“Wonderful place for breakfast”
Review of Sweet Pea Cafe - CLOSED

Sweet Pea Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I am staying at the Hilton Hotel across the road for a couple of days and after having breakfastin the Beau Grille once, I sterted to look for an alternative. Trip Advisor provides the Sweet Pea Cafe and I can second all other reviews. Good food, very nice people, moderate prices and an overall enjoyable experience.

1  Thank jp1964

Reviewed 28 August 2010

blown away by everything: lobster mac, roast duck, risotto cakes, local beer. YUM.

1  Thank copleyplucky
Reviewed 8 April 2010

When I eat out I am interested in high quality (that means FRESH produce and products), optically attractive arrangements, creative combinations, vegetarian and vegan options on the menu, and of course: taste. All of my criteria are totally fulfilled in the Sweet Pea!
Actually, it is THE "go to" place when dining out in the whole Akron area for me.
I do love the salads with the best balsamic dressing I ever had, and the breakfast offers (the vegetarian breakfast sandwich is so yummy and keeps you filled a whole day as it comes with home-made potato wedges), but sometimes I also indulge in the - daily varying - quiche or the excellent mac&cheese.
The setting in the plaza is not particularly "scenic" or "romantic" but I love that they now have tables outside (European flair!), and that the spacious restaurant area is filled with beautiful photographs and thoughtful ideas which honor the guests.
I say: a MUST if you are in the area and on low budget, but want to have the feeling you are eating in the Sheraton.

1  Thank divanova
Reviewed 7 April 2010

I would definitely go back to Sweet Pea Cafe. My daughter and two grandchildren went for breakfast. Did not go away hungry. Would love to see a childrens menu. Too much food for the little ones. My daughter had the California Omelet and I had there French Toast with blueberry compote. Delicious!!

Reviewed 26 January 2010

I've eaten at the Sweet Pea Cafe twice now. I had breakfast both times. The first time I had blueberry pancakes and sausage. They were both good. I also tried some of the cherry chocolate pancakes, something unique. The chocolate is in the batter and makes for an interesting taste.

The second time I got Justin's Special Omelet (or something like that.) It is an omelet with macaroni and cheese, chorizo, and vegetables in it. It got my attention because it sounded strange but it was real good. The chorizo helps tie everything together. I'll have to get it again and watch for other creative things like this.

The service was friendly and the speed was OK. I'll be going back again and recommending the restaurant to others.