you when the orders are up". Don't lie to customers when you have an open kitchen and they can see everything going on. At least our sandwiches were hot but instead of the original sauce they had put pizza sauce on them. When we pointed this out to the man behind the counter said he was sorry but he had put the order in correctly he didn't know why they had pizza sauce. There was no offer to remake our order.

A plea to the Richards management...... train your staff and bring back my favorite steak sandwich!

• Visited October 2013
Gayl U, Owner at Richards Pizza, responded to this review, 19 February 2015
Thank you for taking time to post your comment. Every suggestion helps us to understand what matters the most to our guests. We work hard to make sure everyone is on the same page. We have been working on making sure our steak sandwiches are prepared the same way at each of our 5 stores, but if you would like more onions for your steak sandwich or extra sauce, don't hesitate to ask, they are free. During our regular Manager's meeting, I will make sure everyone is adding the correct onions. I also attached a photo to our Trip Advisor listing. This is how we prepare the onions for the sandwiches. I hope you will come back and enjoy all the foods you've grown to love.

Our goal is to provide a positive customer experience because we want you to come back, so I apologize that we have not met your expectations. We will continue to work on this and hope you will stop in again soon. Everyday is another opportunity for us to give excellent service!

Lawrenceburg, IN
“Good but a little expensive”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

It had been a while since I had visited Richards so my wife and I decided to stop in on our way to go shopping (ugh). The food was very good, the service wasn't bad, but, wow, this time it seemed really expensive. $32 for a large pizza, a 6" ham and cheese sandwich and one Bud Lite Lime. Grant it, the sandwich was great, and the pizza was almost as good as I remember it being...but that seems steep.

I've yet to try Chesters, but everyone seems to think it's better...guess I'll give it a shot.

• Visited September 2013
Fairfield, Ohio, United States
“Not great, but getting better”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Every time we've visited the service has been more than lacking. The last visit (bd party for a friend) there were new employees with a much better attitude. Hoping the changes keep coming. They've been around so long I'd like to see them stick around.

Visited July 2013
Sullivan, Illinois
“Fantastic - Famous Italian Steak Sandwich”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We had the opportunity again to stop and eat one of Richards Pizza Famous Italian Steak Sandwich. I have eaten many steak sub sandwiches around the U.S. and this is by far the best I have ever eaten.
I highly recommend this sandwich. The service here is friendly helpful and great. The eating environment is fabulous for a family restaurant.
There are six locations in the Hamilton, Fairfield Ohio area.

• Visited May 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“came for the steak but loved pizza too”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I was visiting the area and a friend suggested the steak sandwich. Since we were hungry we ordered a steak sandwich and a deluxe piazza. We were not a bit disappointed. Both were wonderful. I didn't try the fudge but I hear it is good too. If you find yourself hungry in Fairfield I highly recommend this place.

Visited January 2013