“Casual restaurant”

Sweet Pea Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
HUDSON
“Casual restaurant”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Low key place to have a good lunch near Summit mall. Have been here for breakfast as well and had a delicious omellete

• Visited August 2013

Akron, Ohio
“Great breakfast.”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Service is slow and food coming out too but with that said. When it does come out presentation is great and so is the food. Just drink one of their fabulous mimosas while you wait and read the paper!!

• Visited July 2013
“Great Breakfast Place”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Huge pancakes, fresh eggs and omelets, everything tastes just as it should at a reasonable price. I would recommend this place for breakfast any day.

• Visited March 2013
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“In first, but served last”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I thought the place was nice when we first got there. We were maybe the 2nd table in, and it was clear they were short-staffed, so we expected a wait. The waiter we had was very nice and apologetic. The thing that upset me was that our other group of friends that came in 30 minutes after us, and were seated in another section, had their orders taken after ours and still managed to get their food and finish it well before we even got our food. After 1 1/2 hours, I finally cancelled my order, and the other people at my table didn't get their food until after the band we'd come to see had finished their two hour set (we had arrived just before they started playing). When we did get our food, they gave my friend fries instead of a salad, but we didn't bother saying anything, because we just wanted to get out of there! I am perfectly fine with waiting a bit when the staff is short, and if everyone had a two hour wait that's not great but it happens. However, serving everyone else arriving after us first just because we aren't in your section is not a good business practice. I don't care how busy you are, that is not something you let happen if you want people to come back. The food is good, but not that good! Next time I fo there to see a band play, I will bring my own meal.

• Visited November 2012
Akron, Ohio, United States
“Meh”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Oh you know, just out trying another new breakfast place ;)

Sweet Pea was not at all what I was expecting. In my mind I envisioned this small cafe, full of charm, the smell of great breakfast and maybe a Cheers like atmosphere. Instead it was a large space with no personality or charm. It really seems they found a big enough space and bought some tables and chairs and figured, "good enough!"

BUT, sometimes the most lackluster places are the ones that blow you away.

Sadly, not Sweet Pea.

First, the staff is at their own pace- SLOW. Forever to get acknowledged, to get food, to get a bill, etc. In fact, after our waitress cleared out plates it took 15 minutes to get a bill. She was standing at the counter texting. So if you're in a hurry this isn't your place.

Food, I really don't remember, HA! I mean, I didn't have to get it remade but it also doesn't stand out in my memory of wowing me.

• Visited March 2012