“It's terrible when expecting poor service is the norm”
Review of Buffalo Joes

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Buffalo Joes
Ranked #64 of 104 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

We live in Fairfield and any restaurant choices are slim. We have been frequenting this business for 25 years through various locations and various owners. It started as a wings and rings. One thing has remained consistent throughout all of this is the poor to horrible service, the penny pinching of the owners and the waitstaff that is bitter and rude. We have tolerated it because its wings and with them bad service is expected, but how bad? So bad that on a semi slow sat afternoon we walked in for a late lunch, we sat for 15 minutes without even being acknowledged. Servers went back and forth and basically ignored us. We got up to leave and I stopped by the front counter. The girl stared at me and I said, we are leaving, she again just stared and the waitress standing there, who has been there for years said "I am busy, I am getting to you when I can?" My thoughts...You know don't bother! We went to buffalo wings and rings by jungle Jim's and had great service, great food and actually better prices, plus they have outdoor seating. After 25 years, we will not be going back to Joes. The owners don't cars, why should we. South for trying to support local businesses, when they don't want it. If I treated my customers with such smug arrogance I would be out of business. Not sure why we ever tolerate or support continual bad service. This was not based on a single incident but a culmination of years of tolerance.

1  Thank TemptingTravel

Reviewed 11 December 2012

When my wife and I get in the mood for chicken wings Buffalo Joes is our "Go TO' spot. The curly fries are a prefect side. I like the blue cheese dressing with the celery. If you are looking for wings, you can't go wrong.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

We had a coupon so we thought we'd try Buffalo Joes. The restaurant is clean and attractive but that's about its only positive features. My wife ordered a "steak sandwich" which was little more than a rectangular hamburger; I ordered fish and chips and received a huge half-empty bowl containing a modicum of fries and three little medallions of an undisclosed fried fish. I was charged two dollars extra for getting regular fries instead of the kiddie curly fries. The waitress did not know what a"pint" glass was even though the customers at the next table were drinking from them! The Ipad checkout system confused both myself and the staff!

2  Thank dean_carroll
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Food is mediocre and priced higher than it should be. Systems have been switched to iPads and this befuddles the staff making dor long waits on food and checkout.

BEWARE: PARTIES OF 6 OR MORE ARE AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED 20% GRATUITY.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

We visited for lunch and the 2 waitresses we saw were very friendly, always smiling. The food was good. I loved the chips & my wife really liked the Tuna sandwich and she LOVED the onion rings. The place is a little dated, but the food and service is good.